Port Dover Friday the 13th April 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover Friday the 13th April 2018

brennmcg

Who's planning on making the early season trip to Dover next month?? If the weather is decent it will be my first time going. Any tips on how to get the most of the experience are welcomed!

If it’s aboce 5C at 5AM when we’d be leaving, and forecasted to be at least 15 or so and sunny through the day, I’ll be there.

Arrive EARLY is my best advice. Even though the first F13’th is early this year (so it’ll only be the more hardcore riders there, the Timmies Angels and “gotta be 25c or more before my bike leaves the garage” crowd will be MIA) there will probably still be a good turnout if the weather is decent. If it is unusually warm, I expect it to be nuts as it *will* drag some of the aforementioned crowd out for their first ride of the year - spring fever will be in full force.

The one in July will be typically insane. We usually arrive in town around 6:30-7AM to avoid the multiple kilometres of traffic lineups, and to get a good spot near the 4 corners downtown and then do breakfast at the hotel buffet.

If you can swing it, camp (free) at the school. The whole experience is better if you enjoy the party and spend the night.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

There are two places in Dover where you can throw a tent for free. One is at the school, the other is a parking lot afaik.
I've camped at the school once. If you Google it you'll find references to free camping at Dover on the 13th.

There are two places in Dover where you can throw a tent for free. One is at the school, the other is a parking lot afaik.
I've camped at the school once. If you Google it you'll find references to free camping at Dover on the 13th.

Gracias

If you’re camping and actually plan on sleeping, bring earplugs – you will need them – quite the party atmosphere. ;)

never been, but it sounds like fun
are there any motorcycle activities?

or is it just walk around looking at bikes
then drink your face off?

not that I'm complaining
those are two pretty fun things

Can’t believe this thread made it 12 hours without a single “pirate convention” response. ;)

If you trust Accuweather and a month away. Warmish and wettish.

FRI
APR 13
12° /1°C
Periods of rain

Accuweather is American so many of their Canadian forecasts are based on nearest US cities without much actual further insight, so I wouldn’t recommend using them vs Environment Canada.

And a month away? Yeah, lol. Why they still try to do forecasts a month out I’ll never know, their accuracy has to be in the low teens at best.

On Saturday they were saying 8° C for this Friday. Today they are Saying 1°C for this Friday. Conclusion: They have no idea! lol

I was just gunna say!

Accuweather is American so many of their Canadian forecasts are based on nearest US cities without much actual further insight, so I wouldn’t recommend using them vs Environment Canada.

And a month away? Yeah, lol. Why they still try to do forecasts a month out I’ll never know, their accuracy has to be in the low teens at best.

As of today Accuweather is saying 14° C and some sun. Not taking any bets other than dark by midnight.

Back
Top Bottom