Scotland? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Scotland?

Re: Scotland?

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack.

I haven’t posted here for a while as I retired last year and just spent 9 months in Europe. I just shipped my GS as it was cheaper than renting/buying and I just came back on Monday.

I know this is a little late now, but I will say if anyone is going to Scotland, you would be remiss not to go to Ireland. I found the scenery nicer, the food better, the people much more open and friendly and the roads way more fun.

But… one of the reasons I went to Europe was to watch some motorcycle racing. I was able to get to a number of Moto GP’s and WSB races, but what really blew me away was “Real Road Racing” in Ireland. I went to the North West 200, Skerries 100 and the Ulster Grand Prix – also the Isle of Man TT.

I don’t know how the **** they do it. It must be genetic as they are clearly not normal human beings.

If anyone is heading across the pond in 2019, August 8-10 is the Ulster Grand Prix. If you are into motorcycle racing its something to experience and only a short ferry ride.

This was a bucket list thing for me, I’m 51 so I don’t know how much more time I have left, but I was glad I was able to see this. In fact, I’m already pricing fights for next August

Other highlights were MotoGP at Aragon and Valencia. I have to say that the Spanish people were almost as nice as the Irish

snort 51 ...hey junior - I'm 71 and still riding on two continents.

For sure Irish road racers are a breed apart

This movie is incredible.

Thanks for tip on Ireland ...on our bucket list.

Some good road racing in Australia as well.

https://www.ma.org.au/competition/road-racing/

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Feb to May
    Canada > 2018 CB500x 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold 10 Wee ABS x 2 both sold
    Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
    Travel photos>https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/ya9jsh6a

Fantastic write up Thx for sharing even though it happened 6 months ago ... better late than never

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post
    Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack.

I haven’t posted here for a while as I retired last year and just spent 9 months in Europe. I just shipped my GS as it was cheaper than renting/buying and I just came back on Monday.

I know this is a little late now, but I will say if anyone is going to Scotland, you would be remiss not to go to Ireland. I found the scenery nicer, the food better, the people much more open and friendly and the roads way more fun.

But… one of the reasons I went to Europe was to watch some motorcycle racing. I was able to get to a number of Moto GP’s and WSB races, but what really blew me away was “Real Road Racing” in Ireland. I went to the North West 200, Skerries 100 and the Ulster Grand Prix – also the Isle of Man TT.

I don’t know how the **** they do it. It must be genetic as they are clearly not normal human beings.

If anyone is heading across the pond in 2019, August 8-10 is the Ulster Grand Prix. If you are into motorcycle racing its something to experience and only a short ferry ride.

This was a bucket list thing for me, I’m 51 so I don’t know how much more time I have left, but I was glad I was able to see this. In fact, I’m already pricing fights for next August

Other highlights were MotoGP at Aragon and Valencia. I have to say that the Spanish people were almost as nice as the Irish
    9 months is a no brainer to ship the bike over, sounds like a dream, Europe is such a great place to travel, so much history. I did a solo back packing trip back in 2001 for 4 months. By chance I ended up in Ireland for a mere 3 days taking the boat from France to Rosslare Harbour. Ireland was one of the highlights of my trips and it was such a short visit. Would definitely love to ride there and give the whole island a tour. Plotted out a trip from England to Ireland and then out to Scotland and Wales, another in the long list of trips I hope to one day take.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Fantastic write up Thx for sharing even though it happened 6 months ago ... better late than never
    Thanks!

We've had a busy summer. Bought our first house and took possession 2 weeks before this trip and have been working or racing every weekend until November. Mostly took a long time to go through video, as I have 10x as much as what I uploaded.
    Pro #25
    NEWMANRACING.COM
    YOUTUBE.COM/N3WMAN13
    Latest blog post: HERE

Nice read, thanks.......UK is on the must do list!

Those western Scotland roads and gorgeous....but vera narrow.

The army convoy was rather tricky.

The scenery spectacular.

the road hazards unique.

have fun

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Feb to May
    Canada > 2018 CB500x 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold 10 Wee ABS x 2 both sold
    Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
    Travel photos>https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/ya9jsh6a