5 reasons YOU should not ride a motorcycle

Thread: 5 reasons YOU should not ride a motorcycle

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

5 reasons YOU should not ride a motorcycle

Forum Sponsor
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Re: 5 reasons YOU should not ride a motorcycle

Great article. in Ontario there are restrictions that make it harder to start on a 1000ss. Newbies should visit your link.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR 1300, DL650XT XV920R, GL1000, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, Rupp Roadster, MX125, MX250, DT400

The ones that need to take it in won't bother to read it .....the one's that do read it likely don't need to read it tho the practice practice tips might reinforce for them.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Feb to May
    Canada > 2018 CB500x 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold 10 Wee ABS x 2 both sold
    Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
    Travel photos>https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/ya9jsh6a

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    The ones that need to take it in won't bother to read it .....the one's that do read it likely don't need to read it tho the practice practice tips might reinforce for them.
    That's no reason to not at least try. Even if one in a thousand, see it, it's worth it.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

See it and take it in are two different animals....I have less faith in immature brains than you perhaps......having been one.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Feb to May
    Canada > 2018 CB500x 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold 10 Wee ABS x 2 both sold
    Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
    Travel photos>https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/ya9jsh6a

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    This.

I agree with the article but we're just circling jerking ourselves. Those tips only make sense to those that have seen it or been through it. At the end of the day, some people's rationality only extends as far as "my money, my life, YOLO." You cannot do anything to stop that.

..........then again, we can always meet up at KC or LnL and make bets on which rider loops it trying to wheelie out of the parking lot. I know it's usually a Hayabusa or GSXR....but maybe we can get a Ducati for once lol
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, richer, stronger, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ----------------------------------

two reasons why you should ride a motorcycle:

1. you want to
    2. they are fun and cool AF

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    two reasons why you should ride a motorcycle:

1. you want to
    2. they are fun and cool AF
    Yasss!

I looked at the article, but didn't want to read most of it, because of the bad stuff. That being the dangers. I think most of us are aware of them I just don't like reading about it all the time. Kinda puts a damper on things. I am not a know it all!!
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

Don't forget,

Blonde Stacey in her pink G wagon is gonna check her snapchat for a Dick pic from Chad and while doing so doesnt see you stopped at a red and boom!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS63 View Post
    Don't forget,

Blonde Stacey in her pink G wagon is gonna check her snapchat for a Dick pic from Chad and while doing so doesnt see you stopped at a red and boom!
    ..........aren't both Chad and Stacey terms from /r/ForeverAlone and the now banned /r/Incel?

Are you from either community?
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, richer, stronger, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ----------------------------------

Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest applies to motorcycling. No matter what you say or write, people do whatever they want. At two separate times I was selling a 750 Gixxer and an R6. Both times the only guys coming to look at it were those under 25 and with zero to 3 months riding experience. I advised all of them they needed to start on something less powerful and gain a bit of experience. In Europe there are age and experience restrictions to riding the more powerful bikes. Some bikes like the BMWs have two versions, including a detuned one for riders with restrictions.

I hate government restriction and oversight, but sometimes the government does need to step in and protect some people from themselves (and the public).

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyHare View Post
    Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest applies to motorcycling. No matter what you say or write, people do whatever they want. At two separate times I was selling a 750 Gixxer and an R6. Both times the only guys coming to look at it were those under 25 and with zero to 3 months riding experience. I advised all of them they needed to start on something less powerful and gain a bit of experience. In Europe there are age and experience restrictions to riding the more powerful bikes. Some bikes like the BMWs have two versions, including a detuned one for riders with restrictions.

I hate government restriction and oversight, but sometimes the government does need to step in and protect some people from themselves (and the public).
    Aren't insurance companies in the GTA already doing that ? < 25 with no riding experience can come check out the bike all they want, they won't be riding it legally unless daddy is a millionaire.

Wasn't there a young kid who just got his license on here buying a 600cc sport bike? 90% of the readership told him to go smaller but he wasn't going to hear it. I have a feeling that problem is a lot more widespread than we think - "I'm not riding a 250, they'll laugh at me..." LOL.

I think the article is just about using your brain .... Thinking... And having common sense... If you dont have this no article that you read will help.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

These Young Kids are creating a Bad name for all of us and eventually getting into more accident which in turns increases the Insurance premium. They need to hold on to their Testosterone. But I have got one question - We should divide New Riders in three categories. 1. New and Young. 2. New and Experienced but not on north American roads. 3. New and Mature.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com