Opinions | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinions

I call “********” on the complete thread! If the poster can afford the insurance on any of the discussed bikes he/she can afford to buy a new version of most of them. Remember we are talking about thousands of dollars a year. Judging by the spelling errors I can only assume the poster is younger than fifty, so realistically could not afford the insurance bill, but if they could, they could afford a new Bike.

Lol wow you're something special eh?

I've already looked into insurance and it's not that big a deal but thx for the heads up.

Spelling errors could be due to typing from my phone. However not sure how it makes a difference. Oh and I'm 38.

Yes it's kilometers not dollars.

I do appreciate all the other posts though so thx.

I now own Lightcycle MV F4 and even though it is a great bike to look at, it is not a great bike to ride. It is heavy, fuelling is not very good and it has the worse ergonomics of any bike that I have ridden. If you are on a budget, get the Suzuki...

Just got done checking out the MV F4 and WOW is it a beautiful bike!!!

It's cold here so couldn't ride it but thoroughly checked it out started it up and talked for a bit. He is definitely a seller and asked me to make an offer a couple times but I'm still hesitant...

Called insurance for a quick quote and they gave me a price of $140 monthly and I'm not too happy with that so habe to call back later and see what can be done.

Lol wow you're something special eh?

I've already looked into insurance and it's not that big a deal but thx for the heads up.

Spelling errors could be due to typing from my phone. However not sure how it makes a difference. Oh and I'm 38.

Yes it's kilometers not dollars.

I do appreciate all the other posts though so thx.

that guy went off on a few of us while back

a rant about preferring impotence
to high insurance costs

it was awesome

Just got done checking out the MV F4 and WOW is it a beautiful bike!!!

It's cold here so couldn't ride it but thoroughly checked it out started it up and talked for a bit. He is definitely a seller and asked me to make an offer a couple times but I'm still hesitant...

Called insurance for a quick quote and they gave me a price of $140 monthly and I'm not too happy with that so habe to call back later and see what can be done.

Depending on your experience, location and the company $140/month doesnt sound too far off.

I now own Lightcycle MV F4 and even though it is a great bike to look at, it is not a great bike to ride. It is heavy...

:confused: you consider ~425 lbs to be heavy for a 4 cylinder 1000cc street legal motorcycle?

I didn't ride it but I did sit on it and it didn't feel all that heavy. My last bike was a 2006 cbr1000rr and the mv felt smaller at least but I'm not too sure on the weight. I'm not sure how 10-50 lbs is going to effect daily riding or even spirited weekend rides.

What do you guys think is a reasonable offer if I were to put in one?

He is asking 8900. While there he asked me to make an offer a couple different times. I don't think his asking is too high and it will need to be sold with a valid safety and uvip which he said is no problem...

I can't imagine offering anything less then 8k imo.

The bike comes in at 485LB wet. Mine has just under 25000km on it and not a single issue and a Friend's bike is now at over 40,000kms and the only issue was a stator that let go. $140 for insurance is not bad.

If you want something with cool points, why not look at a vintage bike? On a 1-10 scale, most 2000 and up sportbikes will only reach a 5 on the cool scale. Roll in on a vintages and you'll be the center of attention wherever you stop. In yur budget range you can find 60-70's CB750SS, Kawi H2, KZ1000, RD, Bonneville, BMW R75, Norton Commando. If you're feeling crazy, there are really unique bikes like CBX1000, KZ1300, RE5, Kawi H2 Triple, Enfields, Dneprs & Urals.

Parts are widely available, most are simple designs that are easy to repair. A lot of Honda are available in restomod and well restored condition for way below whatthe cost to build. Insure them for a few hundred a year.

Then buy a dependable current model sport bike that provides he performance and dependability for daily needs.

What do you guys think is a reasonable offer if I were to put in one?

He is asking 8900. While there he asked me to make an offer a couple different times. I don't think his asking is too high and it will need to be sold with a valid safety and uvip which he said is no problem...

I can't imagine offering anything less then 8k imo.

I would try a lower offer than 8k. you can always go up. not a lot of folks with 8k to spend on a used bike. most would buy new with that amount as down payment?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom