How is a gender neutral person quoted insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How is a gender neutral person quoted insurance?

Has that newly minted guy from the right wing organization, gotten rolled over for insurance yet?

nope, cause that is how you identify...not what physical parts you have. If ins. co.s want to screw us as men, then being X is valid. Be gender fluid....male when you are attracted to a female, X when you are driving, female when....

had this conversation with my kids while watching a Shameless episode
if you're never seen it there is a female to male trans character
that is sexually attracted to males

I had to pause the show and ask them WTF this is all about
why would someone born with female bits, and is attracted to men
need to transition to anything?

they looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs
Dad, he identifies as male
but is also gay so is attracted to men

okay

nope, cause that is how you identify...not what physical parts you have. If ins. co.s want to screw us as men, then being X is valid. Be gender fluid....male when you are attracted to a female, X when you are driving, female when....
Right, it's not related with your physical parts. I never said it is. Neither is it fluid. You are one gender, only one, and it never changes except if you were incorrectly gendered from birth based on physical parts.

Right, it's not related with your physical parts. I never said it is. Neither is it fluid. You are one gender, only one, and it never changes except if you were incorrectly gendered from birth based on physical parts.

then what is gender fluid???? :confused:

then what is gender fluid???? :confused:
...my kid described it like this to me: (very similar to an earlier post...yours maybe?) sometimes they identify as male, sometimes as female.
Hell he went on about asexual, pansexual.....I had to stop and have something to eat to relax me.
For the longest time I was buy-sexual....I had to buy all my sex.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Why not go all the way and identify as a female lesbian.

Anyone objects, walk them down to Human Resources or the H.R.C.

If you keep your beard and mustache, you might even qualify as a visible minority.

Or maybe the implementation is simply stupid, and there should be some guidelines and counseling etc. around it.
How about Visible minority lesbian female??

Where's my special privileges?

So the insurance industry is now "inclusive" but still gets away with gender discrimination against males. Gotchya.

Certain people now make a distinction between sex and gender.

Your sex is entirely determined at birth; it's a biological trait that can't be changed (even if you get a vagina installed, what you really have is a mutilated penis, but that's a discussion for another day).

Your gender is a social construct or a personal interpretation of your sexual identity that is independent of your biological sex... I'm sure there's a more accurate definition that the gender studies ppl can give you.

If you separate the two concepts, you can simultaneously have a penis (the male sex) and still be a woman (gender). A part of this debate is biology (sex) while the other is sociology (gender). Those in politics have deliberately confused the two to make a political point, for one reason or another.

That said, insurance people are actuaries. I'd solve this problem by asking for people's physical characteristics in addition to their driving history until I'd build up a database of women with penises... guaranteed they won't see sub $3k insurance on an SS until they're over 30.

My guess is that insurance companies will soon drop gender and sex from pricing. In some places they are already dropping age discrimination.

It still amazes me that insurance companies are allowed to have discriminatory pricing where they see fit. Imagine if they asked for race?

I also wonder why they are allowed to keep age and sex data secret.

Certain people now make a distinction between sex and gender.

Your sex is entirely determined at birth; it's a biological trait that can't be changed (even if you get a vagina installed, what you really have is a mutilated penis, but that's a discussion for another day).

Your gender is a social construct or a personal interpretation of your sexual identity that is independent of your biological sex... I'm sure there's a more accurate definition that the gender studies ppl can give you.

If you separate the two concepts, you can simultaneously have a penis (the male sex) and still be a woman (gender). A part of this debate is biology (sex) while the other is sociology (gender). Those in politics have deliberately confused the two to make a political point, for one reason or another.

That said, insurance people are actuaries. I'd solve this problem by asking for people's physical characteristics in addition to their driving history until I'd build up a database of women with penises... guaranteed they won't see sub $3k insurance on an SS until they're over 30.

pretty good
only thing to add is orientation

sex is plumbing - and DNA

gender is how you indentify

orientation is what turns your crank

all 3 are independent of each other

former is fixed at conception

latter two can can be fluid

pretty good
only thing to add is orientation

sex is plumbing - and DNA

gender is how you indentify

orientation is what turns your crank

all 3 are independent of each other

former is fixed at conception

latter two can can be fluid
Almost.
(Genetic) Sex is determined at birth, it cannot be changed, it can be reassigned. For humans this is M or F

Gender is the set of rules/customs/behaviors that are linked to a sex, you are always the same gender as your sex.

Gender Identity is how you identify yourself. If you identify (behave, follow customs and norms) with a gender that is different from your sex, you are considered Transgender.

(Sexual) Orientation is the sex that you are attracted to. If it is the same as your gender (and your sex) you are homosexual, if both bi-sexual, if opposite heterosexual.

For social purposes the definitions of gender and sex is blurred, the terms are used interchangeably.

Some people are born physically androgynous. Just like some are born with an in-between gender identity (aka non-binary) and some are born bisexual. There's an in-between status for all these factors. Though the first two are extremely rare, while the last one is only a little bit rare. I'm figure the genetic math behind it all will one day explain the different prevalence of all the sex/gender manifestations we know about.

Back
Top Bottom