Am I selling my bike super cheap? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Am I selling my bike super cheap?

quite a few people wanted to come tomorrow to buy it, but I’m out of town till the end of march. One guy was even so “interested” that he told me he was going to come steal it while I’m away...

Advertising it for sale at a time when you are not available to deal with the transaction was a big mistake. If someone shows up wanting to buy it, you want to sell it NOW. They'll buy something else if you're not available. (Think of being on the other side of the transaction. Think of being that other buyer. Are you going to wait two weeks before even being able to see the bike? Or are you just going to move on to the next ad?)

Having said that, entry level bikes are easy to sell at this time of year. I've had a deal set up while I still had an engine apart! (It was together and running before the buyer showed up)

Are the people buying serious, or are they going to pay $100,000 and get the difference from you?

My first thought as well. There's so many scammers out there that you need to filter out the real people from the bots and nigerians before even bothering to respond.

Advertising it for sale at a time when you are not available to deal with the transaction was a big mistake.

A big x2. This infuriates me when people list something for sale, I'm a motivated buyer with cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I get a response from the sellers saying "Oh yeah, it's still in storage and I won't even have it back home here for another 2 weeks", or "I'm actually away on business for another 2 weeks so message me back then".

I immediately trash the ad and move on. I refuse to chase ANYONE to sell me something.

A big x2. This infuriates me when people list something for sale, I'm a motivated buyer with cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I get a response from the sellers saying "Oh yeah, it's still in storage and I won't even have it back home here for another 2 weeks", or "I'm actually away on business for another 2 weeks so message me back then".

I immediately trash the ad and move on. I refuse to chase ANYONE to sell me something.

Devils advocate;

You put something up for sale, it sits for 2 weeks with little to no interest. End of the day boss says, pack your bags you`re heading to Houston on business tomorrow. The next day someone says "'ill come get it right now."

Would i take the ad down? No. Would i expect anyone in that situation to? No.

The words in the original post "within 2 hours, I’ve had 8 people messafe me about wanting to buy it for what I have it listed for" suggest that's not the case here, though.

If you can sell a bike for what you paid for it then I'd say you've done well. You basically rode the bike for free if you don't count the insurance and fuel costs.

That's a very good price if I were looking at that specific bike.

I didn't know 2015 model had new headlight look. Looks nice

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just because you have 8 responses, doesn't mean 8 will show up to buy. You'll be lucky if 3 of those 8 are serious buyers. The rest are tire kickers looking for a low-ball deal. The best buyers show up in the first few days. Right now is a good time to sell because lots of people are buying 250-500cc for their spring motorcycle license, first bike and all that. Your bike is priced right.

In short, if you want to actually sell it with hopefully minimal hassle, price it aggressively. Someone legit WILL show up sooner than later and buy it and you'll have to deal with less idiots, window shoppers, and tire kickers.

If you want top dollar and are willing to risk sitting on it past the hottest part of the motorcycle buying and selling season all whilst dealing with a million dolts wasting your time with little to no intention of actually showing up after the fact, price it high and hope and pray.

If you want top dollar and are willing to risk sitting on it past the hottest part of the motorcycle buying and selling season all whilst dealing with a million dolts wasting your time with little to no intention of actually showing up after the fact, price it high and hope and pray.

Also, put these in your ad:

"Just testing the waters..."

"If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it for another season."

Play hard-to-get and keep it cool. Just like chicks, buyers will be knocking down your door.

Guaran-frickin-teed.

Back
Top Bottom