What's Doug Ford's stance on indentity/gender politics and politcal correctness? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's Doug Ford's stance on indentity/gender politics and politcal correctness?

What's so awful about this sex ed curriculum that's got everyone's panties all bunched up? The old curriculum was just that, old, so shouldn't it be updated after a decade or so? I don't have kids, but asked my coworkers and friends what they thought of their sex-ed-aged children going through the new curriculum, and all said it was perfectly fine and their kids weren't traumatized at all.

Can someone enlighten me here?

alt-right media outlets whip up the readers with fake outrage
they use social issues to divide and strive to create echo chambers

there is nothing wrong with curriculum changing to suit societal changes
millenials and younger have no struggle with these things

and how Ford announcing his policy will focus on fiscal issues
and pay little attention to social issues can be seen as a negative baffles me

as a voter with not much use for that family
it makes me more likely to consider him acceptable

alt-right media outlets whip up the readers with fake outrage
they use social issues to divide and strive to create echo chambers
The right throws RED MEAT, the left FAKE NEWS and confabulation. One has to learn how to sort through it all. [/QUOTE]

there is nothing wrong with curriculum changing to suit societal changes
millenials and younger have no struggle with these things
True, but the result of one ideology steamrollering another always has the same outcome -- a fight. A bloody good fight when the incursion is into religious space. Had Wynne been even a little inclusive and considerate this fire would be out.

and how Ford announcing his policy will focus on fiscal issues
and pay little attention to social issues can be seen as a negative baffles me
Fiscal issues are a priority -- have you seen Wynne's deficit forecast?

as a voter with not much use for that family
it makes me more likely to consider him acceptable
Here here!

So far his fiscal math does not add up... He is talking only $6B (4% of spending) in savings by finding efficiencies, sounds good so far. He is also talking tax cuts, reducing revenue. Then he is talking about balanced budgets???

SO, with only reducing the spending by $6B, how can he both cut taxes and balance the budget.... he can't. Trickle down economics anyone... All for kicking out Wynne but so far the fiscal policies outlined by Dougie are looking like more big structural deficits.

My guess is Harris style balanced budgets (407 style). Sell everything that can be sold "balancing" this years budget, creating a huge revenue hole in next years (and every year after that). Can't keep selling the same stuff to make up the difference.

Once again, pick the least worst, not the good. My worries are that by election time we are looking at Wynne pulling this one out of the dumpster. The social conservatives (lets stop being politically correct here and just call them bigots) that hate Wynne so much are sure going out of their way to keep her in power....

With the pC party at the far right and the NDP at the far left, the Liberals become the natural leading party...sadly!

So far his fiscal math does not add up... He is talking only $6B (4% of spending) in savings by finding efficiencies, sounds good so far. He is also talking tax cuts, reducing revenue. Then he is talking about balanced budgets???

SO, with only reducing the spending by $6B, how can he both cut taxes and balance the budget.... he can't. Trickle down economics anyone... All for kicking out Wynne but so far the fiscal policies outlined by Dougie are looking like more big structural deficits.

My guess is Harris style balanced budgets (407 style). Sell everything that can be sold "balancing" this years budget, creating a huge revenue hole in next years (and every year after that). Can't keep selling the same stuff to make up the difference.

Once again, pick the least worst, not the good. My worries are that by election time we are looking at Wynne pulling this one out of the dumpster. The social conservatives (lets stop being politically correct here and just call them bigots) that hate Wynne so much are sure going out of their way to keep her in power....

With the pC party at the far right and the NDP at the far left, the Liberals become the natural leading party...sadly!

He's also talking privatization of LCBO, CCBO (whatever weed stores'll be called). I believe Mike Harris campaigned on privatizing booze and reneged once he got into office and saw the amount of money state-run liquor earns. Generally, I'm in favour of small business running the pot game, but if the province needs money, CCBO seems to be a good way to earn it.

He's also talking privatization of LCBO, CCBO (whatever weed stores'll be called). I believe Mike Harris campaigned on privatizing booze and reneged once he got into office and saw the amount of money state-run liquor earns. Generally, I'm in favour of small business running the pot game, but if the province needs money, CCBO seems to be a good way to earn it.

It is all abut NPV, the LCBO as an example has a much higher NPV as is vs sold. In the end the LCBO makes a LOT of money (profit, not talking alcohol taxes which are a wash either way) so selling it means a short windfall and long term revenue loss. The tax payers will have to anti-up the cost of the lost profits in either future tax hikes or larger deficits--selling it means lower taxes that year (sale year) and higher taxes until the end of time.

AND they can't sell it again the year after...

If you truly run a government like a business, you keep profitable divisions and divest non-profitable. Goal is to maximize revenue and lower costs (profits), year after year. The goal should never be to just minimize revenue (trickle down economics....).

They aren't being traumatized, they're being brainwashed. When Timmy comes home and tells his parents he wants to be called Tamara, that's when you see the damage done. The "old" curriculum is ten years old. How much out of the loop am I that I didn't realize sex changed so much in the last decade.

This is crazy. You honestly think kids are just willingly coming home and changing their gender just because they were taught in school that people are able to do that? Should we stop teaching people about WWII just to make sure they don't come home and start rounding up the local Jews?

If Timmy comes home and wants to be Tamara, what's the damage? Who is hurt? If it makes them happy, who suffers? Transgender people are at high risk for suicide if they are not allowed to be who they are....who knew, living a lie is difficult.

People always joke about Liberals being a bunch of snowflakes, but people on the right are often the ones losing their minds over issues that just don't matter.

It is all abut NPV, the LCBO as an example has a much higher NPV as is vs sold. In the end the LCBO makes a LOT of money (profit, not talking alcohol taxes which are a wash either way) so selling it means a short windfall and long term revenue loss. The tax payers will have to anti-up the cost of the lost profits in either future tax hikes or larger deficits--selling it means lower taxes that year (sale year) and higher taxes until the end of time.

AND they can't sell it again the year after...
The LCBO delivers a dividend to the gov't which is basically a tax in disguise. Selling the LCBO as a monopoly would be like selling the 407 -- good plan when it was done, really messed by incompetent future regimes. It would be better to break the LCBO monopoly and allow independent retailers to truly compete. Also remember the LCBO is a gov't corporation -- you don't get private sector efficiency.

If you truly run a government like a business, you keep profitable divisions and divest non-profitable. Goal is to maximize revenue and lower costs (profits), year after year. The goal should never be to just minimize revenue (trickle down economics....).
Thats a private sector model -- it's reverse for public sector business.

Governments never get a mandate to operate a for-profit business. Sometimes they must operate a business in absence of willing private sector participants. In this case they generally give themselves a monopoly (LCBO, toll bridges, ferries, mail) but once a cost effective private sector option emerges -- it's time for govt to exit. In rare cases they become imprisoned, like Canada Post and the LCBO, that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for a way out.

This is crazy. You honestly think kids are just willingly coming home and changing their gender just because they were taught in school that people are able to do that? Should we stop teaching people about WWII just to make sure they don't come home and start rounding up the local Jews?

If Timmy comes home and wants to be Tamara, what's the damage? Who is hurt? If it makes them happy, who suffers? Transgender people are at high risk for suicide if they are not allowed to be who they are....who knew, living a lie is difficult.

People always joke about Liberals being a bunch of snowflakes, but people on the right are often the ones losing their minds over issues that just don't matter.

small minded conservatives - and I'm NOT saying they are all that
cry harder and experience deeper butthurt than any loonie lefty

I laughed my arse off at them in '15 when JT won a majority
what a sad display, too much American TV has ruined them

The LCBO delivers a dividend to the gov't which is basically a tax in disguise. Selling the LCBO as a monopoly would be like selling the 407 -- good plan when it was done, really messed by incompetent future regimes. It would be better to break the LCBO monopoly and allow independent retailers to truly compete. Also remember the LCBO is a gov't corporation -- you don't get private sector efficiency.

Thats a private sector model -- it's reverse for public sector business.

Governments never get a mandate to operate a for-profit business. Sometimes they must operate a business in absence of willing private sector participants. In this case they generally give themselves a monopoly (LCBO, toll bridges, ferries, mail) but once a cost effective private sector option emerges -- it's time for govt to exit. In rare cases they become imprisoned, like Canada Post and the LCBO, that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for a way out.

Call it what you want, that dividend is in addition to the liquor tax. Once the dividend is gone, the revenue from it is either lost OR other taxes are increased.... Yes we will be left with the liquor tax, but again we lose the dividend so it must be made up in some way...

Most of the 407 issues are all about the initial deal, and look how efficient it is run, how cheap it is...

While the government should not be going into new areas, and existing ones can always be run better. I will always side on me paying lower taxes, selling the LCBO (lottery, hydro, etc.) raises my tax burden. But hey, lets balance a budget for one year and screw generations afterwards all to support outdated dogma.

This is crazy. You honestly think kids are just willingly coming home and changing their gender just because they were taught in school that people are able to do that?
Some do. Some come home with spiderweb tattoos on their faces. Kids do those things, so what?

Should we stop teaching people about WWII just to make sure they don't come home and start rounding up the local Jews?
huh? This question makes no sense.

Agreed, who cares?

People always joke about Liberals being a bunch of snowflakes, but people on the right are often the ones losing their minds over issues that just don't matter.[/QUOTE]I don't think these are accurate stereotypes. People are passionate about their beliefs, some more than others. Fortunately the distribution of loonies is spread evenly across the political spectrum.

This is crazy. You honestly think kids are just willingly coming home and changing their gender just because they were taught in school that people are able to do that?
Some do. Some come home with spiderweb tattoos on their faces. Kids do those things, so what?

Should we stop teaching people about WWII just to make sure they don't come home and start rounding up the local Jews?
huh? This question makes no sense.

Agreed, who cares?

I don't think these are accurate stereotypes. People are passionate about their beliefs, some more than others. Fortunately the distribution of loonies is spread evenly across the political spectrum.

There are studies after studies now showing the negative results of these gender transitions in many (not all) cases. Some suggest the suicide rate goes higher. Many point to post op depression and regret.

Personally, i dont care what people do with their bodies. Im even pro assisted suicide. If youre an adult be whatever you wanna be and love whoever you want (as long as they're also adults). Your body, your life, your choice.

My issue is with the left's glorification of all this. Children are impressionable and soak up whatever their surroundings feed them. Media (t.v specially) has a HUGE influence on kids. Any reasonable person can agree to that. So now they are making heroes out of people who transitioned (like Bruce Jenner) and project it into every house through every media channel. And not just Transexuality but also homosexuality Then they tell parents in Canada that they cant even stop their child from making these decisions. Same kids who are too young to drive or buy a beer. But somehow they're old enough to make life altering and irreversible decisions by deforming their biology through operations and heavy drugs that in so many cases have led to regret, depression and suicide?

That's not progress. Thats manipulation of young minds backed by the heavy hand of the law to make sure no one can stop it ( again we already have a case of this in Canada).

You can go after our income, increase our taxes, increase our hydro bill and ... but stay away from our kids!

There are studies after studies now showing the negative results of these gender transitions in many (not all) cases. Some suggest the suicide rate goes higher. Many point to post op depression and regret.

Personally, i dont care what people do with their bodies. Im even pro assisted suicide. If youre an adult be whatever you wanna be and love whoever you want (as long as they're also adults). Your body, your life, your choice.

My issue is with the left's glorification of all this. Children are impressionable and soak up whatever their surroundings feed them. Media (t.v specially) has a HUGE influence on kids. Any reasonable person can agree to that. So now they are making heroes out of people who transitioned (like Bruce Jenner) and project it into every house through every media channel. And not just Transexuality but also homosexuality Then they tell parents in Canada that they cant even stop their child from making these decisions. Same kids who are too young to drive or buy a beer. But somehow they're old enough to make life altering and irreversible decisions by deforming their biology through operations and heavy drugs that in so many cases have led to regret, depression and suicide?

That's not progress. Thats manipulation of young minds backed by the heavy hand of the law to make sure no one can stop it ( again we already have a case of this in Canada).

You can go after our income, increase our taxes, increase our hydro bill and ... but stay away from our kids!

Links to these studies?

Links to these studies?

Fair point

Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden

Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...rise-assignment-men-women-trans-a7980416.html

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/03/experience-i-regret-transitioning

There were lots of other sources, some of which are more right leaning so i filtered those out to avoid accusations of bias. Tried to find academic research from one of the most "progressive" countries in the world and also the conclusions of professionals working in the field.

Again, IMO, as an adult, do whatever you like with our life/body. But if kids are too young to go to a club, drink, drive, own property and .... they sure are too young to make such massive life altering decisions and the government should have NO SAY in such matters. Yet they are taking away children from parents who refuse to conform to this insanity.

Last edited:

These people should be given psych evaluation before anything else.

There were lots of other sources, some of which are more right leaning so i filtered those out to avoid accusations of bias. Tried to find academic research from one of the most "progressive" countries in the world and also the conclusions of professionals working in the field.

Again, IMO, as an adult, do whatever you like with our life/body. But if kids are too young to go to a club, drink, drive, own property and .... they sure are too young to make such massive life altering decisions and the government should have NO SAY in such matters. Yet they are taking away children from parents who refuse to conform to this insanity.

In general, I agree here. I even feel like a person should wait 'till they're 25 or so - science, frontal lobe, development, I was an ******* 'till that age (at least!) - but I don't think teaching children between 10 and 13 (or whenever) that the LBGTQ community exists is necessarily a bad thing. Simply telling a kid that it's ok to be yourself, whomever that may be, should absolutely be how we go about all this.

In general, I agree here. I even feel like a person should wait 'till they're 25 or so - science, frontal lobe, development, I was an ******* 'till that age (at least!) - but I don't think teaching children between 10 and 13 (or whenever) that the LBGTQ community exists is necessarily a bad thing. Simply telling a kid that it's ok to be yourself, whomever that may be, should absolutely be how we go about all this.

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom