...are being asked to stay away from terms like Mr., Mrs., father and mother | GTAMotorcycle.com

...are being asked to stay away from terms like Mr., Mrs., father and mother

The stupidity continues. I refuse to conform. You ruined x-mas and festivus with the holidays. Next thing, Canadian names aren't multicultural enough... change them!

Report cards for children are already like that as of this school year.

My brother in law who coaches hockey below 10y old told me that now they have to ask the kid what they want ppl to refer to them as at the beginning of the season.

It's getting everywhere.

This is insanity at a level most of us can't even comprehend!!
The only silver lining here are the comments at the end of the article.
Even the more left leaning CBC readers seems to NOT be onboard with this!
He is a disease, trying to destroy the nation on every front before he's finally kicked out! If he doen't fix the next election that is!

Who the **** cares? If it makes someone more comfortable, is it really a big deal to make minor changes?

Who the **** cares? If it makes someone more comfortable, is it really a big deal to make minor changes?
Making a few hundreds comfortable at the cost of making millions uncomfortable,
As far as i know, most people like the honorific terms. Specially the terms mother and father.
I dont know any many mother who dislikes being called a mothers and most fathers i know take pride in being called father.
Dont believe me, read the comments sections.
IMO this is all backwards. If a few hundred people in Canada don't like the terms, then they can ask individually to be called whatever they like and government employees can respect that and call them by their names. Rather than nationally changing this for millions who dont agree and forcing it down their throats.
Offending millions not to offend a few is backwards IMO

37 million people in Canada and we all have to change for a few. Another day in Trudeau's liberal hell

Making a few hundreds comfortable at the cost of making millions uncomfortable,
As far as i know, most people like the honorific terms. Specially the terms mother and father.
I dont know any many mother who dislikes being called a mothers and most fathers i know take pride in being called father.
Dont believe me, read the comments sections.
IMO this is all backwards. If a few hundred people in Canada don't like the terms, then they can ask individually to be called whatever they like and government employees can respect that and call them by their names. Rather than nationally changing this for millions who dont agree and forcing it down their throats.
Offending millions not to offend a few is backwards IMO

37 million people in Canada and we all have to change for a few. Another day in Trudeau's liberal hell

People are being offended by being referred to as "a parent" rather than "mother"?

People need to grow a spine. This is primarily meant to have people not have to have a weird conversation about how they have two moms/dads or some sort of transgender parent. It's both easier and less time consuming.

People are being offended by being referred to as "a parent" rather than "mother"?

People need to grow a spine. This is primarily meant to have people not have to have a weird conversation about how they have two moms/dads or some sort of transgender parent. It's both easier and less time consuming.

Grow a spine? Why dont you tell that to those 0.01% who dont fit in the norm (norm as is majority not better or worse) rathen than almost all of society?. Again,99.9%(not an exact number but you get the point) of society are not transgenders who also dont like being called mother or father, Mr or Mrs...Almost all of society is fine with honorific terms .. specially when it comes to terms like Mother and Father!
So again, rather than changing the way an entire nation identifies to appease a tiny percent, make an exception for that tiny population and make everyone happy.
For that rare phone call by that person who might not like being called a mother, tell them to start the conversation by making that point and have the government employee respecting their request. How hard is that? But no, Trudeau wants to take away honorific (which ie meant to show respect) away from everyone for the few who might not like it.
Could not be more backwards of a solution

EDIT: I tried to look up thaactual number of trangenders in Canada and couldn't find anything. If you know what the population is, please share

honorific

[on-uh-rif-ik]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective 1. Also, honorifical. doing or conferring honor.

