Mcdougall Insurance? 1500 a year for 600cc SS? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mcdougall Insurance? 1500 a year for 600cc SS?

Except OP said “new rider”. Presumably they’d only credit actual M class licence years towards that, right?

If he just got his M but pulled a fast one on them trying to say “oh yeah, I’ve been licenced since I was 16” (meaning, his G) then there’s probably a material misrepresentation thing happening, no?
yes....broker will issue a temp liability binder
when underwriter review the application
and discovers a possible inaccuracy
they'll issue a revised premium
or cancel

not saying this is what the guy did
story is not known at this point

Indeed however it’s been my experience that some insurers may write the policy based on good faith information initially, and then do their legwork to confirm at all afterwards – if that was the scenario, OP’s friend is in for a rude awakening.

Either that or he has actually held his motorcycle license for a long time before he actually started riding and the underwriter is accepting that as proof of “experience” even though realistically he has none.

Something *still* not adding up, to me at least.

I had my M2 for 3 years before i bought a bike and they consider me as having 3 years of 'experience'. /shrug

In this insurance racket environment, take what you can get imo.

I had my M2 for 3 years before i bought a bike and they consider me as having 3 years of 'experience'. /shrug

In this insurance racket environment, take what you can get imo.

I am 22 with an M2. If someone that is 25 that just gets their M2 THEY will pay less than me.

Its a game of numbers.

I am 22 with an M2. If someone that is 25 that just gets their M2 THEY will pay less than me.

Its a game of numbers.

I guess age bracket trumps experience to some degree.

There’s was some miscommunicate somewhere along the line. He wasn’t even able to get a quote. I called myself and they also couldn’t offer me a quote for a GSXR600.
He did however get a quote from Mitchell and Whale for $3100.

I’m going to call them later today to see about a quote as well.

edit - 3700 from M&W

Last edited:
There’s was some miscommunicate somewhere along the line. He wasn’t even able to get a quote. I called myself and they also couldn’t offer me a quote for a GSXR600.

edit - 3700 from M&W
Now that's more in line with what I expected.

edit - 3700 from M&W

Can confirm these are M&W quotes.

Not cheap by any means, and not THAT expensive either(3100).

Gotta pay to play.

Last edited:
$3100/year for a new rider on a SS is still amazingly cheap, all things considered.

If $250+/month all year around is worth it to some, run with it.

$3100/year for a new rider on a SS is still amazingly cheap, all things considered.

If $250+/month all year around is worth it to some, run with it.

I'd be more than willing to pay 3100 a year for a SS.
3700..Even though it's only 600 more on top of the already ridiculously high insurance premium, it's a little too much for my liking.

I'm hoping next year I'll fulfill my dream of getting a SS once my 15 over speeding ticket is cleaned from my record, and 1 year licensed is up.

I'd be more than willing to pay 3100 a year for a SS.
3700..Even though it's only 600 more on top of the already ridiculously high insurance premium, it's a little too much for my liking.

I'm hoping next year I'll fulfill my dream of getting a SS once my 15 over speeding ticket is cleaned from my record, and 1 year licensed is up.

15 over? sheesh, must have been a slow day for the cop.

15 over? sheesh, must have been a slow day for the cop.

Unless it was actually 30-40 over and the cop was actually just being nice in reducing it to 15.

So far as insurance goes it's a minor ticket either way, but the fine is less.

Back
Top Bottom