PA Lift Table Sale | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA Lift Table Sale

Dumb question, I guess with these lifts you are not taking the wheels off or doing any kind of maintenance around them. Is there another lift which allows you to raise the bike and take the wheels off?

People use a stand on the lift with tiedowns.The more expensive lifts have a "drop out" panel to remove the rear wheel of harleys and wings while on the centerstand.

Only thing I don’t do on the lift is drop/install the motor. I’ve torn the bike down to the frame a few times all while on there at whatever height I feel comfortable working. I ditched the wheel chock and use my regullar stands. No tie downs necessary.

Dumb question, I guess with these lifts you are not taking the wheels off or doing any kind of maintenance around them. Is there another lift which allows you to raise the bike and take the wheels off?

I have a PA lift that I bought used from someone else who was upgrading to a fancier one. The platform is big enough to put a normal front or rear stand on top of the lift platform within the lips on each side (and those lips prevent the stand from falling off the side). The one I have, has a removable plate in the platform to allow rear wheels to be dropped out the bottom in case you are dealing with a bike that has extensive bodywork surrounding the rear wheel, although none of mine require using it.
M

One other small thing. If you have to do front steering stem removal or rear shock or swingarm removal, you are still on your own for finding a way to support the bike without relying on a steering stem stand or a normal paddock stand. My shop has a steel beam in the ceiling; I use tie-down straps to hang the frame of the bike from the ceiling. A platform lift doesn't help much with those situations, but for normal tire and brake work and oil changes, and more in-depth work short of steering stem or swingarm/shock work, it's a great back-saver.

I have the black one , as well as the original blue version.

The black one is garbage, i hate using it, the front wheel keeps getting stuck in there and its hard to unload.

The blue version that I have looks thicker - its held a lot of bikes in place.
I have one in the back of the pick up - works like a charm.

One other small thing. If you have to do front steering stem removal or rear shock or swingarm removal, you are still on your own for finding a way to support the bike without relying on a steering stem stand or a normal paddock stand. My shop has a steel beam in the ceiling; I use tie-down straps to hang the frame of the bike from the ceiling. A platform lift doesn't help much with those situations, but for normal tire and brake work and oil changes, and more in-depth work short of steering stem or swingarm/shock work, it's a great back-saver.

These work perfectly. Just need a piece of wood the size of the lip to keep the stand flat as the legs are too big to fit.

Also great for trackside triple clamp offset changes or shock removal.

https://www.pit-bull.com/racers-pit-crews/jack-stands-pair-for-front-or-rear-f0062-000

Last edited:
A good set of jackstands works great also if you are doing head bearings or if you have to remove the rear shock. Can be done on the table also if you have some pieces of wood that go across the table to put the stands on . Key here is that you have to have frame sliders to rest on the stands or solid rearsets. If not a piece of steel rod may work if you can slide it through the frame somewhere or through the swingarm pivot. Otherwise Brian P's suggestion of hanging it with straps from the rafters is your best bet. I've seen pics of the one Hack posted called a Bursig lift worth about $600 US. Pretty cool unit though.
http://www.bursigusa.com/

A good set of jackstands works great also if you are doing head bearings or if you have to remove the rear shock. Can be done on the table also if you have some pieces of wood that go across the table to put the stands on . Key here is that you have to have frame sliders to rest on the stands or solid rearsets. If not a piece of steel rod may work if you can slide it through the frame somewhere or through the swingarm pivot. Otherwise Brian P's suggestion of hanging it with straps from the rafters is your best bet. I've seen pics of the one Hack posted called a Bursig lift worth about $600 US. Pretty cool unit though.
http://www.bursigusa.com/

I did the jack stand thing for awhile. The pit bull ones are worth their weight in gold.

Oh I bet they are. I'm sure they would be for you as you would use them alot for your race bike.

Ya but even regular maintenance is nicer. The extra foot print just makes them that much more stable than the jack stands but they’d be hard to justify if you only used them once a year.

If you need the larger one or simply like the pneumatic option the 1,000 lb one is going on sale April 17. $700 reduced to $470. Freight cost is a killer on these units. If you don't already have access to a van, pickup truck or larger SUV spend some time getting this organized and go and pick it up.

FWIW ^^^^this. Picked mine up today. They have some stock in Newmarket, none in Richmond hill.
the sale starts next week, but if you bring in the flyer etc.

Back
Top Bottom