looking for somewhere to ride for 5-9 days. | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking for somewhere to ride for 5-9 days.

huhsure

Trying to figure out where to go for 5 to 9 days. I'm up for anything staying in Canada or dropping down to states. I'm thinking a more scenic route but I'm not sure, generally if I ride more spirited I'm in leathers and I'm not sure I want to be riding in leathers for 9 days lol. Would much prefer to be in hotels than camping. I'll be on an sv650 so only on road.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

when do you plan on going?

east coast and back is ideal given your time frame
but not recommended for at least a month

not enough time to go west and see much if you wanna smell the roses

so that leaves south, within a day of riding you should be into considerably warmer weather
down through PA, the Virginias and Carolinas is a fantastic area, could make a nice loop outta that

East coast not worth doing if your into twisty/ interesting roads. |Go to West Virginia, 1 day ride to back of the dragon. Nothing in Eastern Canada within a 1000 miles that compares. I have done Vermont, New Hampshire , New York, Pennsylvania, double Yawn

BB

Yup I agree
With that time frame head south young lad :)
MD - NC - OH - TN - WV - VA - GA and KY if you end up that far west.
Here are a few POI that are worth checking out.
These are just a few that i have gathered.

There’s a pretty decent bike night at the Stone House in Farmington PA.
While in the area check out Ohiopyle PA.
Harpers Ferry / Sandy Hook along the Potomc River in MD / VA
Backbone Falls TN is a wonderful place for pictures.
Big Walker Lookout Wythville VA also do the Back of the Dragon #16
Hungry Mother State Park...my favorite park
smile.gif

Falling Spring Falls VA
Lunch at Swing Bridge Paint Bank VA
Route 56 Steels Tavern VA to Colleen VA
Smoke Hole Rd
Hillbilly Hot Dog
Babcock SP
Cooper Rock SP
https://goo.gl/maps/NRxtpnL4TTr

Last edited:
You really don't give us a lot of info in your post and it would be helpful to tell us when you might go. My first trip south is 3 days end of April to Ohio and the next ride is 5 or 6 days through NY, PA, southern Ohio and then WV first week of June. If you're looking for great bike roads then head south.

Lots of good roads here http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...e-The-best-roads-routes-in-Ontario-Quebec-U-S as a starting point. Mid to end of May through to mid June is great as roads are clean of winter sand, traffic is low and temperatures are relatively mild.

Thanks for all the suggestions. sorry I forgot to mention I was planning on going early/mid june.

You can go south and do the Blue Ridge, the Dragon, the Skyway and several other rides in North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky.
There and back in a week if you choose to push it. Nine days is plenty if you want to take your time.

I'm a big fan of New Hampshire. Beautiful roads and scenery. A trip to the top o Mount Washington is a must! Also a hike through Flume Gorge is worth bringing some sneakers and a change of shorts. I stayed at the Woodstock Inn and Brewery and was very happy. Charming Inn that is spread out through a few buildings in their downtown, each room has its own unique decor and they have a nice restaurant and a pub attached where they brew their own beer. A great place for a base of operations and shamrock tour out of for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom