07 R1 49yrs old. wawanesa $1022 L9T looking for better | GTAMotorcycle.com

07 R1 49yrs old. wawanesa $1022 L9T looking for better

canuck

I Was good to go for 3 years with my current company and I guess I have read here that across-the-board rates have gone up. I'm almost 50 driving a super sport I'm not a goofball and that's what the previous rate was based on was my age. No accidents in 3 years so I think I should look around just to be safe if a thousand bucks seems about reasonable. I have the most minimalist coverage. Thanks for any direction or if a broker wants to quote me feel free.
Ter 2a. Type 8. Class I3. Sec 3-3. Sec4-3. Sec7-3. Group 09 ..

Last edited:
To be honest that sounds like a great deal on insurance. If you can get better, I'll be very impressed. I pay 3k on a 600 with liability and comprehensive :'(

edit: I'm 27 tho so that's most likely why.

I don't understand why I would delete my post it's just a junk email. That's how I found my last insurance was by doing this. I wonder what the concern is.

Last edited:
That's not far what I (51) pay for my Tuono though I've also got another bike (FZ8S), the house and two cars with them.

I don't understand why I would delete my post it's just a junk email. That's how I found my last insurance was by doing this. I wonder what the concern is.

maybe I just worry too much

Attachments

• manly smell.JPG
    manly smell.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 61
The reason I signed up with them was the underwriter had a specific clauses for dudes in their 40s with sport bikes. I guess someone has to pick up these customers if it's across the board then I guess I'm stuck but mind you coverage is minimal

The reason I signed up with them was the underwriter had a specific clauses for dudes in their 40s with sport bikes. I guess someone has to pick up these customers if it's across the board then I guess I'm stuck but mind you coverage is minimal

Are you saying you were paying $1022? That wasn't a great deal. I ride a litre bike and at 32 I had been paying $800 for the last two years until this year (including increased accident benefit coverage, but without collision). At your age I'd have expected even less.

Are you saying you were paying $1022? That wasn't a great deal. I ride a litre bike and at 32 I had been paying $800 for the last two years until this year (including increased accident benefit coverage, but without collision). At your age I'd have expected even less.

$800 at 32 ? How ? May I ask who your insurer is and where you're located ?

Allstate. I've had my M and been insured for 14 years prior, so I have the elite rider discount and the bike does not have collision on it (being 10+ years old). I also have 3 other vehicles and a home on the policy. Living in Aurora. It's gone up $200 this year so I'm looking to see if I can get a better deal.

Last edited:
Allstate. I've had my M and been insured for 14 years prior, so I have the elite rider discount and the bike does not have collision on it (being 10+ years old). I also have 3 other vehicles and a home on the policy. Living in Aurora. It's gone up $200 this year so I'm looking to see if I can get a better deal.
Ah ok, makes sense then. Having a 10+ year history makes all the difference.

Do you mind sharing contact info for wawanesa? I’m looking to compare rates against my TD MM renewal that came in at $1133 for a 40 yr M with M2 downtown toronto.. 2016 GSX-R750. I’ll be getting full M this summer...

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing contact info for wawanesa? I’m looking to compare rates against my TD MM renewal that came in at $1133 for a 40 yr M with M2 downtown toronto.. 2016 GSX-R750. I’ll be getting full M this summer...
You'll need to talk to a broker. Try Chris/Paul South of surnet insurance on this forum.

Edit: wawanesa requires one to be motorcycle licensed for atleast 6 years.

I Was good to go for 3 years with my current company and I guess I have read here that across-the-board rates have gone up. I'm almost 50 driving a super sport I'm not a goofball and that's what the previous rate was based on was my age. No accidents in 3 years so I think I should look around just to be safe if a thousand bucks seems about reasonable. I have the most minimalist coverage. Thanks for any direction or if a broker wants to quote me feel free.
Ter 2a. Type 8. Class I3. Sec 3-3. Sec4-3. Sec7-3. Group 09 ..

Take all your stuff to Allstate. My Hayabusa is just over $500 a year. I got mine through Matthew http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?203840-Allstate-Insurance&highlight=allstate

Last edited:
Wana I used cornerstone in barrie.

Been riding for 28 years. I have been insured consecutively for 10 years three of the last with Wana .last year I paid $850 with wana.

not a big fan of the deal where all my insurance is with one company. I did hear this year there are increases for Super Sports across the board so perhaps I am at the bottom end. Thanks for the replies

Last edited:
Wana I used cornerstone in barrie.

Been riding for 28 years. I have been insured consecutively for 10 years three of the last with Wana .last year I paid $850 with wana.

not a big fan of the deal where all my insurance is with one company. I did hear this year there are increases for Super Sports across the board so perhaps I am at the bottom end. Thanks for the replies

$850 last year makes more sense. Sounds like we are paying roughly the same previously and now even at two different companies. My price went up approx $200 as well this year. I started calling around for better rates but decided to stick with my insurer.

I switched to Allstate after 4yrs of no bike insurance or bike with State Farm. After finding the bike I wanted, I called around for rates (that's when State Farm switched underwriters and screwed all the SS owners) and my buddy told me what he pays I called up his All State Agent and it was a no brainer to switch when everyone else wanted 1000% more. I have my MY13 1199s, they quoted me $1300 originally and told me that I would qualify for the elite insurance the following year once my at-fault dropped off. I am now paying just under $1100 with full complete coverage for the past two years. I even brought over my car and house which helped bring the rates down.

Back
Top Bottom