Cheapest insurance price $/cc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest insurance price $/cc

CHRIS63

male
M1 Aug '17
M2 Oct '17
no tickets

What would be the highest cc bike and the cheapest to insure?

SS are literally blacklisted everywhere, **** this province. :angry5:

Last edited:
male
M1 Aug '17
M2 Oct '17
no tickets

It's not so much that they are blacklisted everywhere per say, it's probably more specifically your age and limited riding experience. From what I've gathered from my own search and others posting on the board, getting SS insurance under 30 is going to cost you 4K+ (if you're lucky).

Most on the board and brokers will suggest something like an R3, or a standard/dual sport 400-500~ cc of some sort; realistically unless you're wanting to spend more than any bike is worth that is where you'll have to start at this point.

male
M1 Aug '17
M2 Oct '17
no tickets

Probably a streetfighter - FZ07, Street Triple 675, Duke 690, CB500F

Unless you`re stuck on sport bikes - FZ6R, 650F, Ninja 650

Get a quote for a bandit 600 or 650 (newer). My wife's insurance was cheap as an m2 rider. Great inline 4 sound and good use able power. @Morrissey on this forum has a nice one for sale.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

male
M1 Aug '17
M2 Oct '17
no tickets

May I ask why the bike has to be highest cc? I'm sure you know that higher cc doesn't always translate to fast. If you want a bike with more torque (difference being quick vs fast), like I wanted when I got my license, then best bet is to go for a naked 650cc bike. The pull on those bikes is amazing and I was able to effortlessly keep up with 600cc supersports, be it inner empty roads or highways. If you don't like the upright riding position, you can always swap out the bar with an ultra low one. It's quite cheap and DIY.

Once you've had your license for 6 years OR once you turn 30, whichever comes first , you would be able to afford SS insurance. Just maintain a squeaky clean record.

Alternatively, go for a 2007 or 2008 zzr600, as I suggested elsewhere.

Believe it or not, those 650cc naked bikes are FAST, and can easily hit 200kmph. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:
May I ask why the bike has to be highest cc? I'm sure you know that higher cc doesn't always translate to fast. If you want a bike with more torque (difference being quick vs fast), like I wanted when I got my license, then best bet is to go for a naked 650cc bike. The pull on those bikes is amazing and I was able to effortlessly keep up with 600cc supersports, be it inner empty roads or highways. If you don't like the upright riding position, you can always swap out the bar with an ultra low one. It's quite cheap and DIY.

Once you've had your license for 6 years OR once you turn 30, whichever comes first , you would be able to afford SS insurance. Just maintain a squeaky clean record.

Alternatively, go for a 2007 or 2008 zzr600, as I suggested elsewhere.

Believe it or not, those 650cc naked bikes are FAST, and can easily hit 200kmph. Ask me how I know.

which naked bike would you recommend?

which naked bike would you recommend?

Lots of options. Personal favorites include, but not limited to, Yamaha FZ-6, FZ7, Kawasaki Z650 or ER-6n, Suzuki SV-650. Can't go wrong with any of these. If you buy used, you can probably sell them for nearly the same price few years down the line.

I chose the Kawasaki ER-6n (black/green color) as my first bike. And thoroughly enjoyed every moment riding on it.

Last edited:
Something under 400cc IMO. They'll all do HTA172 speeds easily, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom