Yamaha Fz6 won't start | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Fz6 won't start

bump starting in first usually doesn't work well
too high a gear ratio causes the rear tire to skid
try second, or third if second doesn't work
key on and no need to touch throttle on a FI bike

make sure you have lots of space in front of you for a bump start
doing it downhill is easier, but make damn sure you stay on :)

I've never had great luck with the waddle unless you have a slope helping you. It's hard to get up enough speed (especially if the bike is already being obstinate about running). I run along the left side of the bike and jump on before I let the clutch out (ideally let the clutch out as you are coming down as that's when the load on the tire is the highest). Remember to pull the clutch in as soon as it starts so you don't accidentally crash into something.

As said above, normally 2nd gear works best for me.

please ignore

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for all the trouble shooting and support. The bike was just too cold when I was trying to start it. As things have warmed up, the bike starts no problem. I am probably going to replace the battery before I do any long distance trips this summer. The battery is 2 years old according to the previous owner. I don't want to over extend its life and get stranded somewhere.

Owner said it was 2 years old probably means 4 or more lol. Replace the battery! You don't know the history of whether he trickle charged it regularly. IF it was ever drained fully that shortens it's life many factors that can make a fairly new battery no good.

Back
Top Bottom