Am I selling my bike super cheap? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Am I selling my bike super cheap?

HonDerpa500r

I’m not trying to advertise my bike ad at all, I just want to get that clear.
This is my first bike and I’m not 100% sure on the value of it.

I’m trying to sell my CBR500R for $4500, and within 2 hours, I’ve had 8 people messafe me about wanting to buy it for what I have it listed for.

I’m just curious, am I undervaluing my bike, or is it just buying season?

Here’s the link with all the specs -
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

(Not sure if that link will work or not)
It’s a 2015 Honda CBR500R with 4900kms on it, clean, never dropped, aftermarket and stock parts for it. I have it listed for $4500, because that’s roughly what I bought it for 6 months ago.

Please let me know if I’ve undervalued my bike.

research other ones and see how your price compares. If you bought it for $4500 and sell it for that, there's nothing to complain about.

I’m not trying to advertise my bike ad at all, I just want to get that clear.
This is my first bike and I’m not 100% sure on the value of it.

I’m trying to sell my CBR500R for $4500, and within 2 hours, I’ve had 8 people messafe me about wanting to buy it for what I have it listed for.

I’m just curious, am I undervaluing my bike, or is it just buying season?

Here’s the link with all the specs -
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

(Not sure if that link will work or not)
It’s a 2015 Honda CBR500R with 4900kms on it, clean, never dropped, aftermarket and stock parts for it. I have it listed for $4500, because that’s roughly what I bought it for 6 months ago.

Please let me know if I’ve undervalued my bike.

Seems like a fair price IMO. I think it may be because most new riders can't afford anything else. And this is a sports bikes which is relatively cheap to insure. All new riders I know or knew wanted a bike with fairings.

Also, looks like people are starting to shop for motorcycles now that April is in sight. I was having a hard time selling my bike 2 weeks ago. But as of this week people were lining up.

For comparison, I found a 2013 model listed for $4200. And this is a dealer ad. They almost always sell it for more than what the bike is worth.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...0r/1291581743?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I probably should have done a bit of searching before posting this. I bought it for less than what I have it listed for, but the previous owner said it’s worth 5 grand, but he had to get rid of it, that’s why I listed it for a little cheaper than that, since I put a few thousand kms on it.

So, just to be clear. $4500 is a fair price for it?

Thanks guys. I probably should have done a bit of searching before posting this. I bought it for less than what I have it listed for, but the previous owner said it’s worth 5 grand, but he had to get rid of it, that’s why I listed it for a little cheaper than that, since I put a few thousand kms on it.

I think it's fair. I would have probably asked for closer to $5k if it were me.

Check out the bikes on autotrader (yours shows up too). I think $4500 is a fair price. Although should've maybe listed it a bit higher, because of kijiji lowballers. They need to feel like they got a good deal by negotiating the price down.

Dealers are selling the same model with similar mileage for 5-5.5k. Private ads are listed between 4 -4.8k. You're priced in the middle. It should sell for 4.5k.

http://www.autotrader.ca/motorcycle...&hprc=False&wcp=False&inMarket=advancedSearch

Damn. I wouldn’t mind an extra 100-200 extra to put towards my next bike, but I also don’t want to screw over the people who said they’ll buy it for what I have it listed for.

Damn. I wouldn’t mind an extra 100-200 extra to put towards my next bike, but I also don’t want to screw over the people who said they’ll buy it for what I have it listed for.

Maybe sell it without certifying, unless you already certified it. I sold mine without safety just today. You'll save $100-$150. Your bike is like new with low mileage, should have no trouble passing safety.

Maybe sell it without certifying, unless you already certified it. I sold mine without safety just today. You'll save $100-$150. Your bike is like new with low mileage, should have no trouble passing safety.
It’s being sold without safety for sure because I know it won’t pass with the aftermarket parts on it. I took the front wheel reflectors off, and I’m sure the integrated turn signals in the tail light don’t help with the safety either.

It’s being sold without safety for sure because I know it won’t pass with the aftermarket parts on it. I took the front wheel reflectors off, and I’m sure the integrated turn signals in the tail light don’t help with the safety either.

I would be very surprised to see a bike not pass because of integrated tail light. Reflectors...hmm..

I would be very surprised to see a bike not pass because of integrated tail light. Reflectors...hmm..

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not because the st. patties day beers are kicking in, but the guy I bought it from said he had to put the reflectors back on for the safety.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not because the st. patties day beers are kicking in, but the guy I bought it from said he had to put the reflectors back on for the safety.

Reflectors i can see, but only cops with an axe to grind seem to give a damn about integrated tails.

You paid $150 to get your bike safetied...?

No, I sold it without safety lol. I said $150 as the upper limit because some shops near where I live quoted me that amount. Because of the weather I wasn't willing to ride anywhere far. Canadian Tire, and a few other places were willing to do it for $100. But that's the cheapest I found. Glad I didn't need to do it.

I watched a youtube video awhile ago, might have been in the states, but the cop
said the signals need to be at least 9” apart.

I saw it too and that's my point, i don't think the shops care at all. Probably a case of signals? check. do they work? check.

If anyone's had a different experience feel free to chime in.

Are the people buying serious, or are they going to pay $100,000 and get the difference from you?

Are the people buying serious, or are they going to pay $100,000 and get the difference from you?

quite a few people wanted to come tomorrow to buy it, but I’m out of town till the end of march. One guy was even so “interested” that he told me he was going to come steal it while I’m away...

quite a few people wanted to come tomorrow to buy it, but I’m out of town till the end of march. One guy was even so “interested” that he told me he was going to come steal it while I’m away...
Probably not a good idea to tell them that you are out of town.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Yeah, I would take that out of the ad....plus you have your postal code in there....just sayin'

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom