My Recent Quotes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Recent Quotes

I'm 50ish with 2 bikes, 2cars, travel trailer, 3 boats and a house to insure. After 3 decades with the same insurer I now shop it every yr. On every item.

Bought a new F150 last week, ins quote went from $1,100. to $1820. TD monex Customer retention moved it back to $1,100. Shopping is part of my yearly activity now

I'm 50ish with 2 bikes, 2cars, travel trailer, 3 boats and a house to insure. After 3 decades with the same insurer I now shop it every yr. On every item.

Bought a new F150 last week, ins quote went from $1,100. to $1820. TD monex Customer retention moved it back to $1,100. Shopping is part of my yearly activity now

When I had a commercial account (No bikes) I was too busy to bother with shopping around. Then an acquaintance gave me a price on my van and blew the other company out of the water. I went with it and after that all of my insurance rates were better with the other company.

If you don't watch the market they'll nudge it up year by year.

Cruisers are drastically cheaper for virtually any new rider vs anything in most other segments.

I suspect if you call around you'll find cheaper yet. My wife's Vstar was under $500 for her very first year of riding with an M2, liability only. Try calling Dalton Timmis.

Not from what I was quoted last year. I am first year cruiser rider, but I also have a HD with 1600cc which made a $200 difference from 650/700cc. Best I got was $1800, I am in Scarborough. Called pretty much everyone. I wish I was paying less.

Will call Coseco when renewal comes in, and do the insurance call dance....:happy6:

Not from what I was quoted last year. I am first year cruiser rider, but I also have a HD with 1600cc which made a $200 difference from 650/700cc. Best I got was $1800, I am in Scarborough. Called pretty much everyone. I wish I was paying less.

- New rider on a Harley
- Probably got collision and comprehensive on it as well?
- Scarborough

That’s why.

When I returned to riding after a long gap a few years ago I was, for the purposes of insurance, rated as a brand new rider again unfortunately, but was paying $550/year for a 1300cc metric. Yes, I’m in a better postal code as well, but choice of bike makes a big difference - no Harley tax.

Does anyone have experience going through a claim with Coseco? If so, what was it like?

For those that switched from Allstate to Coseco, how does your coverage compare? I'm with Allstate and currently have 2 bikes, 2 cars and a house with them and the policy includes lots of good-to-haves like claims forgiveness, minor conviction waiver, disappearing deductible, etc. Are these still options with Coseco?

Guess I'll answer my own question, the Google review score is 2.3 stars, not good at all. Looks like you get what you pay for. Here's some of the negative comments from Google:

3 weeks ago
a patient at our clinic had a bad motorcycle accident, has fractured ribs, clavicle, was unconscious and transported to the hospital, suffered a head injury , left clavicle fractured that requires surgery. and guess what? COSECO ins says "he is a Minor Injury and has limit for rehab of $3500.00
this is disgusting. Will make sure never deal with them

11 months ago
This insurance company is incredibly difficult to deal with, I hope you guys read my review and correct things. They had incorrectly put house insurance under my name as opposed to my father's name even though when I oroginally had called to get a quote it was for him and not for myself. Anyways, when I had informed them of the error they got all dictatorship like and said they had to cancel the insurance. I said why not just fix the error and put it under the correct name? Anyways they don't use common sense and are incredibly hard headed. Although the lady on the phone was polite, she couldn't make any decisions on her own and this company will ultimately fail if they keep treating customers like robots

8 months ago
Cheap prices yes. Worst customer experience I could imagine from an insurance company.

a year ago
The cheapest place I had to work for. Salaries are frozen, they don't provide you with anything not even office supplies. Terrible place to work for.

6 weeks ago
The most complicated and difficult insurance company to work with. I've been getting the run around for 2 weeks. Though they are nice on the phone they aren't the ones that can help me. The rate was fine but be wary, you get what you pay for.

11 months ago
15 years paying claims, treated like garbage.

11 months ago
I have been on the phone trying to speak to someone since last night. No luck!
Customer service stinks. I am glad no one died.

Last edited:
I called to get quotes out of curiousity and the auto and motorcycle rates were much higher than I'm paying now. Very surprised to hear the rates you guys were getting as mine weren't even close. I was told the price would come down with a home policy but even if it went down another 10% the rates were still higher than I'm paying now. Plus, since one of my bikes is black listed they said they'd need 24-48 hours to get underwriter approval before they could even provide a quote for that bike.

You can google any company and find tons of negative feedback. People in general are less likely to leave a positive feedback. It’s just human nature. You only pushback when something’s going wrong to you personally. Haven’t dealt with Coseco regarding any claim as my policy started today( fingers crossed). I was with Allstate up until yesterday. Have the exact same coverage. Also never had any claim with Allstate. But my boss gave me their (Coseco’s) number and he swears by them having dealt with them(3 claims) , no hassle. Just go with any lowest insurance quote regardless of company because insurance companies are there to make money not charity. So, come claim time any company will make sure to make your life miserable before giving you a single penny.

Also always always always shop around “Every Year”. Don’t be complacent .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last edited:
So, it's been a week. What's the word?

Hey, so sorry for not getting back to you guys. They guy called and left a message and said the underwriter will not sign off on it because I have two not-at-fault accidents (in my car).

Is this a ******** excuse? I don't like being restricted based on stupid mistakes other drivers made. I am going to add the difference of my premium to the tort claim against both drivers.

I've never heard of the FZ6 being blacklisted anywhere, is this a recent thing???

The FZ6 is different than the FZ6R. The FZ6 is a 90+hp bike. The FZ6R is in the 70s I think.

I called to get quotes out of curiousity and the auto and motorcycle rates were much higher than I'm paying now. Very surprised to hear the rates you guys were getting as mine weren't even close. I was told the price would come down with a home policy but even if it went down another 10% the rates were still higher than I'm paying now. Plus, since one of my bikes is black listed they said they'd need 24-48 hours to get underwriter approval before they could even provide a quote for that bike.

I think the underwriter is more likely to say yes, if you are willing to move over your car and house to them as well.

Hey, so sorry for not getting back to you guys. They guy called and left a message and said the underwriter will not sign off on it because I have two not-at-fault accidents (in my car).

That's wierd... I used to work in underwriting and I'm currently in claims. Not sure how not at faults would affect any underwriting rules. And as far as I know, accidents whether at fault or not at fault in your automobile doesn't transfer over to your motorcycle.

Find out what underwriting rule this guy is using against you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That's wierd... I used to work in underwriting and I'm currently in claims. Not sure how not at faults would affect any underwriting rules. And as far as I know, accidents whether at fault or not at fault in your automobile doesn't transfer over to your motorcycle.

Find out what underwriting rule this guy is using against you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thannks, I'll call back tomorrow and find out.

The FZ6 is different than the FZ6R. The FZ6 is a 90+hp bike. The FZ6R is in the 70s I think.

I know what the differences are, I happen to own a FZ6 (and haven't heard any issues from either my broker or company, this is my 3rd season on it now)

I know what the differences are, I happen to own a FZ6 (and haven't heard any issues from either my broker or company, this is my 3rd season on it now)

Not every company has it on its restricted list. Which broker/company are you currently with?

Back
Top Bottom