Broker for TDMM? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Broker for TDMM?

HonDerpa500r

I just got off the phone with TDMM for an insurance quote and they said they need to mail me an application that I have to fill out then send back to them which takes 4-6 weeks.
The other option was for me to call a broker who's affiliated with them, and get them to give me a quote which would much faster.

Does anyone know of a broker who deals with TD for motorcycle insurance?

wtf? i called in, got the quote and later signed up with them...i dont see why the whole thing needs another 3rd party. THe only thing i had to do is sign up through my wife (we have house insurance with them) as she's a york alumni to get THAT deal... otherwise that stuff's under my name.

I vaguely remember once getting that answer from TDMM. Which was weird, because I hadn't been told I needed a form either before or after that. I don't think I bothered with it

You have time to post on GTAM but not do a simple Google search?
A google search that comes up with hundreds of thousands/millions of results versus someone who can quickly respond with the name of a broker that actually represents TDMM. Yes, you’re correct. I don’t have time right now to do all that searching.

When I called TD, I had a policy after a short conversation on the phone, they even emailed me and my dealer a copy of my slip within an hour.

When I called TD, I had a policy after a short conversation on the phone, they even emailed me and my dealer a copy of my slip within an hour.

Have you had insurance with them before, or no?
I got sent to some sort of general insurance thing since I hadn't been insured with them before.

Called back and told them I'm looking for a dollar figure over the phone instead of having to fill out an application that's being mailed to me. They said no problem, transfered me, told her the story about not wanting to wait for a number. She said there's nothing else she can do, cause it would be the same result.

Guess I'll call around.

Last edited:
Have you had insurance with them before, or no?
I got sent to some sort of general insurance thing since I hadn't been insured with them before.

Called back and told them I'm looking for a dollar figure over the phone instead of having to fill out an application that's being mailed to me. They said no problem, transfered me, told her the story about not wanting to wait for a number. She said there's nothing else she can do, cause it would be the same result.

Guess I'll call around.
It is the type of bike you're trying to insure. They punch in all the info and all the system sees is "ss"! Suddenly you need to fill out a form and wait 6 weeks lol.
I just call and have insurance hooked up same day, because my bikes aren't supersports.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It is the type of bike you're trying to insure. They punch in all the info and all the system sees is "ss"! Suddenly you need to fill out a form and wait 6 weeks lol.
I just call and have insurance hooked up same day, because my bikes aren't supersports.

I was able to get quotes on all kinds of liter SSs with TD MM's online quote estimator as well as over the phone. Didn't have to fill any forms.

Maybe OP is a newly licensed rider and that somehow makes a difference now ?

I was able to get quotes on all kinds of liter SSs with TD MM's online quote estimator as well as over the phone. Didn't have to fill any forms.

Maybe OP is a newly licensed rider and that somehow makes a difference now ?

Good chance that it's because I'm a new rider and I have a minor conviction (speeding ticket) on my record within the past 3 years

Type of bike has nothing to do with it. I've gotten several quotes from TD and TD MM; instantly online and over the phone for SS with no issues other than that the actual company operates from a call center.

I'm guessing OP, given what he has displayed in this thread so far either doesn't know what he's asking for, or isn't providing the whole story. It isn't this hard.

OP: As an aside I'd stay away from TD all together; I've got a separate thread about my experience with them (having been insured last season with them).

Type of bike has nothing to do with it. I've gotten several quotes from TD and TD MM; instantly online and over the phone for SS with no issues other than that the actual company operates from a call center.

I'm guessing OP, given what he has displayed in this thread so far either doesn't know what he's asking for, or isn't providing the whole story. It isn't this hard.

OP: As an aside I'd stay away from TD all together; I've got a separate thread about my experience with them (having been insured last season with them).

+1 on staying away from TD, unless you have no other choice. The guy who bought my old bike worked for TD insurance, and even he said the same thing lol.

Glad I dumped them!

So TD MM must've changed because i got everything done over the phone. And have just had to renew since.

Rates went down substantially last year to go up slightly after my 2 tickets this year.

I guess not new customer friendly anymore :S

So TD MM must've changed because i got everything done over the phone. And have just had to renew since.

Rates went down substantially last year to go up slightly after my 2 tickets this year.

I guess not new customer friendly anymore :S

More like not new *rider* friendly.

This is nothing new..

I was with them in the past, left for a year and tried to get a quote again and they wanted you to jump through the hoops with a physical insurance application ad what not to verify rates... This orignialy came into effect when they introduced new tools to give rates, and quotes were sporadic at best and inflated.

Keep in mind TD and TDMM are different, and one made me do a physical app, and the other gave me a number over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom