Ducati ECU flash to disable immobilizer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati ECU flash to disable immobilizer?

samiam

Hello,

wondering if anyone local (in ontario), flashes ecu's?

I have a 2010 ducati monster 696, purchased it dropped with a shattered cluster (previous owner discarded the original cluster before i got it). I've bought a replacement cluster but bike wont start as key/cluster dont match.

wondering if anyone programs ecu's and is able to disable the immobilizer..

thanks

Check with GP Bikes or Ken Livingstone (Ken's Motoworks), but I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the 'red key' or 'credit card' then you have to buy a new ECU.
Anyone else with more knowledge about these things ?

Check with GP Bikes or Ken Livingstone (Ken's Motoworks), but I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the 'red key' or 'credit card' then you have to buy a new ECU.
Thanks TK4. I didn't get the code card and only have one key. I'll try Ken to see if he has a possible work around.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

You can't flash the ecu to reset the security. Its stored on a chip in the cluster. You can send the cluster away to get it the chip removed and reprogrammed. I think its about $500usd. I don't think dealerships can even do it. Without the code card you're hooped. If you can contact the guy you got the cluster from and get the code, you can reprogram it to your key.
I've got an 1198 and have reprogrammed my ecu, no security on it.

You can't flash the ecu to reset the security. Its stored on a chip in the cluster. You can send the cluster away to get it the chip removed and reprogrammed. I think its about $500usd. I don't think dealerships can even do it. Without the code card you're hooped. If you can contact the guy you got the cluster from and get the code, you can reprogram it to your key.
I've got an 1198 and have reprogrammed my ecu, no security on it.
Well, I just ordered a "race" ecu from eBay (literally 10 minutes ago), apparently the immobilizer function is disabled so it shouldn't matter if the key/guage match. Will report back once I've tried it to confirm if it works of not.

So the race ecu didn't work. I believe it is the ecu provided with the termi exhaust, so has a different map but immobilizer is still active. There is a "Ducati performance" race ecu that has the immo disabled, but they going for 649usd on eBay.

Wondering if anyone local can flash the ecu for a decent price? Or pair the gauges to my keys...or sell me a complete set ecu/guage/lock set off a 09+ Ducati monster

The first reply to this thread was the best advice.But you seem to be driven to fix this your way.It's not going to happen as easily as you think.You need the help of Ken!

Thanks for the reminder. You're right. I've spoken to Ken, he is very knowledgeable and did give me the 3 options for my issue.

New set of guages/locks/ecu ($too much)
Flash ecu ($700)
Rewire starter. This is good cheapest option, but after some research it will disable the kickstand/neutral switch. I'm not sure but it might still display the immo error in dash even though the bike will run. This will definitely work, I'm just not sure I want to take the route just yet.

I'll have to bite the bullet sooner or later, just looking for options..

Rewire starter. This is good cheapest option...
Wow, that's a fancy immobilizer you have there Ducati! Just disables the starter, not the fuel injectors? So any bike if you can power it up you just need to push start it?? lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. You're right. I've spoken to Ken, he is very knowledgeable and did give me the 3 options for my issue.

New set of guages/locks/ecu ($too much)
Flash ecu ($700)
Rewire starter. This is good cheapest option, but after some research it will disable the kickstand/neutral switch. I'm not sure but it might still display the immo error in dash even though the bike will run. This will definitely work, I'm just not sure I want to take the route just yet.

I'll have to bite the bullet sooner or later, just looking for options..

Rewire the starter. Sounds like your making a td bike? so why not go that route? Wasn't that long ago bikes didn't have a neutral switch or kick stand switch...not really necessary.

Last edited:
I have done a lot of research on this topic as someone tried to steal my 695 and damaged the antenna ring and ignition. The immobilizer won't let the bike spark you can just short the starter silinoid to get it to crank. But the ECU is waiting for cluster to give it an "ok to start" signal. With a reflash. It can be disabled.

Back
Top Bottom