eBay Integrated Tail Light problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

eBay Integrated Tail Light problem

The plug on the right looks as though it fits into the plug on the left. The other bullet connectors likely run to the supply for the rear signals.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Oh right, duh. Not sure :(

I think TST integrated tail light is like $70 and it likely has the proper wiring (i had their version for the R3). Worst case, if you`re willing to return/sell yours.

Oh right, duh. Not sure :(

I think TST integrated tail light is like $70 and it likely has the proper wiring (i had their version for the R3). Worst case, if you`re willing to return/sell yours.

Yeahhh no.

Going to have a buddy solder it for me.

BUMP.

So we soldered the wiring from the OEM onto the one I got from eBay. It lights up when braking, and idling. But when you try to signal it does not blink, it just stays lit which would not be safe to use on the roads.

Is there anything I could have done wrong? Besides ordering a eBay tail light :D? I'm out of ideas here, thanks.

Will probably be looking at purchasing a proper tail light for my bike, 2014 ninja 300. Recommend me some.

The indicator lights up solid and stays? Huh. no idea.

Well as i recommended before, TST's integrated tail for 300s is $76.

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Integrated-Tail-Light-Kawasaki-2013-2016-Ninja-300.html

Direct plug and play, if its anything like the one i had for my R3 from them theres a bunch of ways to setup the brake and signal sequences, comes in smoked or clear versions.

Also don't forget to pickup a relay from somewhere (TST sells one as well), plug and play into your harness or all LED signals will blink way too fast.

BUMP.

So we soldered the wiring from the OEM onto the one I got from eBay. It lights up when braking, and idling. But when you try to signal it does not blink, it just stays lit which would not be safe to use on the roads.

Is there anything I could have done wrong? Besides ordering a eBay tail light :D? I'm out of ideas here, thanks.

Will probably be looking at purchasing a proper tail light for my bike, 2014 ninja 300. Recommend me some.

Are you saying that when selecting (let's say) left turn, the turn signal function of the tail light (amber) is on, and the front amber signal is on, and the indicator on the instrument panel is on, but they do not flash? In other words, the selection of tail - brake - turn is correct, the only fault is that the indicator (none of them) does not flash? (If otherwise, please explain)

What do you have for front signals? Stock (incandescent bulb) or is it an LED front signal as well?

If you have LED front and rear, and you have a stock flasher relay, the LEDs are using so little power that the flasher relay doesn't even realize that anything is happening.

You need to change to a LED-compatible flasher relay.

Or ditch all this ebay crap. The bike doesn't work any better with ebay crap installed than it did stock, and in some ways it's worse ...

BUMP.

support your local bike shops.

Back
Top Bottom