Fortnine Customer Service | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fortnine Customer Service

I ordered some Givi Handguards for my 2009 BMW from Fortnine. Fortnine said they were a "Guarantee Fit" for my bike. I receive the package and when trying to install them I see they will not fit. I contact Fortnine and question their Guarantee Fit and this is the response....

FORTNINE: They said guaranteed fit, because, as you can see in the screenshot below, Givi guarantees the fit, hence why are website does also.

Can you confirm that the handlebars are the stock bars that came with the bike when you bought it. Also, did you buy the bike from BMW brand new, or was the bike used when purchased?

ME: Yes it is stock, I actually found on the Givi website they say that it is for the 2013 and up.

FORTNINE: Yes, I can see that. That being said, can you confirm that the parts are still in brand new condition, and show no signs of install?

So no apology and must show no signs of an attempt to install! They are now offering my money back after I return the parts and they inspect to see there was no attempt at an install.

I've always been happy with Fortnine to date but with my first experience dealing with Customer Service I am not impressed.

I ordered some Givi Handguards for my 2009 BMW from Fortnine. Fortnine said they were a "Guarantee Fit" for my bike. I receive the package and when trying to install them I see they will not fit. I contact Fortnine and question their Guarantee Fit and this is the response....

FORTNINE: They said guaranteed fit, because, as you can see in the screenshot below, Givi guarantees the fit, hence why are website does also.

Can you confirm that the handlebars are the stock bars that came with the bike when you bought it. Also, did you buy the bike from BMW brand new, or was the bike used when purchased?

ME: Yes it is stock, I actually found on the Givi website they say that it is for the 2013 and up.

FORTNINE: Yes, I can see that. That being said, can you confirm that the parts are still in brand new condition, and show no signs of install?

So no apology and must show no signs of an attempt to install! They are now offering my money back after I return the parts and they inspect to see there was no attempt at an install.

I've always been happy with Fortnine to date but with my first experience dealing with Customer Service I am not impressed.

Maybe contact GIVI directly ? Maybe they know something you (and Fortnine) don't ?

There is nothing worse than dealing with the public because you literally have thousands of distinct personalities. All Fortnine is trying to do is ensure you didn't actually use them or show signs of wear or tear, because they want to be able to resell them for the correct bike/brand.

I bought a Nolan helmet there and when I received it, the internal sunshade visor had dislodged from the lever to lower or raise, likely due to rough handling while in transit. So it didn't work. To minimize the possibility that I might decide to use it for a few days (they asked if I had been riding with it - no I did not) they gave me 2 days in which to ship it back to them. That's fair, they want their stuff back so they can either fix and sell it, or put it on clearance sale.

I would hate to run a online company. Can't imagine all the stuff some people might throw at them.

Doesn't seem very unreasonable on their part. They likely just repack the product into their own box. Can't really expect an apology when they are just the distributor (and only have an online presence).

If you still aren't happy then walk it up to a supervisor or manager, I'm sure you'll get the apology you're looking for.

Doesn't seem very unreasonable on their part. They likely just repack the product into their own box. Can't really expect an apology when they are just the distributor (and only have an online presence).

If you still aren't happy then walk it up to a supervisor or manager, I'm sure you'll get the apology you're looking for.

I doubt it considering that Fortnine are based in Montreal.

I doubt it considering that Fortnine are based in Montreal.

And? Half the time i call to complain about something with any company it appears to be sourced overseas or in the U.S.

Or is that a subtle jab at Quebecois? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom