Liberal government plans to block pirate sites | GTAMotorcycle.com

Liberal government plans to block pirate sites

Roadghost

Should have known something dark and evil was afoot when Trudeau tried to threaten Zuckerberg into blocking certain content on the Facebook. The Liberals are laying the ground work for internet censorship with plans to block pirate websites. If anyone thinks that's where the censorship is going to stop they're dreaming. Next it will be websites "likely to influence voters during an election". Nothing scares the government more than the free internet. They're going to invoke the spectre of the Russian troll bogeymen, information miners etc. as if people are all stupid and they can't see through it. But first we'll start with pirate sites.

https://torrentfreak.com/key-internet-players-excoriate-canadian-pirate-site-blocking-plan-180323/

Voice your opposition here:

https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/Com...g=e&EN=201800467&ET=A&S=O&PA=T&PT=A&PST=A&FN=

Slow precedence my friends... Remember when Trudeau said he admired China's "basic dictatorship"?? That should've clued you in. Fraternizing Castro, another dictator should be another clue.

Slow precedence my friends... Remember when Trudeau said he admired China's "basic dictatorship"?? That should've clued you in. Fraternizing Castro, another dictator should be another clue.

You are funny. I guess Harper never muzzled anyone right?

You are funny. I guess Harper never muzzled anyone right?

Harper is gone. He's not coming back. I didn't agree with everything Harper did either but we have a new government now with a new agenda, and if you value free expression you should be concerned.

Harper is gone. He's not coming back. I didn't agree with everything Harper did either but we have a new government now with a new agenda, and if you value free expression you should be concerned.

This is copywrite connected though correct and any government would be facing lobbying by the media industry reps? Actually for the longest time we have been left untouched by the stronger regulations in place elsewhere and I've been grateful for that so if this does eventually happen it shouldn’t surprise that many people.

What does this have to do with Trudeau? This is the same old **** from media companies. They go for this any time they sense there is an opportunity

This is just going through due process. The best thing to do is cancel your Bell and Rogers stuff.

You don't need censorship or muzzling if you can dumbify the population by nanny stating and promises of free beer tomorrow.

You don't need censorship or muzzling if you can dumbify the population by nanny stating and promises of free beer tomorrow.

Free beer??? Who promised that?? I need to know who to vote for !!!

Should have known something dark and evil was afoot when Trudeau tried to threaten Zuckerberg into blocking certain content on the Facebook. The Liberals are laying the ground work for internet censorship

Uh, no, Trudeau and the Liberals have nothing to do with this. I'm not sure how you managed to attach either to this at all, actually.

If you actually click the links in the very story you posted, you'd see that, surprise surprise, this is our wonderful Canadian media companies that are pushing this, actually...

The coalition’s members include Bell, Cineplex, Directors Guild of Canada, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, Movie Theatre Association of Canada, and Rogers Media, which all share the goal of addressing the country’s rampant piracy problem.

The very companies that stand to benefit most. Colour me unsurprised!

The only government involvement in this whatsoever is the CRTC considering it...and pushback has been hot and heavy, so given their track record recently (actually, amazingly enough, doing consumer-positive things for the most part) it'll likely die the death it deserves.

Let me see if I can do this too:

Roadghost planning on eating babies!

I should have known something foul was afoot when I started reading this thread! Roadghost (a closet Liberal if there ever was one) is planning on eating babies (and white ones at that!). Here's a link to proof!!!!!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news

<<Yawn>>

Was that around the time Trump was gushing about Xi being president for life China quipping it sounded like a good idea?
Or Duterte?
Or Putin?
Or Erdogan?
Or El Sisi?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/trump-xi-jinping-dictators/554810/

Talk about admiring, cozying-up, associating with and being inspired by dictators.

Back
Top Bottom