Post your cocktails and wines! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

kwtoxman

We have beer threads, scotch threads, etc. Time for a cocktail and wine thread. Post up your cocktails and wines. There's a time and a place for them, and big time enthusiasts across the wide spectrum of cocktails and wines.

Here's the first contribution. Embellished, lol. Just tonight, I actually have for the first time made a truly old-school purist old fashioned cocktail here (according to my research of recipes). In a cocktail glass.... add one sugar cube dashed twice with Angostura bitters and a bit of water, muddled and then two oz rye whisky (or bourbon added). Stir and add a cocktail cherry (in my case Amarena Fabbri Italian wild cherries :agave::agave::agave:).
Fabbri-Amarena.jpg

Plus an orange twist. I never actually knew what an orange twist literally and most accurately was until I looked it up today in making this cocktail :) In this case (picture) it's very fresh mandarin orange rind. It prepped beautifully as defined. So excellent :agave:.

Serve with a big ol' ice cube typical of old school cocktails.
attachment.php

You can see the mandarin orange rind and one of those Italian wild cherries in syrup. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Post your cocktails!

We have beer threads, wine threads, scotch threads, etc., time for a cocktail thread. Post up your cocktails. There's a time and a place for them, and big time enthusiasts within what is a vast collection.

Here's the first contribution. Embellished, lol. Just tonight, I actually have for the first time made a truly old-school purist old fashioned cocktail here, according to the most honest-to-the-enthusiast bartender recipes I find. In a cocktail glass.... add one sugar cube dashed twice with Angostura bitters and a bit of water, muddled and then two oz rye whisky (or bourbon added). Stir and add a cocktail cherry (in my case Amarena Fabbri Italian wild cherries :agave::agave::agave:).

Plus an orange twist. I never actually knew what an orange twist literally and most accurately was until I looked it up today in making this cocktail :) In this case (picture) it's very fresh mandarin orange rind. It prepped beautifully as defined. So excellent :agave:.

Serve with a big old ice cube typical of old school cocktails.

You can see the mandarin orange rind and one of those Italian wild cherries in syrup. :)

Cheers!

Damn that looks good, my go to cocktail. Shame too many bars butcher it.

freshly made mojito
the taste of the islands for me

Attachments

• mojito (Small).jpg
    mojito (Small).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 39

Haven't had one of these since the sixties:
qeKjMA7.jpg

I got the idea from here:
[video=youtube;a3BG2l6o_gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3BG2l6o_gE[/video]

I'll probably settle for a Rusty Nail tomorrow night. Pics to follow.

freshly made mojito
the taste of the islands for me

The only reason I grow mint in my garden.

Fresh margaritas made with freshly squeezed lime juice and grand marnier with a decent tequila too.

Not really what I would call a cocktail but a take on Bananas Foster

2 medium bananas, ripe +
½ cup vanilla yogurt
1 healthy pinch of cinnamon
¾ oz banana liqueur
¾ oz spiced rum
7-8 pecan halves
1 Skor candy bar with chocolate rinsed off (Under hot water works)
Blend the above and then add the ice according to your blender instructions.
If you want a bit more texture put the pecans and Skor bar in for a shorter duration.

Not really what I would call a cocktail but a take on Bananas Foster

2 medium bananas, ripe +
½ cup vanilla yogurt
1 healthy pinch of cinnamon
¾ oz banana liqueur
¾ oz spiced rum
7-8 pecan halves
1 Skor candy bar with chocolate rinsed off (Under hot water works)
Blend the above and then add the ice according to your blender instructions.
If you want a bit more texture put the pecans and Skor bar in for a shorter duration.

covers all major food groups!

Kentucky Lemonade.

scotch old fashioned - gotta use a sweeter single malt tho, like a 15 yo Glenfiddich

Mojito - i also grow mint in the garden just for that reason

Aperol Spritz - ice, 1 part Aperol, 3 parts Prosecco, squeeze in an slice of orange, dash of club soda - great before dinner

If I'm in the mood for a sugary drink (i.e. Not beer) my go to drinks are;

Moscow Mule- preferably with The Great Jamaican Spicy Ginger Beer, 2 oz Vodka, and half a lime

Gin and Juice- My "juice" is lemon San Pellegrino, and I've always used Bombay Sapphire gin.

Gin & Tonic, tall glass no ice. Hendricks gin, fever tree Indian tonic.

if 2/3rds of your drink is mix, use the best mix available, could be more important than the booze grade.

Gin & Tonic, tall glass no ice. Hendricks gin, fever tree Indian tonic.

if 2/3rds of your drink is mix, use the best mix available, could be more important than the booze grade.

sounds good

also can be used to fend off malaria in the tropics
but drinking GT's all day can complicate other things

Post your cocktails!

Anyone tried this Gin and lived to tell about it?

IMG_6766.JPG

Last edited:

I had an Irish beer earlier, now for another aspect of my heritage.
kXDEo2Fh.jpg

You're Canadian?

ust on my parents' side, as were their parents, and their parents and their parents. But I heard that there's English, Irish, Scottish, and a wee bit of Italian somewhere way back.

Although, I did think of using the single malt, but gave it a pass. Came out very smooth. aka a Donald Sutherland.

For the purists:
YWESFNRh.jpg

I think my wife was having a wine spritzer here. Possibly one of those little italian bottles of sweet stuff that you add to wine...

2GCCNHx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom