Have you deleted Facebook yet? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Have you deleted Facebook yet?

before-facebook-this-is-how-we-unfriended-people-3376303.png

Thats a good one! lol. Never been on facebook and glad I never was.

How British of you, they should deny you that Canadian Passport just on that comment.
Also there are so many retarded responses on Twitter though, a few ppl i follow John Cleese, Gary Lineker and Stephen Fry the comments/replies are typically dominated by yahoo's.

Game invites are easily blocked, and so are the users/friends that are asking you to sign up. I just did a purge of my FB friends, removed about 300 ppl. It's now down to a respectable amount.

There is always instagram for photos. That’s where I keep in touch with my relatives from Scotland.

Instagram is owned by Facebook

Also someone mentioned Whatsapp, owned by Facebook

Sent from the moon!

decided to finalize my decision with FB
downloaded my data to keep pics and stuff
then sent the delete request, should be all killed in 14 days they say

OP, thanks for giving me a nudge

WhatsApp is a facebook company, wanna bet the DB's are shared?
and is wildly popular overseas
don't know anyone that uses it back home

I have not seen anything to support that (security guys raising concerns over it). WhatsApp also encrypts your messages.

Edit: This link suggests you are right ... http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/julien-mercille-whatsapp-data-facebook-2972039-Sep2016/ ..... I guess Signal is the new secure ****. Interesting, the people who created WhatsApp and sold it dearly to FB invested in Signal, right after .... oh, the money against principles. Always losing battle in today's world.

Last edited:
Another simple way to think about this:

If you are getting a product for free, odds are YOU are the product.

Again, this should not have been a surprise to anyone. On top of that, if "you are the product" so is your information...

Another simple way to think about this:

If you are getting a product for free, odds are YOU are the product.

Again, this should not have been a surprise to anyone. On top of that, if "you are the product" so is your information...

And what app you use daily on your phone or computer, you really have paid for or its service, so you could think that anyone is not part of this today?

Gotta give credit to Zuckerberg for fessing up about his role with no ambiguity. We all know what FB did wrong, like we usually do for big public blowups like this. Yet that never stops them from lying about their responsibility. I for one have never heard a bigwig be so frank and open about their failure. He still failed massively, but his unfiltered honesty is refreshing.

No. Why would I? They're doing exactly what I thought they'd be doing when I signed up. Anyone that is upset that they're sharing data is just silly since everyone knew that right from the beginning. I also know Google is watching everything I do and probably sharing that, as well.

If I cared more I wouldn't have signed up to begin with. Not that I love the idea but I see no reason to get upset because they got caught doing exactly what I thought they were doing.

At least it lets me know now that a good number of my friends are homophobic, racist, bigoted, or complete idiots, lol.

It's done. Gone. Didn't sign in for the 2 week cooling off period.

I doubt my data is deleted from their servers, but they won't be getting any new stuff either. Watching that hair-capped automaton during the hearings only cemented my position. Google is next but I think that will be far more difficult.

Gotta give credit to Zuckerberg for fessing up about his role with no ambiguity. We all know what FB did wrong, like we usually do for big public blowups like this. Yet that never stops them from lying about their responsibility. I for one have never heard a bigwig be so frank and open about their failure. He still failed massively, but his unfiltered honesty is refreshing.

How do you know he is being honest? Do you have powers like Kreskin?

I think that is his shtick. Comes off as this honesty humble dude, but this $hite keeps happening. I really believe behind the scenes he is like Scrooge McDuck...."it's all mine" with all the data they collect off users. I am sure they will revamp the security etc, and this whole thing will quiet down and people will forget and it will go back to normal, until they or some other business finds another way to exploit the data.

....They're doing exactly what I thought they'd be doing when I signed up. Anyone that is upset that they're sharing data is just silly since everyone knew that right from the beginning. I also know Google is watching everything I do and probably sharing that, as well.

If I cared more I wouldn't have signed up to begin with. Not that I love the idea but I see no reason to get upset because they got caught doing exactly what I thought they were doing.....

Pretty much why I don't use it....or put any info in.

How do you know he is being honest? Do you have powers like Kreskin?
I don't know what he said to the committee yesterday, I didn't follow it. My post was in response to his statements reported in the press before that.

The reason I think he's being honest is because we all pretty much know what happened, and that's what he described, and also it's generally the case that whenever someone says something against their own best interest, it means they must be telling the truth.

You can decide if that makes me like Kreskin, I don't know or care.

The few clips I saw...he was dancing around the questions or putting up the corporate response. Of course the app is going to use the info you give them to target itself and it's advertising(where the $$$ come from), etc.

I don't know what he said to the committee yesterday, I didn't follow it. My post was in response to his statements reported in the press before that.

The reason I think he's being honest is because we all pretty much know what happened, and that's what he described, and also it's generally the case that whenever someone says something against their own best interest, it means they must be telling the truth.

You can decide if that makes me like Kreskin, I don't know or care.
If I can find it for you, I'll post. Pretty interesting. The republicans grilled him for invasion of privacy & censoring free speech. Quite a sigh. I think I got a mental orgasm

Back
Top Bottom