Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Re: Post your cocktails!

Was it at an all inclusive? The ones I went to often had their own names for various cocktails...some of which were explicit.

No. Could very well have been the bartenders own creation. Met a few bartenders down there that had their own recipes for drinks they hadn't named.

Hand made cocktails are part science / part art/ all presentation. In a really good bar you'll find mixologists making there own syrups and herbal ingredients simply because some of what is required just doesn't exist anymore commercially.
Its hard to beat the fresh taste of a just pressed sour, I'm not much on stupid sweet drinks, resort style red drink, blue drink, green drink. I'm happy to see the resurgence.

Has anyone heard of a drink called a "Bye Bye"? I had one of these in Costa Rica recently and as I recall it was blue on colour and had 3 types of rum in it. No mint or fruit. Just curious.
Not here. My tropical rum cocktails are typically Mai Tai and the Zombie. The Zombie needs a bar with a good stock and has 151 in it.

I did see there is a Blue Hawaiian cocktail out there that looks similar in some ways.

The nice weather is supposedly coming. That brings a whole new batch of cocktails. Post up any current mentionables.

I have another new-to-me cocktail! It has a huge and long history in Europe but is not well known in North America. This is part of my bitters deep dive and it uses an Italian apéritif.

You can use a wine or cocktail glass. It's simple and light using 11% alcohol content before adding the non-liquor ingredients. Super refreshing. Amazing hot weather drink. Aperol spritz. Some of the earlier links about bitters mention the Aperol spritz as well, for those interested.

Aperol spritz :agave:
3 parts Prosecco
2 parts Aperol
1 part soda water
Mix and serve over large ice cubes with an orange wedge

Here's a youtube video on this cocktail.

Here's a great picture of one I made on a nice hot day. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:

You been rolling with the guiness lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With good weather coming hope to see some posts from the forum.

Time to add another cocktail to the thread for the hot weather. Here's my no compromise magarita. Margarita was mentioned early on in this thread and it's time to come back to it. I settled on this margarita version after years of various recipes and a visit to a great TO restaurant/bar.

Margarita recipe
3 oz of quality blanco tequila
3/4 oz Cointreau
0.5 oz agave nectar
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice.
Use a shaker with ice and pour into a coarse sea salt rimmed margarita glass. I like to add a few of those ice cubes as well.

I used 1800 Silver tequila here, though El Jimador Blanco is excellent as well for the price. Most margaritas are made too sweet and I highly recommend trying a less sweet version like this. If I want it a touch sweeter I bump up the agave nectar to 2/3 oz. For people that like sweeter margaritas bump up the Cointreau and agave nectar to one ounce each. At around 4 oz of liquor this drink is powerful, yet beautifully balanced with lots of complexity and depth. Half the amounts for a smaller drink. This is a similar recipe here, The Only Margarita Recipe You Need

Premium margarita with agave nectar. Once you try this you'll never go back.
attachment.php

The agave nectar helps give a premium margarita its distinctive muddy yellow look. It's quite identifiable.

Here's a video that is similar to my recipe. With over a million views, people wanna know. Enjoy!

Cheers!

Last edited:

I don’t add extra sugar to a margarita, I like the tart lime and salt combo. I use Grand Marnier too for that little extra something and that’s plenty sweet enough. Also a reposado or anejo tequila adds a little kick. There’s some interesting recipes using egg whites in the mix to add a stiff foam on the top of a margarita too. I like mine with as few ingredients as possible though. I really like margaritas, brought a litre of good tequila back from duty free recently just for these.

Didn’t bother looking it up but I went to have a mimosa recently for breakfast...only problem....didn’t want to open a bottle of champagne, didn’t have prosecco so used Cremant instead (more about that later), and then found out I didn’t have any orange juice. So I used pomegranate juice instead....the thing was delicious.

Cremant is made exactly the same way as champagne but because it doesn’t come from the region it can’t be called champagne and it’s much less expensive too. Some of it is really very good and the best is the same as champagne. Limoges and Alsace are my favourites but there's many different types within each region. Highly reccomend trying different ones to see which ones you like.

There are a ton of ways to do a margarita and it's great to hear what others do :). I mentioned recipe modifications which people can tailor to suite their tastes and all those videos have some differences in preparation as well. I go with cointreau instead of grand marnier because it's less sweet. Both ways are worth trying. One of the videos above forgoes any of that liquer.

A sparkling wine can be a good champagne substitute. I have some prosecco waiting for some aperol spritz cocktails.

Cheers!

Not much talk about martini's yet. Anybody enjoy martini's? Gin or Vodka? Any good recipes or suggestions?

I should add this to the thread. A while back, I was able to get some blood oranges and enjoyed them. Very different from normal oranges. I also used one to make a blood orange martini. Gin/vodka (in this case gin), fresh squeezed blood orange juice, cointreau, west indian orange bitters, and fresh squeezed lime juice. A google search shows various recipes. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:

All is quiet on the cocktail front....

Well, I found a great new cocktail. Getting back to my bitters I heard about this one on a bottle Campari :toothy7:.

Campari Orange
1 Oz Campari
3 Oz Orange juice
Double it for a tall version.

Great drink. Definitely try it. Low alcohol too for a nice change; the 8 oz version is similar to half a beer.

Here's a high res picture. It even looks great.
orange-main.jpg

It's also called a Garibaldi.
20k views on youtube for this cocktail, and it's not even in English. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Not much talk about martini's yet. Anybody enjoy martini's? Gin or Vodka? Any good recipes or suggestions?

I should add this to the thread. A while back, I was able to get some blood oranges and enjoyed them. Very different from normal oranges. I also used one to make a blood orange martini. Gin/vodka (in this case gin), fresh squeezed blood orange juice, cointreau, west indian orange bitters, and fresh squeezed lime juice. A google search shows various recipes. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Bombay Sapphire Gin
Martini and Rossi Blanco
shaken with shaved ice
garnished with 3 olives
traditionalist :)

Just back from Peru , where the Pisco Sour is the national drink

2 1/2 oz Pisco, ( its a sort of brandy, clear, made from distilled grapes, usually about 45% ABV)
bitters (they have a local thing, tastes like Angostura)
egg white
1/2 oz simple syrup
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice

its a fairly potent drink that sneaks up on you

shake the whole thing up in a cocktail shaker

Back
Top Bottom