21 years old,with m2 is a 600cc SS possible? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

21 years old,with m2 is a 600cc SS possible?

Also for the people recommend naked/sports touring, I understand. But I don't have the money to buy a 7-8K naked or sport touring. If I had the money I would have done that and just waited. I has mainly looking at the cb600f4i being a bit more tame than the newer race replica inspired SS.

Also keep in mind you'll be missing many features of a more modern safety features that a newer sport bike may offer (ABS, TC, etc).

Yeah Im still calling companies, I will probably try to get M as soon as possible. I wanted to ask you guys is there a difference between the 600cc SS like brand wise is a cbr600rr cheaper than a R6 or a Gsxr? I might get lucky with policy I could afford.
No

I have to have at least 3 characters to post, so I wrote this sentence too.

I got a great quote form desjardins for a 2008 zzr600, $2381 which comes out 198 per month which I can definitely do thanks for the recommendation man!

CBR500R with two brothers pipe.... vtwin can sound nice.

Bike isnt too expensive. Insurance won't be expensive on it either (more money for mods and gear). It's going to be night and day from your 125r too. (its got the size of the bigger bike and alright power, a good rider can keep up from the back with a group of 600cc medium spirited ride...from experience lol)

I feel like i sound like a broken record suggesting the 500 series but it might be a decent option. fz6r is decent looking and what not but dont know if its worth it, insurance wise. gets quotes...maybe get a test ride on 500 and make up your mind :)

CBR500R with two brothers pipe.... vtwin can sound nice.

Bike isnt too expensive. Insurance won't be expensive on it either (more money for mods and gear). It's going to be night and day from your 125r too. (its got the size of the bigger bike and alright power, a good rider can keep up from the back with a group of 600cc medium spirited ride...from experience lol)

I feel like i sound like a broken record suggesting the 500 series but it might be a decent option. fz6r is decent looking and what not but dont know if its worth it, insurance wise. gets quotes...maybe get a test ride on 500 and make up your mind :)

Just a *bit* biased there LePhillou.

Though, I'm with you. Most people feel like their own bike is the go-to.

They all have their pros and cons.

M2 in June 2017, bought a brand new 2016 ninja 300 krt and my insurance with Statefarm was $1745.00. eight months later I traded that in this past February 2018 and got myself a brand new 2017 zx6r krt. Most insurance places wouldn't touch me. Place that did gave me $5k - $9k/yr. quotes. I kept calling around and I am now paying $1600 (full coverage and $2mill liability) with Allstate. Mind you I am turning 30 in June and I bundled with my car as well and also I am outside the GTA.

Last edited:
AFAIK, Allstate stopped issuing new standalone policies on sport (maybe all?) motorcycles. Need to bundle up.

They allow standalone, buts its crazy expensive. Previously i mention 3k, but its actually 4k for it,

M2 in June 2017, bought a brand new 2016 ninja 300 krt and my insurance with Statefarm was $1745.00. eight months later I traded that in this past February 2018 and got myself a brand new 2017 zx6r krt. Most insurance places wouldn't touch me. Place that did gave me $5k - $9k/yr. quotes. I kept calling around and I am now paying $1600 (full coverage and $2mill liability) with Allstate. Mind you I am turning 30 in June and I bundled with my car as well and also I am outside the GTA.

Are they competitive on car for you? Quoted My bike is 1350 with them, and a honda civic they ask for 3700 .... Needs to be bundle. Bike alone is 4k for me.

Most company insure my civic for 2k

They allow standalone, buts its crazy expensive. Previously i mention 3k, but its actually 4k for it,

Are they competitive on car for you? Quoted My bike is 1350 with them, and a honda civic they ask for 3700 .... Needs to be bundle. Bike alone is 4k for me.

Most company insure my civic for 2k
My car is not competitive with Allstate, km paying $400 a year more. But my bike is super cheap compared to all the other quotes I got. In the end, I come out at top.

If I had a 10 year insurance history, then my car would've been more than competitive. I only have a 5 year history.

Yes. my car is around $1300 which is cheaper than what I was paying with Intact. So I'm paying $1600ish for the new 2017 zx6r and my car (2009 VW TIGUAN) is $1300ish. FYI I have a clean record as well.

Last edited:
I got a great quote form desjardins for a 2008 zzr600, $2381 which comes out 198 per month which I can definitely do thanks for the recommendation man!

That's actually pretty good. I might have to look into other options rather than the gixxer 600, because every company I've called either won't insure me, or it's high 3000's for it.

Cool. Be careful if you do get it. Like I said, very easy to get carried away and lose control.

Yeah it doesn't too bad, but I'm probably going with the zzr600 it's basically a SS disguised lool.

I'm 21 with an R6, got it 3 years ago. Try talking your old man into getting his permit so you can go on the policy together. It may help your rate (as it did in my case). I wont say the exact rate I'm paying but it is under $1500 a year. I'm also about 100km's west of Toronto. In respect to power, just realize you will only go as quick as you twist the throttle. I started on a 250 and put well over 35000km's over the 2 years I had it. Just be sensible, a 600ss wont kill you the second you get on it as many people make it sound. I'd also recommend doing a few track days. It's a great place to test out your limits and see what the bike can do. It'll also make you a safer rider on the street as you'll know those limits and be able to ride within them. If a SS isn't possible, then a FZ6r is also a great idea. My dad just bought a 2009 for $2700 and it's a fun little bike. From what I remember its the same engine block off the older R6 just set up differently, it still has that i-4 scream if you were to do some exhaust work to it.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in seeing were both more or less in the same boat.

Back
Top Bottom