Opinions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinions

perferd

Buying a bike soon these are on my radar...

2010 mv f4...9500k
2008 gsxr1000...12k
2007 r1...30k
2007 rsv 1000r...35k
2005 rsv factory...32k
2004 rc51...28k

Any opinions would be appreciated. Theu are all on kijiji hell you might even know 1 or more of the bikes lol

Somebody wants to go fast :D

Italian or Japanese <- have you ridden both? They are unique enough to almost be in 2 different classes. Be aware that if you expect to be stuck in slow moving traffic a lot, some if not most of those bikes may have a tendency to over-heat.

Buy the RC51 if you can justify the $$$ and its in good shape.
Ride it, enjoy it, when you're done you'll likely sell for more than you paid.
I doubt you can say that about any of the others.
I wouldn't touch an MV with a 10 foot pole.

oh ya, & check the insurance rates first, most companies won't touch an MV with a 10 foot pole either.
... although based on this list I think you are going to need deep pockets regardless of which one you choose.

Never ridden an Italian bike outside of a monster a few times. Have owned a 636, 10r, and a cbr1000rr. BTW I'm in Windsor there is no traffic lol

My faves on the list are the mv cause it might be one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. Then the rc51 but owner wants way too much imo. Next would be the aprilias.

Highest priced is the rc51 at 9200 the cheapest are both the aprilias at 6500 and the rest are in between...

Just be aware Euro bikes can be temperamental. If you`re okay with that go nuts, they look sweet.

Why no Ducati?

The 2 Ducatis I was looking at were just out of my price range at 10500 and 9500. My limit is 9 and that's pushing it.

In the beginning of my search Ducati and aprilia were the only bikes I was looking for but they are few and far between for my limitations. That's why most of the bike are older with lots of mileage...

I own an F3 and absolutely love it, suspension, brakes, stock tires and road handling is superlative. Fairing is better suited to racing then street (is kind of hard to ride a sportbike with your belly on the tank and not totally look like you are street racing) Break-in was significant with that engine and I would be slightly concerned with not being the original owner. Definitely prone to over-heating in the absence of speedy forward motion. Battery is a little under-sized (MV takes their race performance very seriously and were obviously going for light weight) :| but they do bump start real easy.
:D does awesome wheelie catwalks, too bad that is considered illegal.
MV uses a lot of spline fasteners, you need to buy some extra tools.
Never adjust the chain tension without using a torque wrench or you can totally destroy the rear hub bearings (something to look out for on a used one)
Rear view mirrors suck, I put a rear facing video camera on mine and that helps a little.

Lol you tell me to stay away but then tell.me how kuch you love your bike. I am supposed to go look at the mv tomorrow but I am pretty nervous about it because of all the horror stories...

Just be aware Euro bikes can be temperamental. If you`re okay with that go nuts, they look sweet.
Define temperamental :| that's too much like a Euro dirtbike rider saying that Japanese bikes don't handle.

Lol you tell me to stay away but then tell.me how kuch you love your bike. I am supposed to go look at the mv tomorrow but I am pretty nervous about it because of all the horror stories...

Once you discard all the opinions from people who have never owned one their reputation improves drastically.

Well I'm going t9 look at it tomorrow. Not sure how that's going to help me cause I'll probably fall in love with it lol.

I really wish the rc51 was better priced cause I would have bought it already.

I don't have much to choose from with my parameters Ser on kijiji but at least I habe these lol

Define temperamental :| that's too much like a Euro dirtbike rider saying that Japanese bikes don't handle.

I don't dirt, so i couldn't relate.

Based on my personal interaction with owners and a few rides, they seem less reliable overall then the Japanese offerings.

Wouldn't bother me one bit, happy to pay to play. My next bike will almost certainly be Euro. Modern ones look like works of art and damn if they don't have character.

RC51 should be at around $4,000 - $5,000. If it's the Hayden edition (aesthetic difference only) probably on the upper end of the scale. The seller is a joker. Also remember that it's a bike designed in the 90's. A bit outdated compared to the modern litre line-up. For $9,000 you can find something 10 years newer.

Last edited:
The MV F4 looks amazing but it is a pig. MV Agusta never overhauled the original F4 which came out in 1998. Instead, they increased the engine displacement and output and made incremental improvements. Any literbike from any other manufacturer from the same year will be much more lighter and agile because they've been clean-sheet re-designed.

Still a sexy-looking bike though.

The 07 R1 is still a beautiful looking bike, but doesn't hold many posing points nowadays.

08 gsx1000 good bike that does everything.

RC51, great to look at, that's about it.

Used Italian bikes are in the same category as used German cars....

I think the price was mostly based on Hayden dieing and someone might buy it to store it thinking it will be worth a fortune later. If I was pressed I would pay around 7k for it just cause I like it. Even that might be more then other would be willing to pay lol. Regardless I don't think it's a real option.

I am set for bikes inly in Ontario but if I opened it up to Canada wide a lot more bikes pop up but that makes things pretty tough...

I'm not looking for points or to be cool or what not lol. I just want something different as I've already gone the Honda kawi way. There is nothing wrong with them and I am not against getting another but I really just want something different...

Back
Top Bottom