Anyone interested in a new CanAm Spyder? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone interested in a new CanAm Spyder?

While I definitely won't be buying a spyder anytime soon, I would really like to try one. I'm not one to attend demo days to try bikes that I know I won't be buying, it makes me feel sorta guilty lol.
However I might see if I can demo a Spyder this season just to check it out.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I think Spyders are interesting and would own one if $30K mean't nothing to me.

They are like a wheelchair-motorcycle -- a great option if you can't manage 2 wheels. I can't understand why anyone would choose a Spyder over a motorcycle or basic sport car.

Maybe some Spyder owners can share their decision making.

I described why we switched to Spyders in this post from 2016.....
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Am-Spyders-!&p=2434392&viewfull=1#post2434392

I'm 66 now, retired and we both are on our 2nd Spyders. I still very much miss my VStrom but I'd never go back to 2 wheels, neither would my wife.

They are quite simply fun to ride. We managed 27,000 Km each last year. They are more stable particularly in the rain. Weather is a non-factor for us. No avoiding painted lines or sandy corners.

You do have to work hard to ride aggressively though. Lots of arm and shoulder input required. You do not have the "advantage" of leaning into a curve.

I do understand the perception that they are an old persons bike, I guess I fit that profile..but we ride hard and can keep up with or out ride most cruisers and we can ride all the sport bike roads, albeit they do blow right past us.

Last year on Tatlock road we were doing 110 Kph and SIX sport bikes blew past us and doubled their distance from us in 15 seconds!

We enjoy them, and yes they are very expensive but BRP has stated they are bringing out a new model this fall that will be $10K U.S.

....and yes they are very expensive but BRP has stated they are bringing out a new model this fall that will be $10K U.S.

Other than relocating HQ to Texas (now we will have Francophones speaking in both a French accent and a Texas drawl) because they want to 'be closer to the primary market', so I guess they forgot they also sell Ski-Doos? I see no news of a $10K model and might be a 2 wheel motorcycle? There is no way they can keep their expensive CPU on a 3 wheeler and sell it that low.

0% alcohol beer, 0% alcohol wine, veggie burgers, diet candy, non dairy cheese, soy milk, almond milk, wood grained printed laminate, carob, CanAm Spyders, Fox news, political promises,

0% alcohol beer, 0% alcohol wine, veggie burgers, diet candy, non dairy cheese, soy milk, almond milk, wood grained printed laminate, carob, CanAm Spyders, Fox news, political promises,

May I add this also.. Tide Pods.

not sure about $10k, but they are for sure coming out with a cheaper entry model for about half the price of the current ones. Source: I work at a BRP dealership

https://www.brp.ca/spyder/build-and...nfigAirPlatformId=SPY_F3_SPORT&modelYear=2018

Starters are $20,799 as it stands but the $10K may be a US price therefore $14-15K CDN plus plus plus.

What annoys me is that the warranty doesn't cover you in the USA. A buddy bought one for his wife and found out the hard way.

...What annoys me is that the warranty doesn't cover you in the USA. A buddy bought one for his wife and found out the hard way.

Your buddy must have done something wrong or ****** off someone.

Lat fall while in NY my cruise control stopped working. I had the defective switch module replaced under warranty by a dealer in Hudson Falls, NY. They did it while I waited.

There's lots of us old people taking spyders to Florida and Arizona for the winter. All receive full warranty coverage when needed.

I would just go get a roadster like a BMW Z3 or Z4 or used 911 if on a budget. I feel the Spyder and T-Rex just have all the disadvantages of a small car and a bike with no advantage of the bike or a roadster.

I would have doubted you last week and thinking even $1,000 is great. But in the USA their discounts on new cars are literally insane. Looking at updating my Golf to a GTi or Alltrack. Get on Autotrader USA site and dealers within 500 km of Toronto are clearing brand new 2017s for US$10K off list. You would be crazy to buy and pay for this car in Canada.
How much would you actually be saving with the exchange rate and Import fees?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I am looking to sell my wife's 2013 Spyder ST Limited if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Nobody is interested in a vehicle that is neither a good bike or a good car combined.

People who buy them drive them a few times and park it.

Good luck selling it to a market that has thousands for sale. Used

Nobody is interested in a vehicle that is neither a good bike or a good car combined.

People who buy them drive them a few times and park it.

Good luck selling it to a market that has thousands for sale. Used
Maybe this is not a good spot to post this. Maybe someone who is not capable of riding 2 wheels will be interested.

While I definitely won't be buying a spyder anytime soon, I would really like to try one. I'm not one to attend demo days to try bikes that I know I won't be buying, it makes me feel sorta guilty lol.
However I might see if I can demo a Spyder this season just to check it out.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Even if it's put on by the manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom