Need boots where to look, recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need boots where to look, recommendations

sburns

GTAM'rs

I've been searching hi and low for some boots. To be honest I have a larger foot size 11-12 but with narrow heal.
This makes it challenging to find something. No laces boots would be ideal, saves me against wind or rain issues. But fit suffers and I have been finding heal lifts.

Anyhow been to a couple of HD dealers, GP Bikes, Royal dis. I have expanded search to Herberts and Bootmaster.

Last place I will be looking might be Tons of Gear in Hamilton way, and Cycleworld when then both open again.

Right now 2 boots are near what I want
Chippewa - wilcox
Canada West Boots with laces.

Welcome all recommendations.

Maybe go up to a Adventure style boot? Sidi or Gaerne. I just bought the Sidi Deep Rain boots myself. My Tourmaster Solution WPs only lasted 3 seasons...

I was going to suggest Forma Adventure.

I wear a 47 with a wide toe, narrow heel issue, and they seem to work well.

They've been doubling as my winter boots, while I make sure there are no issues.

GTAM'rs

I've been searching hi and low for some boots. To be honest I have a larger foot size 11-12 but with narrow heal.
This makes it challenging to find something. No laces boots would be ideal, saves me against wind or rain issues. But fit suffers and I have been finding heal lifts.

Anyhow been to a couple of HD dealers, GP Bikes, Royal dis. I have expanded search to Herberts and Bootmaster.

Last place I will be looking might be Tons of Gear in Hamilton way, and Cycleworld when then both open again.

Right now 2 boots are near what I want
Chippewa - wilcox
Canada West Boots with laces.

Welcome all recommendations.

Tons of bike gear has good deals on boots, and the price on the boot is what you pay, they tax in all their stuff if I'm not mistaken. I know I shouldn't, but I typically ride in my street shoes, but sometimes I put on cowboy/riding boots. I like wearing the cowboy boots, but the hard sole isn't that comfortable.

They've been doubling as my winter boots, while I make sure there are no issues.

I have the same boots in the low cut option. Nice and wide and waterproof.

DSP might have something to suit you.

Maybe go up to a Adventure style boot? Sidi or Gaerne. I just bought the Sidi Deep Rain boots myself. My Tourmaster Solution WPs only lasted 3 seasons...

I'll give anything a shot. Where did you buy yours from?
I need to try them on, so I hope not online.

Yes that sounds about right to me. Where might you have picked them up from?

Tons of bike gear has good deals on boots, and the price on the boot is what you pay, they tax in all their stuff if I'm not mistaken. I know I shouldn't, but I typically ride in my street shoes, but sometimes I put on cowboy/riding boots. I like wearing the cowboy boots, but the hard sole isn't that comfortable.

I think they just re opened for the season. I'll have to find a day to get out there, bit of a hike for me being in the East end of TO.

Yes that sounds about right to me. Where might you have picked them up from?

GP Bikes...

I like the Sidi Deep Rain as they are quite high compared to others, the two buckles secure the foot and ankle, but the upper part uses velcro and does not have a thick shinguard - hence easier to fit under your pants. Time will tell how well they breathe - my Tourmasters were quite sweaty... Have not tried a Goretex boot yet.

If you don’t want the high boots, maybe the low cut Forma Adventures, or Icon has something similar - the Patrol IIRC.

GP Bikes...

I like the Sidi Deep Rain as they are quite high compared to others, the two buckles secure the foot and ankle, but the upper part uses velcro and does not have a thick shinguard - hence easier to fit under your pants. Time will tell how well they breathe - my Tourmasters were quite sweaty... Have not tried a Goretex boot yet.

If you don’t want the high boots, maybe the low cut Forma Adventures, or Icon has something similar - the Patrol IIRC.

Thanks, I will have to go back and take another look.
Nothing is ever easy these days....:(

I ride a Harley. I generally avoid the HD branded stuff, but the Harley boots get consistently good reviews so I would consider them.

Also try Altimate Boots here in Toronto. My last pair were my favourite boots but now they make them with zippers up the side which I don't like - extra failure point and compromises any water resistance.

I ride a Harley. I generally avoid the HD branded stuff, but the Harley boots get consistently good reviews so I would consider them.

Also try Altimate Boots here in Toronto. My last pair were my favourite boots but now they make them with zippers up the side which I don't like - extra failure point and compromises any water resistance.

I ride a Harley as well. I went to the HD dealer, considering the user base I thought I would find something in my size. I did but the fit wasn't good.

I passed by Altimate a while back. It was closed during the posted business hours, and there was a pile of mail sticking out of the mailbox.
If they are still around I will call them before and see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom