Duke 390 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Duke 390

abkdt41

Anyone have any experience with the new duke 390 MY 2017+?

Looks like a fantastic small displacement naked bike

Looking to get something for commuting to work during the warmer months
277b69bc9769c4510f4ad3317c6414e1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Love the bike. Stock suspension is crap if the rider is any more than featherweight (but same is true of plenty of bikes in this class). Concerned about reliability and durability. In my internet travels, I found a fairly long list of issues that have supposedly been fixed in production, so it is possible/likely that the new ones are better than those from the first year or two of production.

Love the bike. Stock suspension is crap if the rider is any more than featherweight (but same is true of plenty of bikes in this class). Concerned about reliability and durability. In my internet travels, I found a fairly long list of issues that have supposedly been fixed in production, so it is possible/likely that the new ones are better than those from the first year or two of production.
That's my biggest concern

Bike is manufactured in India so might not be Japanese reliable

I'm not light weight so suspension is definitely an issue as well

That's my biggest concern

Bike is manufactured in India so might not be Japanese reliable

I'm not light weight so suspension is definitely an issue as well

No way can you consider KTM as reliable, even if it weren't made in India.

Awesome looking bike, seems very electronic...

Not sure if Made in India is a down, it comes down to quality control, components and testing. I think the BMW GS310 is now Made in India, some Honda's like the CB500X are made in Thailand I believe too.

I've ridden the big brother (the 690) and it was alright, so for an around the town bike, the 390 definitely should suffice.

No way can you consider KTM as reliable, even if it weren't made in India.
Almost 30,000km on my RC8r No issues except a blown valve cover seal.

Almost 30,000km on my RC8r No issues except a blown valve cover seal.

Exception and not the rule? :D

In all seriousness; I'm not saying they are unreliable, i'm saying in my mind they don't share the same track record.

My new 2017 Honda was made in Thailand.It is the best fit,finish and quality of any bike i have ever owned.

I spend quite a bit of time on motocross/off-road forums and KTM seems like one of the best if not best manufacturer to take care of problems customers have with their bikes so I would be pretty confident any early issues with the 390 were solved.

That duke looks like an awesome little bike...I'd be taking a hard look at the Husky Vitpilen 401 if I was in that market though. With that said I'm not sure if it's coming to Canada but I imagine it is.

My new 2017 Honda was made in Thailand.It is the best fit,finish and quality of any bike i have ever owned.
I'd agree with that. I was very surprised at the overall fit and finish on your rally. Very high end, especially for a small dual sport.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I spend quite a bit of time on motocross/off-road forums and KTM seems like one of the best if not best manufacturer to take care of problems customers have with their bikes so I would be pretty confident any early issues with the 390 were solved.

That duke looks like an awesome little bike...I'd be taking a hard look at the Husky Vitpilen 401 if I was in that market though. With that said I'm not sure if it's coming to Canada but I imagine it is.
The new huskies are over 8K new

Some ktm dealers are selling the 390 for $5K

Very cheap on insurance as well

looks great. i was leary of the purported longevity / quality of the KTM brand. But maybe not an issue these days. Do not think i would
trade my FZ07 for one but if the FZ was stolen or wrecked i would probably give this a serious look. Dealer here has 2017 models on sale for 4799
and here the insurance would only be $500 / year.

Back
Top Bottom