Liberal government plans to block pirate sites | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Liberal government plans to block pirate sites

TV Box gives you a lot of content. They work great for movies and TV shows - tons of content, no commercials, good quality if you have high speed Internet. Not so good for live TV (sports, news, live TV broadcasts).

Ohhh this is educational for me. I didn't realize it was commercial free. ty for the heads up.

Ohhh this is educational for me. I didn't realize it was commercial free. ty for the heads up.
You can watch it on your own time too. No more recording.

I cannot stand watching cable anymore. We pay $20+ to watch endless mind numbing intrusive commercials , and corporate news media that is anything but objective and informative. and we pay to set up and provide the infrastructure in our own homes to provide a bill board for them to advertise in our homes...ridiculous and outrageous. We should be getting paid for having cable in our homes...

I don't know, but I can select what I want to watch and when. Commercials are no problem for me. I don't watch politics on TV, 99% sports and educational channels. I spend like probably 5 minutes on commercials a week. Not that difficult to avoid.

I never heard of the idea being paid for watching cable TV ... LOL

Last edited:
TV Box gives you a lot of content. They work great for movies and TV shows - tons of content, no commercials, good quality if you have high speed Internet. Not so good for live TV (sports, news, live TV broadcasts).

But the TV box still needs internet connection .... so how will this exactly avoid the censorship vultures in the future? If TV box will beat it, I am sure my current tools will deal with it as well in the future. They might be able to stop ordinary and disinterested folks, but not someone who with a little bit of fiddling will try to avoid their "wall".

But the TV box still needs internet connection .... so how will this exactly avoid the censorship vultures in the future? If TV box will beat it, I am sure my current tools will deal with it as well in the future. They might be able to stop ordinary and disinterested folks, but not someone who with a little bit of fiddling will try to avoid their "wall".
It does have an Internet connection and as such the ISP could block certain content - that happens in countries that have national censoring programs including like China, North Korea, Iran, England and dozens of other countries. Content providers also block content, you won't see the same Netflix or Hulu in Canada as you do in the USA.

It's solved using VPN technology.

I don't know, but I can select what I want to watch and when. Commercials are no problem for me. I don't watch politics on TV, 99% sports and educational channels. I spend like probably 5 minutes on commercials a week. Not that difficult to avoid.

I never heard of the idea being paid for watching cable TV ... LOL

glad you got a chuckle out of that. no, we shouldn't be paid for watching cable - we should get paid for setting up an advertising billboard in our homes.

Back
Top Bottom