Your First Ride of 2018 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your First Ride of 2018

Been out 5 or 6 times this year after putting the bike down for a nap the first week of December. Now I'm itching for more; agree with the folks talking about later this week. The number of times I check my weather app these days is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

ALMOST got the bike out early this year. I insure for 6 months. April 15 to Oct 14. But this past weekend was around 16c and it hit 21c in the Fraser Valley today. Ended up zooming around on the Smax scooter instead.
Saturday did not warm up until the afternoon. Was still zero at 0700. The closer to the water (Vancouver) the cooler it is. Only got to around 12c on Saturday.
But i somewhat regret not getting day insurance for the FZ07 for at least Sunday. Oh well. Next weekend looking decent too. I will probably visit a broker on Friday and get a 3 month insurance. Its only $285 for 3 months.

First ride was last weekend when picked up a used Ninja 300 and rode it to friends house in Scarborough, around 16 km. Will be riding it from Scarborough to Milton coming weekend.

I think my first ride of 2018 was Jan 11th.

First ride was a couple of weeks ago. 12 degrees so I called in and went to the Forks. Nice day and a great way to beat the winter blues.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

My first ride will probably be this coming Sunday, Mar. 18th...
weather is looking ok...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Caution at this point is a good idea. Besides the more enthusiastic salt dumpings by the works department (which didn't melt), there is quite a bit of sloppy construction on the go. My route has assorted metal plates, mud and strings of artificial potholes in addition to the usual crumbling post-winter road surface. Even my car is taking a beating.

Here we go again :p

Queue Pilot and MacDoc in 3..2..

47494644.jpg

Oh, and I was out weeks ago.

I'm hoping for the second weekend in April. I don't rush it. I'd rather do a few spring chores first and wait for a descent day to take that first ride than to pull it out on the first 5c day that is sunny and freeze my butt off the whole ride. Besides, I can't stand the thought of getting salt residue up under my bike. I always wait until there have been a few good rains to clear the roads off before I start.

I'm hoping for the second weekend in April. I don't rush it. I'd rather do a few spring chores first and wait for a descent day to take that first ride than to pull it out on the first 5c day that is sunny and freeze my butt off the whole ride. Besides, I can't stand the thought of getting salt residue up under my bike. I always wait until there have been a few good rains to clear the roads off before I start.

latest

I was out yesterday mid day. Bit chilly but nice enough. Ya lots of salt patches. Mostly at intersections, and some parking lots.
Bike survived!

I was out yesterday. I went into home hardware to grab a few things, and when I went in it was bout 4 C. By the time i came out (10 minutes), there were cartoon sized snowflakes coming down. Wasn't as fun riding in that.

Woke up today around 7 am, my phone said it was -5, I thought it may get a bit warmer by 8:45 am which is the time I leave for work, but hell, it went opposite, it was around -6, had no choice jumped on the bike and rode in.

This is probably the coldest I've ever rode in, I'm hoping the commute home will be warmer... hoping for a balmy 1-2 degrees. :rolleyes:

Went out last night around 7 to run an errand, if it was nice enough i was going to go bang out @sburns Photo Tag. Riding back from the errand i was like NOPE!

Salt is down on road, be aware of it. It's like a dirty, sandy road.

Walking back to the 4 wheels earlier today.
LOL at the two idiots who parked their bikes INSIDE of a cart return area at Metro (Whitby) this afternoon. Kisses to the peeps who blocked them in with shopping carts! Sorry for your dings, it was windy....

Back
Top Bottom