Tire Pressure Gauge | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Pressure Gauge

arogal

Hi Guys!
Currently I am using a MotoMaster Digital tire pressure gauge which is very accurate. My issue now is that the rotors on the zx6r are much larger than the R3 making it very difficult to connect it to the stem in the tire. I have used other gauges in the past, but if I took 2-4 readings, it would never give me the same consecutive reading (28, 31, 27, 30 etc) where this tire gauge is always accurate. Do you have any recommendations on accurate tire gauges that will be easier to use? I don't want to keep bending my stems for it to connect (I check pressure before every ride for peace of mind).
Thank you!
PS- this is my current gauge http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-digital-tire-gauge-with-light-5-99-psi-0095579p.html

Tire has to come off to install these things, correct?

Tire has to come off to install these things, correct?
These seem like they'd solve alot of antics! I just got new rubber put on at the beginning of season though :( LOL! I would assume the tires need to come off to put these on yes.

these help.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-90-degree-valve-stems

There are much cheaper ones out there, those were the first that google showed me.

EDIT:

or these

https://www.amazon.ca/Wheel-Masters-802990-Degree-Extender/dp/B0002F668I

Those bent valve stems won't pass tech.
The centrifugal force at speed causes them to leak or pull out.

... and yes they are installed by pulling them through from the inside. You don't have to remove the tire to install them but you have to break the bead.

I have one from the Lee Parks course that's supposed to have a better spring in it and read more consistently and accurately.
I also have what's probably a less accurate one, that has a hose attachment for getting into tight places.
You need to get it into the exact right alignment to get a good reading.

tiregauge2sides__00766.1413939072.1280.1280.jpg

... and yes they are installed by pulling them through from the inside. You don't have to remove the tire to install them but you have to break the bead.

Oh really? I have used them on EVERY track bike i had, and they passed tech at the track. Not sure what tech youre talking about. FWIW, Ive NEVER balanced my wheels either, Ive never noticed even a slight wobble with these installed.

"shrugs"

Weird, I've raced at SOAR and RACE with 90 degree valves and passed tech every time. I just took a quick look at SOAR's rulebook and the only rule regarding tire valves is Metal dust caps.

Last edited:
OP that gauge is pretty ******, buy yourself a better quality unit.

The OP is not a track rider looking for precise pressures for race tire specs.........he just wants to know hes good when he rides.

This has been the only tire gauge I've had that is 100% accurate every time. not that I have 2 rotors in the front and a larger on in the back it is hard to squeeze in there. What do you recommend then?
Probably going to pick this up on my next fortnine order: https://fortnine.ca/en/cruz-tools-tirepro-dial-tire-guage

I had that exact same gauge from fortnine, it read 5psi different than PRO6's unit at the track. If you find that motomaster one read 100% accurate( what are you using to base that against) then keep using it.

Quality gauge you are looking $100 and up.

Pretty sure those angled stem valves came OEM on my Tiger. Very useful!

Edit: unless the previous owner added them maybe.

I had that exact same gauge from fortnine, it read 5psi different than PRO6's unit at the track. If you find that motomaster one read 100% accurate( what are you using to base that against) then keep using it.

Quality gauge you are looking $100 and up.
Ya I definitely don't need a $100 Tire gauge, that's just retarded. I can use my current gauge, but its a PITA to get the valve accurately into the gauge due to the lack of room between the rotors and the valve. 5 PSI is quite a big jump....Thanks for the heads up. I am just not sure if i keep bending the valves that over time it will cause leaks etc.
Thanks

Why are you checking tire pressure before every ride? Seems more than a bit excessive. Are you having issues? I check mine once per month during riding season.

Ya I definitely don't need a $100 Tire gauge, that's just retarded. I can use my current gauge, but its a PITA to get the valve accurately into the gauge due to the lack of room between the rotors and the valve. 5 PSI is quite a big jump....Thanks for the heads up. I am just not sure if i keep bending the valves that over time it will cause leaks etc.
Thanks

Just be careful with those 90 degree valve stems, i remember one bike might have been a newer GSXR where the caliper was making contact with the valve. Check the ZX6 forum and see what brand those guys have been using, what you are doing right now with bending the valve stem is not a good thing.

Last edited:
Why are you checking tire pressure before every ride? Seems more than a bit excessive. Are you having issues? I check mine once per month during riding season.
It might be excessive, but it only takes 30 seconds. 95% of the time they are correct, but I like to always know for peace of mind is all.

Back
Top Bottom