2. conveying honor, as a title or a grammatical form used in speaking to or about a superior, elder, etc.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/honorific

Last edited:
Grow a spine? Why dont you tell that to those 0.01% who dont fit in the norm (norm as is majority not better or worse) rathen than almost all of society?. Again,99.9%(not an exact number but you get the point) of society are not transgenders who also dont like being called mother or father, Mr or Mrs...Almost all of society is fine with honorific terms .. specially when it comes to terms like Mother and Father!
So again, rather than changing the way an entire nation identifies to appease a tiny percent, make an exception for that tiny population and make everyone happy.
For that rare phone call by that person who might not like being called a mother, tell them to start the conversation by making that point and have the government employee respecting their request. How hard is that? But no, Trudeau wants to take away honorific (which ie meant to show respect) away from everyone for the few who might not like it.
Could not be more backwards of a solution

EDIT: I tried to look up thaactual number of trangenders in Canada and couldn't find anything. If you know what the population is, please share

The target audience of the terminology changes is not necessarily the specific people whose gender or sexual orientation is being discussed, but also others in the family. A child may be filling out forms that previously referred to "mother" and "father" and they may not be comfortable with their situation: this could be that they have two moms/dads or a transgender parent. Besides the comfort issue, this also causes confusion: whose name goes into mother and whose goes into father?

I think you need to assess how much of a difference this really makes to you and decide if you're upset about it. For me, this is a total non-issue to make some basic accommodations for others. This seems like the people that get all upset and flustered that gay people exist because "IT AIN'T RIGHT!" even though it has 0 impact on their lives.

The whole "almost all of society does xyz" thing doesn't hold any weight. At one point incest was okay too, but society evolves. Maybe that's what the MAGA people want to go back to, now that I think about it.

Oh, so this is the real reason you brought it up ...
Not sure what you mean but If by real reason you mean being sick and tired of a useless PM who does nothing but dabble in identity politics while all the serious issues are fallnig through the cracks, youre right.

The target audience of the terminology changes is not necessarily the specific people whose gender or sexual orientation is being discussed, but also others in the family. A child may be filling out forms that previously referred to "mother" and "father" and they may not be comfortable with their situation: this could be that they have two moms/dads or a transgender parent. Besides the comfort issue, this also causes confusion: whose name goes into mother and whose goes into father?

I think you need to assess how much of a difference this really makes to you and decide if you're upset about it. For me, this is a total non-issue to make some basic accommodations for others. This seems like the people that get all upset and flustered that gay people exist because "IT AIN'T RIGHT!" even though it has 0 impact on their lives.

The whole "almost all of society does xyz" thing doesn't hold any weight. At one point incest was okay too, but society evolves. Maybe that's what the MAGA people want to go back to, now that I think about it.
I dont know how you compare incest with using terms like mother and father. Incest is scientifically proved to create substandard offsprings with many health/mental problems. How is calling a mother, mother damaging to anyone?

And i agree with you on making accommodations. I have never had a problem with making accommodations for the smaller parts of society to make their lives easier and equal. I've never had a problem with same sex marriage for example because it didn't take away from heterosexual marriage. Simply put, i respect your rights as long as it doesnt come at the cost of mine and vice versa.

You have a valid point about two mothers or two fathers in one house. But why are we removnig the terms? Rather than creating an extra box for these cases on forms. Instead we are removing the term mother and father which majority of society identifies as (and no thats not the same as incest lol), we can add a box for two mothers or two fathers. This way everyone is included without one group being undermined to protect another group.

What about an elderly woman or man who prefer to be called Sir, Ma`am, Mr. Mrs ... What about their rights? Do they not have any rights? See my point here? Making accommodations for any group os fine but not when it comes at the cost of taking away from another. And in this case, it didnt have to be the binary choice that liberals made.

Good example was the passports. You have gender make, female and now X. They didnt take away the male and female from passports. They added one more for those who identify differently and i personally dont care one bit.

Bottom line for me is this. I respect others rights choices, likes and dislikes and i would accommodate to make them happy. But not when it comes at the cost of my right. That's not progress, that's just reverse discrimination (traditionally speaking).

To address your majority doesnt mean right comment again...Most people walk, a small population cant. You dont get rid of all stairs in the country and replace them with ramps because a small portion of society is on wheelchairs. You design a society with majority in mind (hence stairs) and add ramps to accommodate for thos who cant use them. I think this should make my point clear

Remember when I said "Slow precedence"?? Don't say I didn't warn you!

Leftists said the same thing in 2016 before Trump got elected. They laughed and laughed.
Tthey're not laughing anymore ;)
The same thing when Doug Ford wanted to run for PC leader.
Wait till he becomes Provincial leader

Can we hurry up and colonize the moon and other planets so I can escape the ridiculous nonsense on this one...

Back
Top Bottom