any 360 degree dash cams? | GTAMotorcycle.com

any 360 degree dash cams?

Ashtonator

I know there are cameras like the Samsung 360 that can record videos from all angles simultaneously but are there any dash cams that can do the same thing while overwriting the old footage in a continuous manner possibly with a G sensor?

I know there are cameras like the Samsung 360 that can record videos from all angles simultaneously but are there any dash cams that can do the same thing while overwriting the old footage in a continuous manner possibly with a G sensor?

Where are you mounting it? The problem with 360 cameras is that much of their view is likely blocked and the ability to pick out details such as plate numbers isn't great due to the huge FOV.

To answer your question, I don't know about 360 dashcams. I run forward cams only, if I was going to add more, I would buy some of the $25 cameras linked in another thread.

Where are you mounting it? The problem with 360 cameras is that much of their view is likely blocked and the ability to pick out details such as plate numbers isn't great due to the huge FOV.

To answer your question, I don't know about 360 dashcams. I run forward cams only, if I was going to add more, I would buy some of the $25 cameras linked in another thread.

Just under the rear view mirror. And yeah some of it will be blocked but it will still pick up the main movements like if a car rams into you from behind or if someone plows into your lane and hits you from the sides.

Problem with seperate front and rear camera are that they will still miss the sides. I recently got into an accident when then guy was changing lanes without looking and side swiped me and was trying to lie at the collision centre.

Luckily the rest positions of our cars afterwards was clear enough that i could prove he was at fault but you dont always get that lucky.

hence why im thinking of getting a 360 cam

360 cam would be perfect for scenarios like that, also for parking.

Talk about a gold mine for cops. They can see everything you have done in your car since the loop. Who hasn't touched their phone in the last ~12 hours of driving?

! lol lol
Well im hoping there is a very quick 'erase all' button! Im not even kidding

Talk about a gold mine for cops. They can see everything you have done in your car since the loop. Who hasn't touched their phone in the last ~12 hours of driving?
Me. I never touch my phone while driving. Ever. Period.
No I'm not a saint, I will lose my job if I'm caught with a distracted driving ticket, or any of a hundred other tickets. I also enjoy cheap insurance rates.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom