Motorcycle Racing in Ontario | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Racing in Ontario

I love motorcycles. I love riding and repairing my own bike.
But I have no interest in watching someone else riding their bike.
Call me selfish or self-centred but that's the way I feel.
I respect your opinion.....but stand at corner 2 at Mosport during a superbike race and tell me if the hair on your arms doesn't stand when they come by.....especially the opening laps.

ohhhh boy. Especially race starts!!! 20-30 bikes going in to turn 1 and 2 is amazing. At any track, not just Mosport.

I love motorcycles. I love riding and repairing my own bike.
But I have no interest in watching someone else riding their bike.
Call me selfish or self-centred but that's the way I feel.

Out of curiosity, do you watch or play any non-motorsport sports? Or other motor sports?

Bump from the dead.

What organization is RACE? Useless bloody acrynym to use when trying to Google a motorcycle racing organization...

Do they no longer exist since Shannonville was sold?

So far for regional motorcycle racing in Ontario the only two I've found are:
-VRRA
-SOAR

Who else is there?

RACE still exists, but they're now known as the Super Series, still running at Shannonville.

Of course, there is also CSBK, but not really regional.

RACE still exists, but they're now known as the Super Series, still running at Shannonville.

Of course, there is also CSBK, but not really regional.

Thank you, seems the series changed names when ownership changed. Skimmed an article about that somewhere just a minute ago.

Glad to hear motorcycle racing is still going at Shannonville. Off to read the rulebook...

And yeah, I don't consider CSBK regional, even though it sort of is. It aint no "regional racing" from a budget perspective. :)

Last edited:
I’ve only been to a track in Alabama, and it was to watch flat track racing and also to watch some races at Barber. I really liked it but just never thought about spectating in Ontario.
I would like to go to Calabogie or Shanny to watch and make a weekend out of it and get some riding in too.
It would also be pretty neat to volunteer at the course for something and see a bit more of it up close.
I’m sure I’d enjoy watching dirt races and trials riding up close, but always forget to look into it further.

Shane, my next event is 29-30 Aug at Grand Bend. Not an exciting ride to get to the track, but it is what it is. Starting with this past round, Grand Bend Motorplex has been allowing 100 spectators in (hard cap) on the interpretation that is an "outdoor gathering/event".

Shannonville "Super Series" has two more scheduled events, 22-23 Aug and 19-20 Sep but I'm not doing that series. No one knows what CSBK is going to do, except that it isn't what they originally had planned to do, and probably will be without spectators.

Shane, my next event is 29-30 Aug at Grand Bend. Not an exciting ride to get to the track, but it is what it is. Starting with this past round, Grand Bend Motorplex has been allowing 100 spectators in (hard cap) on the interpretation that is an "outdoor gathering/event".

Shannonville "Super Series" has two more scheduled events, 22-23 Aug and 19-20 Sep but I'm not doing that series. No one knows what CSBK is going to do, except that it isn't what they originally had planned to do, and probably will be without spectators.
Thanks Brian.
I hope to be back from B.C. on September 20, so if there are events in late September or October, I would be interested.

Optimism is high that CMA trials competition events will proceed as scheduled for the rest of the season ?
with reasonable precautions observed.

Where do these typically take place?
The ones I am watching for are Sparrow Lake, Kearney, and Arden for sure, ? Arden would be me, do you want to help build it?
there is usually one on the Bruce Peninsula late in the year at Clive's, but that is a long full day drive each way for myself :|

Went to the WC round in Tweed years ago. Learned lots of new swear words in several languages that day.

The SOCT has had a few trials this year,but none with spectators. Schedule

Went to the WC round in Tweed years ago. Learned lots of new swear words in several languages that day.
you must have been watching Berlatier ? he makes them up on the fly, no worries he is usually swearing at himself.

There are always a number of friends and family watching the rider funded events, lol. I have checked them out and find them pretty weak for the spectator. Seems like it used to be fun.

flat track friday night in paris?

Shanny and mosport are my fav for spectating at csbk...
Flat tracking in Paris is done.
We go to Mosport for CSBK. Went to Grand Bend Festival of Speed last year to watch some VRRA and play monkey on P3 sidecar.

Back
Top Bottom