Looking to get a new helmet for my bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to get a new helmet for my bike

Viper_05

Picked up an 08 gsxr 600. I'm looking to get a new helmet and im out of the loop on where to pick one up or what websites would you recommend that are local or american but without hassles if i need to return it.

Has helmet tech changed a lot in the last 8 yrs? What should i be looking for in a helmet or what would you recommend. Looking to spend anywhere from 150-250

Thanks!

Picked up an 08 gsxr 600. I'm looking to get a new helmet and im out of the loop on where to pick one up or what websites would you recommend that are local or american but without hassles if i need to return it.

Has helmet tech changed a lot in the last 8 yrs? What should i be looking for in a helmet or what would you recommend. Looking to spend anywhere from 150-250

Thanks!
"Looking to get a new helmet for my bike" - Why does you bike need a helmet???

GP Bikes in Ajax has a lot of variety in stock. Their prices may not be the best, but they're reasonable, and going to a brick and mortar store gives you the opportunity to actually try them on and see what fits your head (and budget). gpbikes.com

motorcycle shops are probably the best places to go look at and buy motorcycle helmets

edit: and you've been a forum member for 14 years?

On a sub $250 helmet, return shipping to the US will kill any savings you thought you had. I would support a local physical shop with this purchase as you won't save that much online and helmets fit is a very personal thing.

Make sure you get professionally fitted before website shopping. If the dealer who fits you has what you want, buuy it there -- you won't save a whole lot online.

Remember it's your head. Hopefully your helmet will live a long life without being called to duty, if called you don't want a sloppy fit to compromise the outcome.

As others have said it's best to purchase a helmet at a brick and mortar store so you can make sure it fits well. I currently have an HJC CL-17 which is in the price range you mentioned and I'm pleased with the helmet overall. For my next helmet I will likely be looking at something priced similarly which offers the built in drop down sun visor as well.

Happy motoring.

I bought a new helmet in late December. It was a Schuberth and only 1 store carries in GTA. Tried it on, and if the salesperson wasn't such a goof-ball, I would have paid $900 -ish plus tax. Instead bought online for almost 1/2 that as I knew what size I needed. GP had a pretty good helmet sale on last summer. There were some killer deals.

I bought a new helmet in late December. It was a Schuberth and only 1 store carries in GTA. Tried it on, and if the salesperson wasn't such a goof-ball, I would have paid $900 -ish plus tax. Instead bought online for almost 1/2 that as I knew what size I needed. GP had a pretty good helmet sale on last summer. There were some killer deals.

What site?

motorcycle shops are probably the best places to go look at and buy motorcycle helmets

edit: and you've been a forum member for 14 years?

Yea..something happend to my post count. I was quite the post whore back in the day. I also know i could go to a shop just didn't know who has the best selection, also shops close down all the time. Just wanted new info on what store would be the best

Yea..something happend to my post count. I was quite the post whore back in the day. I also know i could go to a shop just didn't know who has the best selection, also shops close down all the time. Just wanted new info on what store would be the best

cool.....my post sounds belittling, not intentional
would also recommend GP Bikes for large selection of different manufacturers and styles
helmet fit is a very personal thing, more to it than just size
so what some here recommend, may not be suitable for you
you really gotta try a helmet on

Back
Top Bottom