Do I need to wash my Bike? Still looks clean, salt? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do I need to wash my Bike? Still looks clean, salt?

CriticalCore

Not sure what happend to the other thread, I picked up my Ninja on Friday and rode it around for about 100K over Saturday & Sunday, any noticeable salt was around the side of the roads where no one drives. Weather was just dry on those days in the 2-6 Degree's so nothing go wet, should I still wash the bike as I'm worried about washing off the grease/lube on the chain which there is still plenty of.

Would be doing so in a car-wash, spray some water at low power from a distance to make sure nothing gets messed up, then with soap or foam. Only question is do I need to?

th5_funny_spring_animals.jpg

When I had a street bike I at the very least, wiped it down after every ride. Wheels and swing arm cleaned from chain goop, dust from parking garage, dirt from riding. But im also OCD. But still. If you got a salty bike, wash the thing. Cleanliness is godliness.

Lol

Haven't washed the FZ9 in weeks, might be a puddle of plastic and metal next time I see her.

They go faster dirty, I know from experience (3 years of it)
Haven't washed the FZ9 in weeks, might be a puddle of plastic and metal next time I see her.

Road salt / brine eats metal and causes cancer (rust) when the metal surface gets wet. $3 at your local power wash car wash with first soap setting then second wax setting to rinse. Watch the pressure washer on the radiator fins, one swipe and you'll destroy them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Best to take note of the people who say don't wash the salt off, and who ride all year.

That way when they're selling, you can steer clear.

If you're worried, wash it. If it'll give you oeace of mind to spend 5-10 minutes wiping away the salt instead of just worrying for days or weeks, just do it.
Your bike won't explode from not being clean, but it will look nice. Until you ride it for longer than 20km, or thru rain, or tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Holy-heck. Look at the bike. Is it covered it salt and slush? NOOOP. You said you rode around for 100km on dry roads and not thru salt. At worst you got a tiny bit of salty-road dust on the bike. HOLY SHIMMIES!

Unless you go ride in the rain, I'd not bother washing it at this point until the weather warms up and you can properly wash, rinse and dry (+ warm weather for the bike to air dry). Don't take the bike to the coin-op power wash.

Best to take note of the people who say don't wash the salt off, and who ride all year.

That way when they're selling, you can steer clear.

Best take note of all the people that advocate power washing their bike with salty water ( you do know it's recycled eh ? )

All you are doing is driving salt into places it would never get from riding. The engineers design modern motorcycles to be all weather vehicles,
....this isn't the 1970s :rolleyes:

but, how far away from home is this car wash? How you going to get it home after you wash it? You will now have to ride a (briefly clean) wet bike thru all the brine / salt dust
to get it home.

Best take note of all the people that advocate power washing their bike with salty water ( you do know it's recycled eh ? )

All you are doing is driving salt into places it would never get from riding. The engineers design modern motorcycles to be all weather vehicles,
....this isn't the 1970s :rolleyes:

Garden hose?Driveway?

Arizona Car
Never winter driven
Krown application

All fake news in some circles apparently.

Back
Top Bottom