parking bike at airport for a week...yes or no? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

parking bike at airport for a week...yes or no?

If gatekeeper doesn't work out give me a PM. I'm under a flight path and see the wheels down. Depending on HOW early you MIGHT get a lift to the A/P. The car can sit out for a week and the wing might enjoy company.

Adder: Parking a bike at the A/P? Might as well put a "Free Bike" sign on it.

Last edited:
I think it would be best to stay overnight near the airport for an early departure if you are coming from far away. The transit services won't even be operating at the times that you'll need them. The hotels near YYZ all have shuttle buses to and from the airport. Staying overnight near the airport also minimizes the risk of things going wrong (traffic delays, etc).

If I have a 6:15 departure, I'm up at 4 AM and I only have a 20 minute drive to YYZ. Check-in closes an hour before departure and you need time to get to check-in and through security. They say to arrive 3 hours before international departures, 2 hours is good, I cut it closer because I'm used to how long the process takes and I'm generally not checking any luggage for those flights (business trips).

+1 on the Hotel.

Hotels like the alt offer free indoor parking, stay one night park for 15 days.

https://www.althotels.com/en/torontoairport/offers/20/one-night-stay-with-15-nights-parking

$349/night!

($410 w/taxes!)

This ain’t Vietnam bro!!

One night stay at $349, fourteen days free parking thrown in.

I did four day parking at Pearson for $150 last week.

One night stay with 8 free day parking for $259 plus tax sounds a little better.

Last edited:
yup
or fly Porter from the island airport and skip YYZ all together
shorter commute, quicker check in, great service
only downside is being turboprop aircraft, it does add a bit of time in the air

Ft lauderdale or Miami not on Porters flight route, you can get into West Palm, but thats a ways away from south of Miami. I think Pearson may be the easier end to be closer to where she wants to go.

GTAM = GTA Millionaires.com

I appreciate the replys but I gotta side with gene here. 100 bucks,150 bucks, this is not a small amount of money.Dayum, you guys got coin! Looking up via now.....cheapest is "escape" at 35 bucks from port hope,seems to be cheaper from cobourg. Earliest train is 7.00 am-ish.

Train is about 1 and a quarter hours at the shortest and 1.5 hours longest to union. It looks like driving the car and park n fly for the week for about 60 bucks for the week may be the way to go.....or just hop on the bike and ride down, the most fun option.. : )

Check out "Park for U" ( https://www.parkforu.com/ ). Call them to see if they can accommodate a motorcycle indoors. They are very inexpensive but you will have to see whether they can arrange a shuttle from their location to your terminal (their SOP is to drive you to/from the terminal in your vehicle).

Ft lauderdale or Miami not on Porters flight route, you can get into West Palm, but thats a ways away from south of Miami. I think Pearson may be the easier end to be closer to where she wants to go.

they've been serving FLL for several years
albeit with a connecting flight
but the advantage is the island airport

Attachments

• porter (Small).JPG
    porter (Small).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Look at parksleepfly for hotels with parking rates. Also have a quick look at Watertown airport in the US. I think they have a connecting service to Chicago and have a budget airline flying out of there. Really weird times though I think.

It's like everything else in life; do you want to keep it or lose it? If it's a new Hayabusa then no you don't want to take a chance to either losing it or having it vandalized. If it's something you have been trying to sell without success, needs $$$ of work or is worth practically nothing, then if it does get stolen you might get something from insurance.

Back
Top Bottom