What is trail riding like in BC? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is trail riding like in BC?

johnnnw

Anyone have experience with dirt bike trail riding in BC? From what I've seen on youtube there are some really great trails...

Do they have a lot of available trails that allow dirt bikes?

I would assume its like the GTA. You'll need to live further away from the city to have decent riding. I've seen those youtube videos with Megan Griffiths Enduro, she apparantly lives in a super small town.

Like most things, the locals know best. Lived out there back in the 90s. House backed into a ravine that let up a mountain trail. Plenty of trails for quads, snow machines, dirt bikes.

Just make sure to ride with a buddy and someone knows the area you plan to ride. The play ground it big and cell reception doesn’t exist in many areas.

My experience is from a long time ago, northern interior. Tumbler Ridge, Dawson Creek area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dad lives in the Kootenay mountains, it's literally littered with trails in his area. Especially once the snow finally leaves.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with dirt bike trail riding in BC? From what I've seen on youtube there are some really great trails...

Do they have a lot of available trails that allow dirt bikes?
For road licensed or competition type bikes?

I rode a CMA national near Ioco and that was really good. (is practically in Vancouver's back yard) Their riding area is largely on hydro owned land and the CPTA (local trials club) has a limited land use arrangement with them. CPTA also hosts events near Squamish and on Vancouver Island but most of the really great trails out there that I seen were posted 'no motorized vehicles'. Mountain bikers and hikers have nearly unlimited options by comparison.

Highly advise you contact the local clubs and organizations in advance, they will know all the best places to ride without being accused of destroying the environment. If your bike is plated there are probably far more fire road type areas throughout interior BC where you could explore and claim ignorance once they do chase you out.

Terrain wise BC obviously has the mountain advantage, but overall thanks to the glaciers our Canadian Shield imo provides equally great riding areas throughout vast tracts of Ontario and Quebec.

BC ... is a bit too large. Where exactly are you moving in? Vancouver island won't have much, but I am sure you get 1hr. out north west, or east and it will be littered with legally ride-able trails. Of course, the more out you go there's more trails than roads .... LOL ... think like living in Sudbury ... minus the swamps and add elevation and lot of it.

BC ... is a bit too large. Where exactly are you moving in? Vancouver island won't have much, but I am sure you get 1hr. out north west, or east and it will be littered with legally ride-able trails. Of course, the more out you go there's more trails than roads .... LOL ... think like living in Sudbury ... minus the swamps and add elevation and lot of it.

Revelstoke

Hey John,

I didn’t ride that far south east.

You can stop in a local dealer and they can point you in the right direction of where to go what to look out for.

Some trails will have river/stream crossings and might need to take some fuel. Depending on the time of the year and weather, some trails can get washed out or too deep to cross the river etc.

Some riding trails can be narrow with steep ledges.

There are mud holes and places to rip it up but, many places you have to pay attention too.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom