Tire Pressure Gauge | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Pressure Gauge

Does everyone have an air pump too or do you guys pump at a gas station ? It's very hard to use that on a motorcycle.

Any recommendations on affordable air pumps ?

Last edited:
A bicycle pump works fine for maintaining air pressure in MC tires.

5024690-NOC02.jpg

A proper TPMS gives you easy peace of mind and they are accurate.

I use this

71C6EVN07yL._SX355_.jpg

About $170 US and has been on 4 different bikes now.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System/dp/B00G9ATWPY

I agree a decent bicycle pump works well but the gauges are often off. I had the same issue with the Burgman 650 - stem too close to the rotors and got the TPMS shown a few years ago. Been very reliable.

Last edited:
A bicycle pump works fine for maintaining air pressure in MC tires.

5024690-NOC02.jpg
That's what I use, simple, requires no power and has never broke down on me lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I am looking for the this type of end fitting for one of my gauges and for the life of me I can not find a local store that has them..

If anyone knows of a store in the GTA that carries such a fitting, please let me know

Thanks!

Attachments

• 45 deg extended air chuck (1).JPG
    45 deg extended air chuck (1).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 30
OP, Make sure you're not confusing accuracy with precision. I've had several including one like yours that gave consistent readings, but between different gauges, they were different. I never did figure out which one was correct (accurate) but they were all consistent (precise). In my previous life I had to test air systems and we had a tool for calibrating the gauges we used to ensure compliance. I wish I had access to that now.

OP, Make sure you're not confusing accuracy with precision. I've had several including one like yours that gave consistent readings, but between different gauges, they were different. I never did figure out which one was correct (accurate) but they were all consistent (precise). In my previous life I had to test air systems and we had a tool for calibrating the gauges we used to ensure compliance. I wish I had access to that now.

Most modern cars have TPMS dashboard displays that show individual tire pressures, this is one way of telling if the $5 pencil gauge from C.Tire is reading somewhat correctly. As stated previously i had a gauge that when I checked with Pro6/Dunlop's machine it was reading 5psi differently. Now a 5psi difference might not be a big deal to an average street rider who checks his pressures once in a while, but if the OP is checking them every ride then obviously get a good quality gauge, which will cost a few $$ but should last according and provide a solid reading every time.

Most modern cars have TPMS dashboard displays that show individual tire pressures, this is one way of telling if the $5 pencil gauge from C.Tire is reading somewhat correctly. As stated previously i had a gauge that when I checked with Pro6/Dunlop's machine it was reading 5psi differently. Now a 5psi difference might not be a big deal to an average street rider who checks his pressures once in a while, but if the OP is checking them every ride then obviously get a good quality gauge, which will cost a few $$ but should last according and provide a solid reading every time.
Are those built in TPMS actually all that accurate? I'd be surprised if they are.

I guess that article implies they should at least be within 5 PSI accuracy and says most are within 1 PSI. Pretty good.

I am not saying the sensors are perfect, but considering TPMS was made mandatory south of the border that the sensors would be fairly accurate.

Air Fork/shock pump (not a tire pump but works very well as one). Can get one at any bicycle shop but cheaper on Amazon.

I have this one:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-12v-tire-air-compressor-4-minute-0095026p.html#srp
I've never had an issue with it. The end piece is small and horizontal which makes it each to attach to the valve.
Hope this helps

i have this and really works

digitally set desired pressure,
once hooked to tire stem, it gives (just a glimpse) actual tire pressure at that instant,
then continue pumps until reading set.

and the bent valve fits the stem, no leaks

I am not saying the sensors are perfect, but considering TPMS was made mandatory south of the border that the sensors would be fairly accurate.
Yes I stand corrected after doing some reading. They should be fairly accurate.

I didn't realize the tolerances were so low (5 PSI can result in a failure) on tire pressure so I figured they'd probably use something cheap that really only detects if they go way off. Made a bad assumption there.

Air Fork/shock pump (not a tire pump but works very well as one). Can get one at any bicycle shop but cheaper on Amazon.

Really? It takes ~40 strokes of my shock pump to fill a bicycle shock. It would probably take thousands of strokes to fill a tire. Or are you talking about a bicycle tire pump, just the small ones instead of a floor pump?

Back
Top Bottom