FZ09/10 Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ09/10 Insurance

Mr.K

Site Supporter
Hi All,

I am thinking of switching to riding an FZ09 or FZ10, and I keep getting quotes for them that are pretty much equal (or very close) to what I'm paying for my CBR1000RR.

I've checked with Dalton Timmis, who I've dealt with in the past.

Rates are as follows:

2016 Yamaha R6 (599cc; $8,000 purchase price)
=$1,853 per year

2016 Yamaha R1 (998cc, $15,000 purchase price)
=2,562 per year

2016 Yamaha FZ09 (847 cc, $8,000 purchase price)
=$2,207 per year

2017 Yamaha FZ10 (998 cc, $13,000 purchase price)
=$2,463 per year

2016 Triumph Street Triple 675 R (675cc, $10,000 purchase price)
=$1,989 per year

Are there other suggestions for places that would offer a lower rate? I'm weighing my options and Allstate can give me a better rate for the CBR1000RR, to the point where switching to a non-SS bike doesn't save any money, and would be just a comfort vs performance debate.

For reference, I'm 30, have my Full M, and a clean record.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I am thinking of switching to riding an FZ09 or FZ10, and I keep getting quotes for them that are pretty much equal (or very close) to what I'm paying for my CBR1000RR.

Rates are as follows:

=$1,853 per year

=2,562 per year

=$2,207 per year

=$2,463 per year

=$1,989 per year

Are there other suggestions for places that would offer a lower rate? I'm weighing my options and Allstate can give me a better rate for the CBR1000RR, to the point where switching to a non-SS bike doesn't save any money, and would be just a comfort vs performance debate.

Thanks in advance!

May I ask who you're insured with for your CBR presently ? Also, the rates in your post, who is the insurer and is it for a standalone policy or a home/auto/motorcycle bundle ? Thanks!

Only others that I can think of are TD and Wawanessa. I would give Chris or Paul South a call for Wawanessa.

May I ask who you're insured with for your CBR presently ? Also, the rates in your post, who is the insurer and is it for a standalone policy or a home/auto/motorcycle bundle ? Thanks!

Only others that I can think of are TD and Wawanessa. I would give Chris or Paul South a call for Wawanessa.

I am currently with Northbridge for my CBR1000RR and my car, and the cost is $2500 per year for just the bike. The quote I got from Allstate was about $1700 for the CBR, and the car insurance is cheaper as well.

The quotes posted were provided by Dalton Timmis, and I'm assuming they're Northbridge as the underwriter (they didn't specify).

I'll shoot Chris/Paul South a message and see what they can do. Thanks for the tip!

I am currently with Northbridge for my CBR1000RR and my car, and the cost is $2500 per year for just the bike. The quote I got from Allstate was about $1700 for the CBR, and the car insurance is cheaper as well.

The quotes posted were provided by Dalton Timmis, and I'm assuming they're Northbridge as the underwriter (they didn't specify).

I'll shoot Chris/Paul South a message and see what they can do. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks. I recently switched to Allstate as well and am paying around the same - 1.7k for CBR1000RR. Had to bundle up though.

Hi All,

Rates are as follows:

=$1,853 per year

=2,562 per year

=$2,207 per year

=$2,463 per year

=$1,989 per year

Thanks in advance!

Try Mitchell and Whale, I'm paying less for an FZ9 then that.

Have you tried Desjardins? For reference I’m a new rider with M2 on a VFR 800 for $1,153 per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried Desjardins? For reference I’m a new rider with M2 on a VFR 800 for $1,153 per year.

Ah yes, Desjardin has good rates for sport touring motorcycles. $1153 for a new rider with M2 on an 800cc bike is extremely good. May I ask if you're 30+ years old ? For my 650cc Kawasaki ER6n, Desjardin quoted almost $1500 last year. This is despite me being full M licensed and having motorcycle insurance for over a year, but I'm in my late 20s.

Ah yes, Desjardin has good rates for sport touring motorcycles. $1153 for a new rider with M2 on an 800cc bike is extremely good. May I ask if you're 30+ years old ? For my 650cc Kawasaki ER6n, Desjardin quoted almost $1500 last year. This is despite me being full M licensed and having motorcycle insurance for over a year, but I'm in my late 20s.

I was happy with my rate for sure after hearing multiple horror stories. I’m early 40’s and live in the sticks.

I was happy with my rate for sure after hearing multiple horror stories. I’m early 40’s and live in the sticks.

Thanks. I suppose that explains it. Being 30 and over with a clean record seems to be the sweet spot for motorcycle insurance in the GTA.

yeah that looks high for an FZ09 @Mr.K

I ride the FJ version of that bike
with 2 speedings on me I'm a grand less than that price - full coverage
also with M&W....highly recommended

Desjardins won't insure some supersports and hooligan class bikes. I was with them for years, had to move my bikes elsewhere as they flat out refused to write insurance for my SS.

I have an FZ-09 and an FZ1, both cost exactly the same for insurance, under 500/yr per with the Personal.

I have an FZ-09 and an FZ1, both cost exactly the same for insurance, under 500/yr per with the Personal.

Age?

I did a quote on the Mitchell and Whale site, and it came out cheaper than the previous quotes. It looks like it will be about $1300 for the year on an FZ09. I was expecting a bit cheaper still, but I guess that's not bad. I'm going to see what other factors may drop it more.

Under 500/yr? You must be 60 living in the Yukon.

just called the personal for a quote. since I don't have any professional designations, they directed me to desjardins who gave me the same $1k+ quotes they've always given me

Age?

I did a quote on the Mitchell and Whale site, and it came out cheaper than the previous quotes. It looks like it will be about $1300 for the year on an FZ09. I was expecting a bit cheaper still, but I guess that's not bad. I'm going to see what other factors may drop it more.

Over 30, clean record.

Under 500/yr? You must be 60 living in the Yukon.

Stoney Creek

Liability only ?

Yes, I think it jumped to just under 7 with full coverage

just called the personal for a quote. since I don't have any professional designations, they directed me to desjardins who gave me the same $1k+ quotes they've always given me

The professional designation is probably key with the Personal. Sorry, I forgot about that...

Over 30, clean record.

Stoney Creek

Yes, I think it jumped to just under 7 with full coverage

The professional designation is probably key with the Personal. Sorry, I forgot about that...

almost brand new bikes, you are over 30 and it's only 700 for full coverage, WOW....your still half of what most of the guys are getting...

I am well over 30, clean record, bike is over 10 years old and I am over a grand a year for full coverage....

Seriously some of us get hosed.......

almost brand new bikes, you are over 30 and it's only 700 for full coverage, WOW....your still half of what most of the guys are getting...

I am well over 30, clean record, bike is over 10 years old and I am over a grand a year for full coverage....

Seriously some of us get hosed.......

It's a FZ1 not a FZ10 - the FZ1 is a 2008, but yes the '09 is a fairly new bike...

I could only assume though the FZ10 would cost the same to insure as it's in the same cc bracket.

The personal is very picky about what they will insure. I'd rather have a ZX14 as the commuter bike instead of the FZ1 but they wont insure it and I'm not willing to pay the premiums of the companies that will...

Last edited:
Currently have a FZ09 i pay $977 a year Aviva/Paul South full coverage.

Previous bikes 03 FZ1, 00 ZX9, 00 VFR i was always paying around the same.

Back
Top Bottom