Port Dover Friday the 13th April 2018 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover Friday the 13th April 2018

Just had a freezing rain warnings pop up for both Clarington as well as Peterborough – looking at Peterborough I see there is indeed a little bit falling up there, but it’s bone dry down here – I think somebody at the Weather Network can’t wait to push the panic button as warnings are only supposed to be issued when the related weather is “imminent or occurring” vs a “weather watch” which means it may happen. The radar is still clear as could be down here.

Just had a freezing rain warnings pop up for both Clarington as well as Peterborough – looking at Peterborough I see there is indeed a little bit falling up there, but it’s bone dry down here – I think somebody at the Weather Network can’t wait to push the panic button as warnings are only supposed to be issued when the related weather is “imminent or occurring” vs a “weather watch” which means it may happen. The radar is still clear as could be down here.
Weather network has become click-bait these days. It did start raining very lightly on the aurora-markham stretch, on my way in to work.

Weather network has become click-bait these days. It did start raining very lightly on the aurora-markham stretch, on my way in to work.

Turns out this one is on environment Canada, they are the ones who have issued the warnings already for the storms expected tomorrow and Sunday.

Seems to me that a watch versus a warning would have made more sense at this point but from what I’ve read the outlook for the weekend is not pretty, so I guess they’re telling people to get ready in effect.

Been catching a few minutes of the PD webcam here at work. Not a bad showing considering the weather.

Just checked the live webcam and you can count all of the bikes in the shot on your hands and feet. Given the weather I'm not surprised. It is only 3c and pouring rain here in Peterborough. I haven't bothered to make the trip in years, but I'm extra glad I didn't go today!

I had a choice to make this morning, cold ride or make money. I made money.

I had a choice to make this morning, cold ride or make money. I made money.
Spoken like a true Capitalist!

I took my life in my hands and went to a paint store without a note from my wife. No PD-13 but one rec room wall looks better.

Freezing rain?

Brave people climb mountains because they are there. Smart people say "So what."

Back
Top Bottom