My Recent Quotes | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Recent Quotes

Alvito

Hi,

I hope someone can find this info useful. And I feel like bragging...

My Personal Info
  • Male
  • Single
  • 31 (as of tomorrow)
  • 3 years previous motorcycle insurance
  • 2 not at fault accidents in cars
  • No Tickets
  • No insurance cancellations for any reason
  • M1 in 2010, M2 in 2010, M in 2015
  • Took rider training course for M1 Exit
  • Have 1 car with TD Meloche Monnex, and a classic car with Hagerty

Quotes - 2 Million Liability only
  • TD Insurance - $956
  • Dalton Timmins - $908
  • Surnet (Paul) - $1291 (Aviva)
  • OTIP - $1734
  • Jevco - $1194

• COSECO - $526

Going to settle with Coseco. Can't believe I'll only be paying $43/month for motocycle insurance! Pinch me, I feel like I'm dreaming!!!!

I just called coseco, they do not insure ss or sport bikes - lol.

I am curious, what bike did you just insure? I see you have a 04 fz6 which I was just told is blacklisted

I'm with Coseco....but it's a grandfathered policy with everything else bundled, my bike is no longer accepted by them for new policies.

Is OP's a quote or the actual from a rep? Standalone?

Ya but what part of the city or GTA are you in?
Seems to make a difference.

FZ6 is economical to insure
but that does seem very low

like you guys said
a quote is one thing

once the underwriter issues a policy
could be quite another

I am curious, what bike did you just insure? I see you have a 04 fz6 which I was just told is blacklisted

Yes, the CSR told me that the bike is blacklisted, but because of my driving record and personal circumstances the underwriter just needs to make an exception. He told me that they are more likely to give it to me if I'm open to the idea of switching my cars and home to them upon renewal. If they can give me 50% off like the motorcycle, I'll definitely switch over to them.

Nice, but wait for the contract :)

Contract should be coming through today. They needed 48 hours to get permission from the underwriter.

I'm with Coseco....but it's a grandfathered policy with everything else bundled, my bike is no longer accepted by them for new policies.

Is OP's a quote or the actual from a rep? Standalone?

I called the general COSECO phone number, punched in some numbers and waited for a rep.

Ya but what part of the city or GTA are you in?
Seems to make a difference.

Scarborough. I think its all the same isn't it?

FZ6 is economical to insure
but that does seem very low

like you guys said
a quote is one thing

once the underwriter issues a policy
could be quite another

Yeah. The rep I spoke to sounded very confident that they would offer me a policy. I'll update the thread once I have the policy in hand.

Surprised they would make an exception to a blacklisted bike(basically anything not a cruiser it seems). They didn't for a couple of different sporty bikes and I'm already with them. The other question is what is the bike, car and house combined cost going to be when moved over?

So, it's been a week. What's the word?

Ok so I'm in a similar boat as the OP only I'm a new rider. Called Coseco and got a quote for $643.00 liability only. Seems almost too good to be true.

My Personal Info

• Male
  • Married
  • No previous motorcycle insurance
  • Just got my M2 with rider training course for M1 exit
  • No Tickets
  • Have car and home insurance with a different company
  • Bike: 2016 Vulcan S ABS - Purchase price of $7000.00

They didn't ask if I was commuting for work or pleasure and they didn't ask how many kms I'd be commuting a year which I found strange. Will update you guys when I get a verified quote in hand.

Ok so I'm in a similar boat as the OP only I'm a new rider. Called Coseco and got a quote for $643.00 liability only. Seems almost too good to be true.

My Personal Info

• Male
  • Married
  • No previous motorcycle insurance
  • Just got my M2 with rider training course for M1 exit
  • No Tickets
  • Have car and home insurance with a different company
  • Bike: 2016 Vulcan S ABS - Purchase price of $7000.00

They didn't ask if I was commuting for work or pleasure and they didn't ask how many kms I'd be commuting a year which I found strange. Will update you guys when I get a verified quote in hand.
I think it's somewhat believable. I got my M when I was 27, single, with no prior motorcycle insurance history. I was able to get a 650cc naked bike with full coverage @1400 a year.

Your age of 30+, being married, and choice of bike are keeping your premiums in check.

I've never heard of the FZ6 being blacklisted anywhere, is this a recent thing???

I've never heard of the FZ6 being blacklisted anywhere, is this a recent thing???

Before I got my VFR I was looking at getting a FZ6. I tried to get a quote from my car and my house insurance providers “The Co-Operators “ and to my surprise both the FZ6 and VFR were blacklisted.

Ended up getting a stand-alone policy from Desjardins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
just recieved my papers from coseco.
My Personal Info

• Male
  • Married
  • motorcycle insurance since 2014
  • full M
  • No Tickets
  • Bike: 2013-848 evo.

was with Allstate was paying $1400/ year for the bike. renewal came and it went up $1800/year. reasoning because you have more drivers in your area. what a bunch of BS.
called coseco , now i am paying $700/ year. so, i moved everything from Allstate( 2 cars+bike+house) $375/month to coseco (2cars+bike+house)$270/ month , that's over 1200/ year savings.

just recieved my papers from coseco.
My Personal Info

• Male
  • Married
  • motorcycle insurance since 2014
  • full M
  • No Tickets
  • Bike: 2013-848 evo.

was with Allstate was paying $1400/ year for the bike. renewal came and it went up $1800/year. reasoning because you have more drivers in your area. what a bunch of BS.
called coseco , now i am paying $700/ year. so, i moved everything from Allstate( 2 cars+bike+house) $375/month to coseco (2cars+bike+house)$270/ month , that's over 1200/ year savings.

I'm surprised about Allstate. I just moved everything (2 cars, bike, house) to them as the quote for my Hayabusa was $550 for the year. That was 2/3 cheaper than every quote I got.

the first year i was with Allstate it was lower than the previous company i had insurance with . after the first year it went up incrementally , i was ok with it because no one wanted to touch my bike.everyone one was willing to insure the cars+house but no bike and at the the time Allstate was my only option to get everything insured within reasonable monthly premiums, but this year they just went significantly up. i tried all the guys mentioned here at Gtam insurance forum and everyone was actually more expensive then my renewal quote with Allstate . but damn coseco (which i didnt know exist until a week ago) gave me same coverage but $100/month(overall) less. i never imagined insuring a ducati under $1000/year.

Last edited:
i would assume they do but depending on the make and the model. when i called the csr had to make sure if they can insure my bike before going ahead with the quote process.

[*]Bike: 2016 Vulcan S ABS - Purchase price of $7000.00
[/LIST]

Cruisers are drastically cheaper for virtually any new rider vs anything in most other segments.

I suspect if you call around you'll find cheaper yet. My wife's Vstar was under $500 for her very first year of riding with an M2, liability only. Try calling Dalton Timmis.

Back
Top Bottom