Ode to Spring | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ode to Spring

cknowles

As the days get longer and the snow starts to melt, the sap starts running, and the scent of maple syrup permeates the sugar bush.

The Canadian motorcycle enthusiast emerges from his den where he has spent the past six months huddled by the fire, reviewing last seasons Moto-GP race videos and dreaming about riding his trusty steed along the highways and byways of our great land.

At first his forays are tentative, bringing the machine out of hibernation is done with care and deliberation.

First is detailing to remove the cobwebs of winter, fuel lines get flushed, glass and chrome polished. At last it's time to disconnect the battery tender and fire up the machine.

All at once the air is full of the music of perfectly tuned cylinders firing, the familiar smell of burned hydrocarbons fill his nostrils, indeed it is good!

He eases out the clutch and takes the inaugural voyage to the end of the street and back. Springtime is here at last!

Damn, I haven't prepped my bike yet

I need new tires & need to clean my fuel filter. High mileage bike

Buying a new bike in January has it's benefits.Prep done!

edit:but my chain is rusty already.....muahahahaha.

As the days get longer and the snow starts to melt, the sap starts running, and the scent of maple syrup permeates the sugar bush.

The Canadian motorcycle enthusiast emerges from his den where he has spent the past six months huddled by the fire, reviewing last seasons Moto-GP race videos and dreaming about riding his trusty steed along the highways and byways of our great land.

At first his forays are tentative, bringing the machine out of hibernation is done with care and deliberation.

First is detailing to remove the cobwebs of winter, fuel lines get flushed, glass and chrome polished. At last it's time to disconnect the battery tender and fire up the machine.

All at once the air is full of the music of perfectly tuned cylinders firing, the familiar smell of burned hydrocarbons fill his nostrils, indeed it is good!

He eases out the clutch and takes the inaugural voyage to the end of the street and back. Springtime is here at last!
Nicely put!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Very nice....

Here's a line from Rush I love....for riding

Well-weathered leather, Hot metal and oil, The scented country air. Sunlight on chrome, The blur of the landscape, Every nerve aware.- Rush - Red Barchetta

I'm hoping Sunday to dig out the bikes. Going to be a real project as I buried them at the back behind all of the patio furniture etc! I've got two bikes to sell this spring and I want to get it done sooner rather than later. Need to get them out, washed, prepped and photographed for Kijiji.

On a totally unrelated topic, anyone interested in a very well kept Suzuki Bandit with Givi cases or a Sachs MadAss? ;)

ma nature putting a cork innit :(

39128748930_12b8dbaf60_z.jpg

The only thing that keeps me from riding in the winter is the physical fact that 2 wheels on snow or ice do not make any sense, and since I'm not a cat who has 9 lives, or a Hindu; I only get one chance at life, not multiple chances. Cold does not bother me, especially with all the options now and great snow sports wear, snowmobile suits and stuff.

Perhaps the ideal solution is getting a trike like a good used CanAm Spyder? Likely selling for cheap. Need to think on this next December!

Just went past Sheridan College and they are out this weekend running the motorcycle course.

Tomorrow’s gonna be ccccold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been the same every year for the past 45+ years. Everyone wants to get out riding ASAP after a brutal winter. We always have a few teaser days in March and then mid to end of April the weather clears and we're off again.

The only thing that keeps me from riding in the winter is the physical fact that 2 wheels on snow or ice do not make any sense, and since I'm not a cat who has 9 lives, or a Hindu; I only get one chance at life, not multiple chances. Cold does not bother me, especially with all the options now and great snow sports wear, snowmobile suits and stuff.

Perhaps the ideal solution is getting a trike like a good used CanAm Spyder? Likely selling for cheap. Need to think on this next December!

I grew up on snowmobiles, we're talking Alouettes and Ski-doos from the 70's. I've always had this inner desire to commute to work on an Ural or BMW with a sidecar attachment in the dead of winter.

Back
Top Bottom