Ordering parts etc from the USA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ordering parts etc from the USA

sburns

Hey GTAM'ers

Have been thinking about ordering some stuff from JPcycles and eBay in the States. I have a US shipping address I can go pickup stuff.

Just curious if anyone here has any experience order from either of these 2 sites or anyplace else.
Interested in your feedback.

Thx, S

I’ve ordered more than a half dozen items in the past 6 months from the U.S. and shipped to CBI warehouse in Niagara. Most were direct from U.S. retailers and a couple from Ebay vendors where shipping was free within the U.S. or much cheaper than shipping to Canada. Never had a problem and only had to pay tax once crossing back over a week ago. The border was almost empty and I was bringing back goods worth $250usd. I had only been over for a half hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the exchange hovering around 35% again, is it really worth it?

When you score a rare part in near mint condition for an old CB...certainly is.

When your wife buys a few items at 1/2 the cost of what she would pay up here...no brainer.

When you score a rare part in near mint condition for an old CB...certainly is.

When your wife buys a few items at 1/2 the cost of what she would pay up here...no brainer.

Fair enough, it's just that the deals are not what they once were in many areas once the exchange reality is taken into consideration now.

There are certainly exceptions to that rule. ;)

You definitely have to do the math. I’m fortunate to have use of a company vehicle so I’m not paying out of pocket for gasoline...and I do have reason to be down near Niagara on a regular basis so not a lot of added time to cross over and make a pickup.

I’m always looking to buy locally first though. So you are right that it is the exception.

I ordered some parts from JPcycle, things that were not available here. I had them shipped to the house. Paid UPS a $28.50 brokerage fee on $270. US in parts, no duty was charged. I don't know if thats usual to not pay duty on sheet metal parts but that was my invoice.

I ordered some parts from JPcycle, things that were not available here. I had them shipped to the house. Paid UPS a $28.50 brokerage fee on $270. US in parts, no duty was charged. I don't know if thats usual to not pay duty on sheet metal parts but that was my invoice.
UPS is the worst for brokerage fees. I try to buy from vendors who will ship USPS. Your fee will be about $5

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

When buying stuff - I make sure
I check all local vendors FIRST!
GP, Royal, Orps etc...if not available, then check F9, MX1, Blackfoot etc...if not available, then
as last resort go to US & Europe
and pay ridiculous import fees
When you spend your $ try
to support local business first...
my 2c

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I’ve ordered more than a half dozen items in the past 6 months from the U.S. and shipped to CBI warehouse in Niagara. Most were direct from U.S. retailers and a couple from Ebay vendors where shipping was free within the U.S. or much cheaper than shipping to Canada. Never had a problem and only had to pay tax once crossing back over a week ago. The border was almost empty and I was bringing back goods worth $250usd. I had only been over for a half hour.

Awesome great to hear. I usually stay overnight so I avoid any tax or duty issues. And I usually go mid week when the boarder is calm.

With the exchange hovering around 35% again, is it really worth it?

Some stuff you can't get here or is much cheaper. I am looking for a rack for my tour pak. I can pick one up for $36 in the States (HD wants $180 here, I haven't seen any used). Plus I am ordering bunch of items to make it all worth my time.
[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

UPS is the worst for brokerage fees. I try to buy from vendors who will ship USPS. Your fee will be about $5

Agreed UPS is the worst for shipping cross boarder. If the vender has a shipping option USPS is much better. Been stung by UPS to know this.

When buying stuff - I make sure
I check all local vendors FIRST!
GP, Royal, Orps etc...if not available, then check F9, MX1, Blackfoot etc...if not available, then
as last resort go to US & Europe
and pay ridiculous import fees
When you spend your $ try
to support local business first...
my 2c

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Glad to see someone else supports Orps. I've never seen so many dirtbike accessories in stock in one store! He has more handlebars than most stores have total stock.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hey GTAM'ers

Have been thinking about ordering some stuff from JPcycles and eBay in the States. I have a US shipping address I can go pickup stuff.

Just curious if anyone here has any experience order from either of these 2 sites or anyplace else.
Interested in your feedback.

Thx, S

I've order tons of stuff from Revzilla before...no issues..

You have to do the math on exchange and know your US and CAN pricing. If shipping direct to your door from the US always use USPS as likelihood of fees or taxes charged is minimal. I use Partsfish, Revzilla, GP Bikes, Fortnine and Pete's for 99% of what I need and if the net all in cost is just a few points apart I use CAN vendors. On OEM Honda parts shipping to CBI in NF stills saves me 30 - 40%.

Awesome great to hear. I usually stay overnight so I avoid any tax or duty issues. And I usually go mid week when the boarder is calm.

Some stuff you can't get here or is much cheaper. I am looking for a rack for my tour pak. I can pick one up for $36 in the States (HD wants $180 here, I haven't seen any used). Plus I am ordering bunch of items to make it all worth my time.
[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

any way you can make the purchase part of a trip to the area?
when I needed luggage and a rack, the only dealer near me was not at all interested in the business
ended up traveling to central Minnesota and had installed while I went for lunch

easiest way to bring bike accessories home is to ride them home

I've order tons of stuff from Revzilla before...no issues..

These days with the exchange rate and their $40 delivery to Canada, it usually isn't worth it unless you score a smokin deal on a close-out item.

for oem parts check out www.partspitstop.com located in Ann Arbour Michigan. They have a very good website to help in getting the exact item you want.

Checked out a few parts on this site vs. a Partsfish order from January 2018 and these are good prices, about 6 - 7% less. Thanks.

any way you can make the purchase part of a trip to the area?
when I needed luggage and a rack, the only dealer near me was not at all interested in the business
ended up traveling to central Minnesota and had installed while I went for lunch

easiest way to bring bike accessories home is to ride them home

This ^^^^
I've done this a few times.I have a favorite motel in Maggie Valley.
Owner lets me ship to her and she signs for it.
Then I do a trip down there and grab it all up.
win win
I try to by in Canada first but if I cant find what I want then this is the best way.

Back
Top Bottom