If the Weather ain't coming to us....We need to go into the Weather | GTAMotorcycle.com

If the Weather ain't coming to us....We need to go into the Weather

Veej

Since the late February Spring like days we had, I got my bike ready and rode into work a few days late Feb, when the digits hit above 5c, then old man winter came back with vengence. I stopped riding into work when the weather hit negative again in the mornings. :(

My commute is from Rouge Valley to Downtown, so quite a bit. This Monday morning I looked at the 14 day forecast and it seems as this old man is sticking around like uninvited guest, I said F@#@ it I'm getting my beast out (VTX 1300) and have been riding in since this Monday.

Morning temperatures hover around -2 with flurries and even the evening is around the same give and take a degree. But still loving the ride vs red rocket. Getting into work I have a bounce in my walk and even after I get home I got energy left for the gym. Years ago I used to ride in the negatives but stopped and only commuted on the bike when the weather was above 2-3. This winter has taken a toll and the bike and I can't be contained any longer....:p

I guess if the weather refuses to come to us we gotta go into the weather.....

Last edited:
Heated grips, wind deflectors and a ski jacket lets me go to at least -10C to commute. Heated socks would have helped too.

Ya I need to get some wind deflectors for the handlebars, every year I think about it and never get around, that and a heated vest will do the trick for me to go deeper into the dark....

Dude we're still in Winter and not even half way through March

Chill

Every year except this past last year I ride into December usually a week or 2 into and then I am out in early March. This past end of 2017 I ended up parking the bike in November due to getting caught twice in the week on a long commute home in heavy Cold November Rain...the kind that Guns N Roses could not even sing about.

Yes the Chill is definitely out there....but some like me need to Chill on 2 wheels...;)

Last edited:
Dude we're still in Winter and not even half way through March

Chill

Based on your post history, you "Just" registered your bike at the end of Jan 2018...

You're obviously new, which is fine, but why try lecturing people that have been doing this for years?

If the day is cold, but dry, there really isn't much of an issue as long as you adjust your riding according to the temps.

Last edited:
Every year except this past last year I ride into December usually a week or 2 into and then I am out in early March. This past end of 2017 I ended up parking the bike in November due to getting caught twice in the week on a long commute home in heavy Cold November Rain...the kind that Guns N Roses could not even sing about.

Yes the Chill is definitely out there....but some like me need to Chill on 2 wheels...;)

My last day was Dec 5th 2017, which was alright. Then back out for that warm up end of Feb 2018 =)

Well it is suppose to be the beginning of spring what like next week, Mar 22 etc. But yes looking at the forecast for the next couple of weeks looks depressing....

Soon, we are close!

Woke up today around 7 am, my phone said it was -5, I thought it may get a bit warmer by 8:45 am which is the time I leave for work, but hell, it went opposite, it was around -6, had no choice jumped on the bike and rode in.

This is probably the coldest I've ever rode in, I'm hoping the commute home will be warmer... hoping for a balmy 1-2 degrees. :rolleyes:

So this week I skipped the Red Rocket the whole week, so much better on the ride in and out...Just hope it get a bit warmer but I think after -6 i wont try anything colder unless I get myself a handlebar deflector and a heated vest.

..Just hope it get a bit warmer but I think after -6 i wont try anything colder unless I get myself a handlebar deflector and a heated vest.

save your oil jugs on the next oil change...

handguard-3-jpg.35560

handguard-4-jpg.35561

Back
Top Bottom