Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Re: Post your cocktails!

gin and tonic right now, keeping my quinine up since it feels like a rainforest in my backyard.
I found some Fever Tree Tonic Water and I'm excited to try it. It wasn't cheap :(. I haven't got around to using any yet, but I have been enjoying gin through the Negroni. I'm still enjoying bitters/aperitivo/digestif cocktails. :agave:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Local grocery here has fever tree tonic, as they say if 2/3rds of your drink is mix, why use cheap mix?

Guy at my club supplies his own ginger beer to make 'dark and stormy' which is his drink. Drives me bonkers watching people order a premium rye/rum/vodka and then the bar tender filling the glass with fountain pop.

Quinine has an interesting property when you shine a black light on it. G+T was always a favourite drink in the clubs for this reason.

Glows bright blue, makes me feel dead sexy........... my clubbing days are well behind me

Hope you're enjoying the weekend. :)

How about a glorious Mojito? I thank those who mentioned it here. It made me make the effort to do one at home. Here's the result. Very fresh and great! :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Arugula sangria, who'd have thought :confused:. Will try to have it some time.

Here's a foodie article about fascinating cochineal extract; it's found in many foods and in this case drinks. Think red.
https://www.thestar.com/life/food_w...d-bugs-in-your-negroni-heres-how-to-tell.html

Along that theme (Campari used to have cochineal extract), I enjoyed a Campari on the rocks recently. Strong, complex, sweet, bitter. Excellent :).
rocks-main.jpg

More info here. https://www.campari.com/our-cocktails#campari-on-the-rocks

Last edited:

Kentucky Lemonade.

43949573572_17e6a91f97_b.jpg

I got lazy and downed a few too many pre mixed Mott's Ceasers last night.

I usually make my own. Imho I don't notice a difference whether I use cheap or expensive vodka.
But after trying some of the other companies' mix, I will stick to Mott's.
And if you use Frank's Red Hot instead of Tabasco, then we can't ever speak.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I got lazy and downed a few too many pre mixed Mott's Ceasers last night.

I usually make my own. Imho I don't notice a difference whether I use cheap or expensive vodka.
But after trying some of the other companies' mix, I will stick to Mott's.
And if you use Frank's Red Hot instead of Tabasco, then we can't ever speak.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I totally agree Joe with needing Motts and real Tobasco., I think the vodka still affect the end taste ...but I will take cheap Vodka and genuine Motts every time.

I love a good caesar cocktail but tend to only have them once in a while when I'm out.

Here's a Campari and soda cocktail. I had no idea this is a classic and still very very popular in Europe. Campari sells this cocktail in Italy premixed in stores as "Campari Soda" :D. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campari_Soda
Definitely highly recommended :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Hope you're enjoying the weekend. :)

How about a glorious Mojito? I thank those who mentioned it here. It made me make the effort to do one at home. Here's the result. Very fresh and great! :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

salad in a glass!
yum

Just having one of the best margaritas I’ve ever had. It’s straight from the Vitamix cookbook with no changes. Half a peeled orange (actually one change, I used a minneola), lime and lemon, 90ml of tequila (I used Jose Cuervo reposado), 30 ml Grand Marnier 1/8 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 cups of ice. Used the smoothie program on then blender which completely pulverized the fruit into a purée and eventually gives a nice frozen blended drink. Tastes amazing, not too sweet, not too sour. This makes two large maragaritas. Salt or sugar on the rims of the glasses to garnish as you like. Really loving this blender now. This morning I made a virgin pina colada breakfast smoothie with banana, fresh pineapple, coconut milk, milk, some oats and a handful of chia seeds. Totally delicious.

That's a different recipe. Thx for sharing. I much prefer El Jimador tequila over Jose Cuervo. If I want to spend a little more I go with 1800, here's the reposado http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/1800-reposado-tequila/398479#.W5QisehKjb1 ; aged in American and French oak barrels. Don Julio is great if you don't mind the price. And there's plenty of even more premium offerings. Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia is their best product but I still go with other brands. I tend to usually use blanco tequila for my margaritas but lots enjoy them with reposado tequilas. I have a bunch of tequila with most of it being anejo.

Here's a link some may enjoy. An LCBO guide on aperitivo cocktails
http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/pages/spirits/aperitivo-cocktails.html#.W5QkEOhKjb0

cq5dam.thumbnail.340.450.png

Cheers!

Last edited:

If I’m spending a lot of money on a tequila it’s being drunk like a brandy. The reposado I used was dirt cheap at a duty free store in Panama otherwise I would normally use a less expensive white tequila for mixed drinks. I can’t tell too much difference between white and reposado tequila in a mixed drink. It’s different with rum though, white rum and aged dark rum taste totally different to me in a mixed drink. I prefer aged darker rum every time. Spiced rum is quite nice too occasionally.

I have good reposados and all anejos neat myself as well. JC tequila makes sense at duty free. There are some interesting looking cocktails that use reposado tequila where its taste can shine but the margarita is not one of them; I far prefer margaritas with a quality blanco tequila. I agree not much of a difference in taste and in my experience if anything it tastes less good (oak flavours in a margarita is not for me). I agree on rum as well. A mojito with white rum is the way to go for me. I have spiced rum over the winter holidays with egg nog :).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom