Motorcycle Racing in Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Racing in Ontario

LWTRacer

Out of curiosity.

How many of the people on here (probably the biggest forum in Ontario) go and attend sanctioned motorcycle races?

Whether it is CSBK, RACE, VRRA or SOAR.

I know there are a lot of racers on here (actual racers not TD riders) and thats not who I am interested in.

Spectators.

Do you go and watch races? Did you know we had a national class and a few regional classes? For track day riders, do you go to races? Do you bring your friends?

What sort of things would you be interested in seeing, to bring more of you out to the track?

Every Friday, and Saturday night, there are 100s of motorcycles at Tim Hortons across the province at any given time. Why do those people have no interest in going to the track?

I go to Mosport for the bike races every year, last year I checked out some flat track racing for the first time and it was great.

Went to Grand bend and Mosport CSBK rounds this year. Enjoyed both but the trackside of grand bend was weak at best...no where to sit except the one grandstand with bad speaker reception so you couldn't hear anything. Food is weak at best and out of sight of the track. Couldn't even buy a water bottle at trackside. At our national rounds you can't even buy a CSBK t-shirt. There should be a camera feed somewhere as well. Just get Tim's to bring one of their portable trucks to trackside! Some kind of central schedule would help too. It is not easy to find out what is going on. But all of these race series do a terrible job of letting us know what is going on. Where are the official posts on this site or on canada moto guide? Let people know what is going on and maybe you'll see more attendance. And not live commentary in a half an hour show a week after the event is not the way to get people to show either. (and i went to two races!)

Last edited:
Just because you have a bike doesn’t mean that you automatically have an interest in racing. For me personally I don’t care for track sports as I just don’t find it that interesting watching vehicles go round and round the same track. Something like Dakar is a little more interesting and I probably would like speedway racing if I were there in person.

More Supermoto racing please!!!
I would definitely attend!
bbrrrraaaaappppp!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Good question!

Just because you have a bike doesn’t mean that you automatically have an interest in racing. For me personally I don’t care for track sports as I just don’t find it that interesting watching vehicles go round and round the same track. Something like Dakar is a little more interesting and I probably would like speedway racing if I were there in person.

I can relate. I had zero interest in motorsports until I bought a motorbike.

After I bought one, I started to understand the complexities of what the riders inputs where and the extreme level of talent to perform at professional levels. Then I started watching motorcycle racing more and more as I explored my personal limits.

Speedway/Flat track is great because you can view the whole race from your seat. Road racing, in person, you can only view a portion of the track. Some tracks more than others.

Road racing is much like hockey. Great sport but some games are better than others depending on how it unfolds.

I went to the Grand Bend CSBK and usually pop in for a Sunday of SOAR racing at Grand Bend as well. For me its close about an hour away. For what you get track side I'm not sure I'd drive further for anything other than MotoGP (when it was at Indy).

Make it more like a basket ball game with things to do during the gaps in racing and make the track side more engaging. Grand Bend was almost impossible to get food in less than an hour for the CSBK so that needs to be improved or you miss an entire race or more. I usually know a few people at each event so I look for them in the pits and chat. I love being able to walk right in the pits, don't charge more for this or eliminate it as it's a highlight and people out on the fringes will get an eye opener and feel like they are part of the event more.

I love motorcycles, I track ride and I enjoy motorcycles more out of a performance aspect then to ride to Tim's and look cool and chat about the newest machines out.

All that being said I will continue to support the Grand Bend track as I ride there often and want to see it thrive, if every year I go to the CSBK and the crowd is larger and the amenities are improved I'll be even happier.

Last edited:
Each to their own. I enjoy motorcycles as you are "in" the exterior rather than watching it go by from the window of a car. You feel the temperature change as you go in and out of shadows or up and down hills etc. I use it for exploring new places, probably why I have no interest in going round and round the same place or watching that.

Every Friday, and Saturday night, there are 100s of motorcycles at Tim Hortons across the province at any given time. Why do those people have no interest in going to the track?

the Timmies crowd would ask you why you don't hang out there with your bike

different people buy different bikes for different reasons

for instance, I don't like the track or Timmies

to each their own

I watch every Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP race, and I discovered this winter that CSBK has a YouTube channel so I've been working my way through past seasons until the weather warms up. I've also watched a bunch of N3wman's YouTube channel, especially the stuff with the commentary voiceovers.

