Looking for usb "Fast Charger" | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for usb "Fast Charger"

itsme

Hi guys,

I am looking for a usb charger to do fast charging (new phones feature). Everything I find online is 5V output with 2 or 3+ amp and they call them "fast charging USBs"!

Fast charging means 9V on USB. Do you guys know where I can find a real 12v to 5V/9V USB (on holder preferebly) with resonable price?

thanks,

I haven't seen a charger that does what you ask. I use Anker chargers and have for years with good success (A 4 port for travel, a 5 port and 2 6 ports in the house, 2 2 ports in the car). IME, the 3+ amp ones match the speed of the factory Samsung rapid chargers. Keep in mind that the harder you hammer your battery, the faster it degrades.

EDIT:

Looking into it more, technically the Anker chargers give you up to 12V on the Quick Charge 3.0 plugs.

Quick Charge 3.0 Output :3.6-6.5V=3A, 6.5-9V=2A, 9-12V=1.5A

It looks like USB C can give you up to 30W per outlet from Anker. Not sure what voltage/amperage that is running.

Last edited:
sorry. But thats what I was saying. Adaptor needs to be smart and switch to higher voltage when cell phone supports that. Take a look at voltages column of this:
View attachment 39237

So just look for Quick Charge 3.0. If they are paying the licensing fee, it should work. Ultimately, the end user shouldn't care what voltage charging is occurring at, the number of watts through the cable is what matters (which looks like it maxes out at ~18 for USB-A and at least double that for USB-C).

If the phone you're using supports the QC3.0 system, there are cigarette lighter chargers on the market that support that...simply search for "QC3.0".

IIRC there's a few competing "fast charge" systems out there now so you need to make sure you're buying a charger that is compatible with the standard your phone uses otherwise the handshake (and step up to the faster rates) won't take place.

ok guys. I found what I was looking for! with little work, I can build a good one:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-QC3-0-2...d55aa31fb:g:F0kAAOSw~vpaTaRl&autorefresh=true

Haha, nothing says well engineered like a "big current inductor", "capacitor array capacitors" and SMB devices.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Ever heard the maxim 'Haste makes waste'
:I bet you end up significantly shortening the life of your battery.

Ever heard the maxim 'Haste makes waste'
:I bet you end up significantly shortening the life of your battery.
Not really. The device he's using was designed for this, not going to hurt it.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom