Care to share some info about your motorcycle purchase habits for academic purposes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Care to share some info about your motorcycle purchase habits for academic purposes?

studentlearner

Hey everyone. Currently completing a survey to help understand motorcycle purchase behaviour for academic purposes. This is a survey developed by Ryerson students for a marketing course to help envision an actionable marketing plan for a local motorcycle shop.

Your input would be greatly appreciated if you're willing to spend a minute or two to go through the survey:

If this is out of place, feel free to remove it Admins.

Thanks.

Update: Hello everyone. Firstly, want to say your honest inputs and opinions were revised, and we as a group have decided to close the survey for the time being and rework it. As Brian P has pointed out, we are indeed students lacking knowledge about motorcycle ridership. As Riceburner has pointed out some of the questions and options limited the scope of possible answers, also brought up by DemonPig.

Regarding the results, we would be glad to share them once we can block out some personally related info.

Once again thanks for those that provided input either on the survey or here.

-K

Last edited:
Some of your questions don't encompass all the possibilities. For example you limit the max at some items as annually. Some things you do less than once a year. Your job categories aren't wide enough.

Last edited:
The parts page, in particular, is absurd. I don't necessarily buy the same parts at regular and predictable intervals. Sometimes it's an oil filter ... sometimes it's $1000 or more to fix a major problem. The latter, in particular, doesn't occur at regular and predictable intervals. I answered "not applicable" to the first. I answered randomly to the second because the question doesn't make any sense.

If you are really meaning to ask "How much do you spend annually on motorcycle parts" without regard to how frequently, that would be an easier question to answer ... and it means I would be able to put a number to it instead of being forced to provide a meaningless reply in order to continue.

I gave up after that, established that the pages following it were "standard survey fluff" probably written by someone with no knowledge of the subject matter, and did not submit a response.

don't think it's out of place

first question will get some GTAM discussion going

male, female
or other, explain__________________

one of our Conservative members has decided today to be fluid
but she still supports gun rights and hates Wynne

not sure too may others buy bikes
but I understand it is Ryerson

Some are decent. I would still like to see the results of the poll. I enjoy statistics.

I didn't like those 3 questions with pics and social media.
How would I react to a shop posting a picture of a bike with a rusty on chain on Twitter??? What is the point of this? Are they posting it because they suck at what they do? Are they selling old parts/bikes? Are they suggesting they will fix it?
And why would the reaction be any different if it was posted on Facebook or Instagram?

Age groups are very tight and income groups too spread apart. Majority of people fall somewhere in between 40-80K. If you want to see a true breakdown, do 10K increments. When you go north of 100K it doesn't really matter whether it's 110K or 130K - you can definitely afford a fancy Italian bike either way.

If OP wants to break up Toronto into the old municipalities then he forgot York. And why include Markham but not Mississauga or Brampton (which are much large population wise) for example?

Last edited:
Did your survey but I think it could use a re-write, some simplication, and possibly split into two smaller surveys. And you can't get some of the answers you want with the questions you're asking - you can't ask a consumer directly about their supplier price sensitivity on a 1 to 5 scale! (Keep this in mind if you do revise it - motorcyclists are some of the thriftiest ****ers on the planet, or at least Canadian ones are - mostly because the **** is so expensive on this part of the planet)

Back
Top Bottom