All that said, I've only ever made it out to one race at Mosport and I had no idea who any of the riders were, so there was no sense of tension or excitement in watching a bunch of anonymous bikes ride around. But once I start to recognize names and personalities I can get invested in it. In this sense the YouTube videos with commentary are vital.

Come on out to watch regional level racing. Either Shannonville or Grand Bend, whatever works for you.

Either way, there will be members of this forum participating ... Put some names and faces together and say hi in the paddock. Makes it more interesting when you know who is out there and can talk to them in the paddock (provided they're not up to their ears in tire changes or suspension adjustments or fixing stuff)

If you want to get closer to the action ... try being a corner worker. Ask at the track. The corner worker organizers are always in need of more people. I did that for a couple of years.

Come on out to watch regional level racing. Either Shannonville or Grand Bend, whatever works for you.

Either way, there will be members of this forum participating ... Put some names and faces together and say hi in the paddock. Makes it more interesting when you know who is out there and can talk to them in the paddock (provided they're not up to their ears in tire changes or suspension adjustments or fixing stuff)

If you want to get closer to the action ... try being a corner worker. Ask at the track. The corner worker organizers are always in need of more people. I did that for a couple of years.

Thanks for the tip!
Will definitely look into it...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

As suggested in this thread.

Free fan giveaways at RACE and CSBK Shannonville weekend.

Fans have the chance to receive a free t-shirt prize at breaks in the racing action.

Generously supported by:

Snow City Cycle Marine
Bickle Racing
Walker Racing
Windmill Motorsports
Burns Racing
613 Motorsports
Riders Choice

Come spectate and see Ontario Motorcycle racing at your local track.

RACE
Round 1 Final races Sunday May 13
Round 2 Final races Sunday June 17
Round 3 Final races Sunday July 15
Round 4 Final races Sunday August 5
Round 5 Final races Sunday September 23

CSBK National Race at Shannonville Motorsport
Round 1 Final races Sunday May 27

Last edited:
Went to Grand bend and Mosport CSBK rounds this year. Enjoyed both but the trackside of grand bend was weak at best...no where to sit except the one grandstand with bad speaker reception so you couldn't hear anything. Food is weak at best and out of sight of the track. Couldn't even buy a water bottle at trackside. At our national rounds you can't even buy a CSBK t-shirt. There should be a camera feed somewhere as well. Just get Tim's to bring one of their portable trucks to trackside! Some kind of central schedule would help too. It is not easy to find out what is going on. But all of these race series do a terrible job of letting us know what is going on. Where are the official posts on this site or on canada moto guide? Let people know what is going on and maybe you'll see more attendance. And not live commentary in a half an hour show a week after the event is not the way to get people to show either. (and i went to two races!)
Bickle racing has had CSBK T-shirts the last few years at every event. For Grand Bend it was their first CSBK event. Maybe talk to the track owners about bringing in some food trucks for this year's event.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Been going to CSBK at Mosport for about 4 years....love it. We usually stay for 2 nights on the bikes. Did Shannonville last year and it was so so compared to Mosport. Anyone been to St. Eustache to watch?

Been going to CSBK at Mosport for about 4 years....love it. We usually stay for 2 nights on the bikes. Did Shannonville last year and it was so so compared to Mosport. Anyone been to St. Eustache to watch?

StE is a bit of a strange track. There is a big section of grand stands in the oval area but it’s hard to see much of the rest of the track.

The paddock is tiny. Easy to see everything quickly. Last year fan turnout was really low, which I found surprising due to its close proximity to Montreal.

I love motorcycles. I love riding and repairing my own bike.
But I have no interest in watching someone else riding their bike.
Call me selfish or self-centred but that's the way I feel.

I love motorcycles. I love riding and repairing my own bike.
But I have no interest in watching someone else riding their bike.
Call me selfish or self-centred but that's the way I feel.

I understand that.

For me it was getting to know specific racers. I was then connected to them and their challenges, successes and failures.

We will try and better this aspect in the near future.

Hopefully this is the aspect for you or some others.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom