Anybody own a Kawasaki Z750S ?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody own a Kawasaki Z750S ??

GVH

Still deciding on what my ride will be this season. Mostly looking at 2007 Bandit 650, GSX650F sticking with FI bikes. The Kawasaki Z750S seems nice. More power, bigger tires but similar ergos. I remember someone on GTA had one. What was the bike like ?? the only complaints in any review was suspension limitations when treating it like a sport bike.

Thanks

$_59.JPG

I've ridden one once and only for about 20 minutes while a buddy tried my versys. The entire bike as a whole feels adequate if not exciting, ergos are good and with tubular bars easy to adjust. He parked his outside alot and the finish showed alot of fading.
Personally for the same riding experience only better, I'd price out the insurance on a honda cbf1000.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I spent 8 seasons on a 2001 Bandit 600 (previous gen to the Bandit 650/GSXF650) and they are excellent bikes. BULLETPROOF is an understatement, plenty of power for the street and the FI only makes it better, comfortable, plenty of farkles if you want to take it touring and the insurance is as low as you'll find on a sporty bike. I was paying $325/yr on mine for liability with $2 million worth of coverage. Lots of them available with low kms in excellent shape for a very fair price.

Still deciding on what my ride will be this season. Mostly looking at 2007 Bandit 650, GSX650F sticking with FI bikes. The Kawasaki Z750S seems nice. More power, bigger tires but similar ergos. I remember someone on GTA had one. What was the bike like ?? the only complaints in any review was suspension limitations when treating it like a sport bike.

Thanks

$_59.JPG

980ecc819596df8233cff43f325f0d70.jpeg

I had one of these, a 2004 model. The suspension was basic, could have been better but the bike gave me no problems. I put 20000kms on it, other than maintenance the bike never stranded me. As a commuter you can’t go wrong. With the right tires and proper suspension setup it’s not a bad bike to ride through some curves. It’s not a sports bike, but it was good solid transportation. When I traded it in, the dealership sold it the same day to a guy looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one (Z750S). Very good bike but the seat was nasty after several hours. An airhawk sorted that out. The stock exhaust is in just the right place to singe your pants and it gets super hot so I swapped that out for a cheapish carbon fibre slip on. Aside from that it was a great bike. Seemed plenty fast to me and the in-line 4 made a sweet noise with the slip on. I put an aftermarket rear shock on it (I think a 636 shock fits) and that also helped. As far as ergos goes, it was ok. Not sportsbike crouched or standard tall...somewhere inbetween. If you get one I have a spare seat for one as I was going to do a remodel with different padding but ended up selling the bike.

I had a 2001 Bandit 600 for a few years. Loved it. Then a DL650 because my wife said it had a better seat for her. Never went on the back. Last season an SV650N. Really liked it but just not what I was hoping for. I want to stay with fuel injection. This bike has most of the options I would install. As for suspension I'm older and slower these days so not a big deal.

I had a Z750 and thought it was a fun bike, used it both in the City and out in the rural areas a lot. I sold it to buy a Z1000 mainly because I'm lardy and often ride 2 up.

Thanks for repays. That one got snapped up. Found some others but less options and much farther away. Looking at a 2005 Yamaha FZ6 with lots of the options installed.

FZ6 is an excellent choice. Bargain price for quite a lot of a bike. Almost bought a nice used one if not for the lazy c...s at Envy Rides. Glad that dealership went belly up.

If you are looking at Bandits than why not the 2nd gen SV650?

Also check out the SV1000. They are a bit hard to find as not too many were sold but solid bikes too.

Thanks for repays. That one got snapped up. Found some others but less options and much farther away. Looking at a 2005 Yamaha FZ6 with lots of the options installed.

Well it got reposted. Three hour round trip to go see it. Nice enough bike. Similar to my Bandit. Two issues. First minor scratches on engine case from a stop light or driveway drop not mentioned. Second and more concerning front tire is warn out on one side only. Sitting on the bike left is bald in a line about halfway from middle. Right wouldn't pass safety but normal tired wear. For $3200 as is I want to know why. Maybe steering head bearings ??

Well it got reposted. Three hour round trip to go see it. Nice enough bike. Similar to my Bandit. Two issues. First minor scratches on engine case from a stop light or driveway drop not mentioned. Second and more concerning front tire is warn out on one side only. Sitting on the bike left is bald in a line about halfway from middle. Right wouldn't pass safety but normal tired wear. For $3200 as is I want to know why. Maybe steering head bearings ??

Tire wear to the left of middle is normal. Roads in Ontario are crowned in the middle, so you're always riding on "slanted" to the right pavement. Most used bikes that come in with worn tires, are worn more on the left side.

Forks could be slightly twisted in the triple tree. Easy fix. Rear wheel might not be aligned properly. Not likely to be a big deal imo.

Tire wear to the left of middle is normal. Roads in Ontario are crowned in the middle, so you're always riding on "slanted" to the right pavement. Most used bikes that come in with worn tires, are worn more on the left side.

Sorry, don't buy that. Contact patch is tiny and even assuming there's a consistent slant on all Ontario roads, we'd be talking about a microscopic difference.

Did you see this one posted today?

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki versys 2011,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*3,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Yes. Very nice looking. Similar to my DL650 for style. Found a cosmetically rough 2007 ninja 650 for cheap. Also found an early 2000s bandit 600 fully optioned but a little high priced. It has been sitting 3 years but he thinks the tires and battery should be fine. So tires, battery, carb clean sync ... Not hard to hit $1000.

Back
Top Bottom